PDA

View Full Version : I just used body hair bleach on my hair...

*Elvina*
July 12th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I know the topic must sound really stupid but it wasn't a total disaster...

So, I have dark blond waist length hair that's healthy, except the last 7 cms is a bit dry, but not overly so, and when I take good care of it, not noticable.

I always go to the hair dresser each 3 months for a balayage (a sort of highlights). However last time I wasn't really content and thought the roots should have been a bit more blond compared to the rest of my hair.

So, I was frustrated and decided to use Adina body hair bleach on my head. I used it on a few strands around my face, let it sit for a good 15 minutes and washed it out.

When I looked in the mirror, my first reaction was: 'oh no, there's a slightly orange halo around my face:doh::no:'. However this was in the very bright light of my bathroom. In normal light it was much less.

Anyway, I quickly put on lots of 'perfect platinum' from Redken (a purple conditioner, the replacement of 'pure pearl'), let it sit for a good 15 minutes, then rinced, looked in the mirror of my bathroom, it seemed a little better, then I decided to dry my hair. Luckely the color was much better when dry, no orange at all, just 'medium golden blonde'.

I also don't feel a difference in the hair I put the bleach on, it's still as soft as before. I just read that body hair bleach is less agressive than regular hair bleach.

So now, I kinda wonder how come not more people use this method. I don't think the initial (barely visible) orange hue was from the product as I did use very little, and you can always do it a second time.

Khiwanean
July 12th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I just read that body hair bleach is less agressive than regular hair bleach. It is. I was actually thinking "at least you didn't use head hair bleach on your body hair."
I'm glad it turned out well!

chipzahoy
July 12th, 2010, 11:44 AM
I've done it before.. my virgin hair is black so I took some Jolen creme bleach that was lying around the bathroom just to "see" if my hair would lighten at all, since I had no experience with dyes or bleaches before then. I put it on tiny little groups of hair along my part line and gained lovely orange highlights as a result :whistle:

It didn't damage the strands nearly as much as my later endeavors with regular hair bleach.

triumphator!
July 12th, 2010, 11:55 AM
be careful experimenting with harsh chemicals! :bigeyes:

Paniscus
July 12th, 2010, 01:32 PM
hehehe.... and when I was a teenager, I used cleaning bleach shudder: on the ends of some of my hair! Umm... it works! The part that didn't fall off was bright white/blond and soft. Again, the part that DID NOT fall off! I never said I was a smart kid~ but it was the 80's and being smart was not in style. :brainbleach:

ETA: I often wondered what my 1000th post would be. So like me, to make a post making fun of myself!

alabaster
July 12th, 2010, 01:41 PM
hehehe.... and when I was a teenager, I used cleaning bleach shudder: on the ends of some of my hair! Umm... it works! The part that didn't fall off was bright white/blond and soft. Again, the part that DID NOT fall off! I never said I was a smart kid~ but it was the 80's and being smart was not in style. :brainbleach:

ETA: I often wondered what my 1000th post would be. So like me, to make a post making fun of myself!

congrats on your 1000th post!! :)