PDA

View Full Version : ponytail juat about two inches long haha

lady G
May 15th, 2008, 07:48 AM
awwww i wish it would grow faster its still too short to wear in a ponytail yet its just a wee little stumpy thing!! anyone else out there still at this stage lol

paper
May 15th, 2008, 07:51 AM
*raises hand*

I know it's frustrating. We can grow together :)

Unofficial_Rose
May 15th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I remember this stage about 6 months ago. I was delighted to be able to put it back/up at all after months of short hair!

Yay for pony stubs. They look OK in my eyes! :D

lady G
May 15th, 2008, 07:53 AM
yeah well to be honest i rejoiced as at least it is a ponytail now but long long way to go and yeah lets all grow together....... the new stubby ponytail support group :)

lora410
May 15th, 2008, 07:54 AM
:lol: I remember my first pony stub with wisp of hair coming out everywhere. It grows by faster then you think ;)

jojo
May 15th, 2008, 08:42 AM
hey its still progress bet a few weeks ago you couldn't do that? i think pony stubs look cute and proof that your hair is growing, well done thats another goal accomplished!

Millielie
May 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I was so happy when I managed my first little ponytail. But yes, it grows much faster as you may think at the moment. :)

Eireann
May 15th, 2008, 10:17 AM
I'm not there now, but I do feel your pain. I was recently confronted with a very old video on youtube which shows me with a 1 inch pony stub, immortalized for all the world to see. :-( And, no, you can't have the link. :p

spidermom
May 15th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Ah, the pony-stub. Don't you just love it? I remember my hair sticking to my neck while I was working in the garden one day so I made two of them, because my hair was too short to make one. I had one behind each ear, and talk about funny looking. But it felt so good to get my hair off my neck. That was my style for at home for weeks during the hot weather.

Islandgrrl
May 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Not there anymore, but I clearly remember the pony-stub days. Like Spidermom, I always made 2 - it looked better than one. It was kind of a fun stage for me, but as others have mentioned, it didn't last long!

Just keep growing!

cindy58
May 15th, 2008, 12:18 PM
That's a "starter" or "trainer" ponytail!

DavidN
May 15th, 2008, 12:20 PM
My ponytail was once like that, Lady G, a bit longer now. There is always a beginning, so just hang in there, and it will be a lot longer before you know it!

Nynaeve
May 15th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I remember this stage a while after my first major cut. She cut it a LOT shorted than I wanted so it took forever to get it long enough for a ponytail.
Yay for finally getting it into a ponytail!
(just make sure that isn't all you ever do, don't destroy your hair with ponytails like I did. :p)

kerrie
May 15th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hello, I had my hair cut in a bob in February and now finally I can put it into ponytail! It's very short though and I feel a bit embarrassed about it. :rolleyes:

Let's grow it loooooooonger together!

:cheese:

Sorry for my English, it's not my mother tongue.

AutumnLeaves
May 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Raises hand embarassedly admitting to another member with a stubby pony tail. But there is no dye in my hair at least! Now it is going to get as long as I can grow it...or to tailbone, whichever comes first!

DecafJane
May 15th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I am so in love with my little ponytail that I keep taking pictures of it and putting it in my album. ;)
They grow pretty fast, so I'm excited that we can make a ponytail at all - it won't take long to move on to bigger/longer and better things. :cheese:

C_Bookworm
May 15th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Of I am exactly there. And the bottom isn't even long enough to go into the ponytail. Makes you a bit crazy doesn't it? I've been doing a lot of twisting strands and bobbypinning the whole thing up. Like beach hair meets pride and prejudice

lady G
May 16th, 2008, 01:48 AM
hey its nice to hear all you stubby ponytail people persevering its giving me incentive :)

bte
May 16th, 2008, 04:28 AM
The pony stub is one of the most important milestones - the first time your hair has been long enough to do anything with, and the first time you have that feeling that your hair is being pulled gently by something. Also, it's the first sign that other people notice that makes you look different from before, so that it's obvious you are growing your hair.

Enjoy it and the rest of the journey.

Emme76
May 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I am here with you! I also have a very tiny stubby ponytail..I am very very proud of mine...lol...even if I admit it looks a bit funny. I also got my first hairclip today...! Now I can put my hair not only in a regular pony but also with a clip...:D!!!

Letīs grow together :cheese:!!!!

/Emme

Amara
May 16th, 2008, 02:50 PM
You know what, i think pony stubs and pigtail stubs look cute!

*BelievingAgain
May 18th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Oh, I'm joining this club!!! :D

Yes, I'm well and truly in 'pony-stub' territory, my hair looks awful down (it's healthy, but because I don't want to use styling appliances or styling products that cause a lot of build-up, it just sits rather limply, I look like Professor Snape :eek:) and if I put it in a little stub, I find I just get too much of a damaged-looking bend where the tie has been. Lol sorry for the long sentence!

So yes, I'm feeling this thread sooooooo much...thank you for starting it!

Jess :flower:

vidgrl007
May 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM
well at least i dont feel like the lone ranger.my hair is cbl ,i can just now get it into a french braid.lets grow together lol.

Katurday
May 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Today was the first day I realized that I can get it all in a little stub without the assistance of bobby pins (minus my bangs hey whatever).
I was all "YEAAAAAH!"
Its a great life.
:B

Bellatrix
May 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Seems appropriate.

Aelith
May 18th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I am finally to the point where I have a stubby pony and don't have to pin the sides. Yay me. I am so frustrated through. It seemed to take FOREVER to go from 13 inches to 17. I still have about 5 inches until APL. Ugh. :mad:

jojo
May 19th, 2008, 09:53 PM
The pony stub is one of the most important milestones - the first time your hair has been long enough to do anything with, and the first time you have that feeling that your hair is being pulled gently by something. Also, it's the first sign that other people notice that makes you look different from before, so that it's obvious you are growing your hair.

Enjoy it and the rest of the journey.

i totally agree, its the first turning into the road of long hair!

fatmoogas
May 24th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Don't get discouraged.

lady G
May 25th, 2008, 09:35 AM
well its nice to know I am not alone in pony stub land :D lets all keep on growing and posting on here for support through the bad hair days :)

Evie
May 25th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Can I join?? I am just growing again after a cut to remove damaged, dyed, processed hair....from about APL and a bit below to above jaw length...

It is now just below my jaw, and can get a pony stub (with pins etc....) yay - but some support would be great....

AND have about 1" of my natural colour - very exciting....

kwaniesiam
May 25th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Here's a pic of my "ponystub" :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/KyanAdiel/shorthair6.jpg

lady G
June 30th, 2008, 11:39 AM
well its a month into the fringe growing exercise and its been fine, I feel ok with it now, and today my hair was getting in my collar:D but instead of feeling irritated I thought that was really quite a goal to achieve!! I tied it back and the ponytail that was a stump 6 weeks ago is now far less stumpy:)

yay for progress:)

lora410
June 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Ahh I remember my first pony stub and then actual ponytail. Congrats on your goal :flower:

jojo
June 30th, 2008, 12:34 PM
awwww i wish it would grow faster its still too short to wear in a ponytail yet its just a wee little stumpy thing!! anyone else out there still at this stage lol

And 2 months ago it was only an inch long and in a months time it will be 3 inches! from small acorns, big oaks grow!

Your hair will grow long and you will have a swishy pony tail before you know it!

bex487
June 30th, 2008, 12:59 PM
When I make a high ponytail (for exercising and whatnot) it's so short because my hair is quite layered. However, I am finally able to put it all into a high pony without any pins (minus my sideswept bangs, which I want down). I love being able to just throw it all up!

lady G
July 1st, 2008, 01:04 AM
Here's a pic of my "ponystub" :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/KyanAdiel/shorthair6.jpg

yay what a cool ponytail:D mine is almost like that now lets keep on growing :D

xxxx

toodramatik
July 1st, 2008, 01:08 AM
I remember this stage a while after my first major cut. She cut it a LOT shorted than I wanted so it took forever to get it long enough for a ponytail.
Yay for finally getting it into a ponytail!
(just make sure that isn't all you ever do, don't destroy your hair with ponytails like I did. :p)

How do ponytails destroy your hair? =o

I've got to be part of this too.. My ponytail is at about 2 and a half inches. but it hurts so bad to tie :(

YumiYume
July 1st, 2008, 03:59 AM
waving ^^

I got a ponytail to (if i put it as low as possible).. but my front hair is longer than my back, so it looks cind of weard.. =P