PDA

View Full Version : Hair Scare

shockinglength
July 11th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Some guy tried to burn my hair that I knew so I punched him!!! I thought he really did burn it.....I hope I wasn't *too* harsh.

Elinda
July 11th, 2010, 03:56 PM
You were not too harsh! Fire is NOT something to be played around with under any circumstances.

Dragon
July 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM
No way. That is not harsh. I would have done the same thing. And probaly kicked him out of the car. So glad it wasent anymore than one strand.

JenniferNoel
July 11th, 2010, 04:14 PM
That's ridiculous. I would have done the same thing, don't worry. Fire is dangerous, people can be so terribly ignorant.

shockinglength
July 11th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Ok I don't feel that bad anymore, but I sure hope he learned his lesson.

Fiferstone
July 11th, 2010, 04:47 PM
What the HECK did he think he was doing?

and why on earth did he think it's OK to set fire to a part of someone's anatomy?

What if he'd caught some article of clothing that was terribly flammable (i.e. a nylon shirt, for example) on fire and it had MELTED on you.

and you only punched him...I admire your restraint.

Igor
July 11th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Definitely not. As a matter of fact I would have reported him to the police too
Even if he said he was “just going to burn your hair” you have no idea of knowing what his real intensions were. It sounds like an attempted assault in all ways!
I’m glad you punched such a sick individual! Who knows what he really would have done to you?!

BranwenWolf
July 11th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I'd never speak to that person again. Fooling around with fire has the strong possibility to be deadly. That is not funny at all.

Coffeebug
July 12th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Thank god you didn't have a load of hairspray in or anything - it could all have gone up in flames! I had someone try that trick on me and I know how it feels so no - you weren't too harsh, I hope he learns from it!

DARKMARTIAN
July 12th, 2010, 12:36 PM
okay......that bites. Ive had my hair catch fire before. Not a fun thing to have happen.

Good that you socked him one.......id have done the same thing......and he might not have been doing much of ANYTHING after that.....;)

but then again I punched a friend once for throwing a daddy long leg at me too....:o

ButterCream
July 12th, 2010, 12:42 PM
HAIR and FIRE is NOT something that goes together!:mad:

Even if this person was "just kidding" an accident can happen sooooo fast no one gets a chance to think, even if he just pretended!
You defended yourself because you got a real scare, that is only natural.

He did not do a "fun" thing there, it is never "fun" to threaten ANYONE with bodily harm...

Don`t worry, he is to blame for putting you and himself in a position like that;)

Paniscus
July 12th, 2010, 01:22 PM
That is just CRAZY! I concur with Buttercream, a joke can turn into something bad really quickly! I would have punched him and then slapped him with my words~:D

Loreley
July 12th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I would have done the same thing! :boxer:Fire is really dangerous even if he was only kidding.

Carolyn
July 12th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I hope you punched him somewhere where it hurt. Messing around with fire is not funny in the least. My son was burned when he was 6. I know what fire can do to skin. It's not pretty.

tinti
July 12th, 2010, 01:54 PM
No, you were not harsh, I would've kicked him around just in hysteria :p Fire is not something to mess with!

Juneii
July 12th, 2010, 01:59 PM
fire is not okay on any part of your body! Good thing you punched him, now he will know better than to try something like that again.

spidermom
July 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
OMG; that's assault!

Linnykinz
July 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
What?! Even if he wasn't tryna burn my hair..if he was messing around with that at all..I would have given him a piece of me. Fire is not a toy, it kills people.

irisheyes
July 12th, 2010, 02:09 PM
No, you weren't too harsh. Maybe not harsh enough. I was at a party where a girl with long hair backed into a candle. The entire back of her hair went up in flames so fast she didn't even realize it was happening. Luckily, the people around her saw it and put it out. The stench was terrible and her hair was destroyed in a fraction of a second. It was a miracle that she didn't sustain a burn to her back or head, and her clothing didn't ignite. This "friend" of yours is more like an enemy. Consider ending the relationship.

Igor
July 12th, 2010, 02:12 PM
OMG; that's assault!

Completely agree :shake:

Anje
July 12th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Definitely NOT overreacting. Your hair could have completely gone up in flames and given you horrible burns on your face and scalp.

He should be thankful he only ended up punched and not getting sued and thrown in jail!

Norman
July 12th, 2010, 04:02 PM
My wife had an experience at school when she was younger. She could smell burning hair and then ralised that someone had singed the ends of her hair which at the time were waist length. Luckily she was ok, but ayone who tries something like that is a complete idiot.

Elenna
July 12th, 2010, 04:05 PM
That's terrible, hope that you don't have anything to do with this person again.

embee
July 12th, 2010, 06:48 PM
In olden times people who got too close to the fire or to a candle were seriously injured when their hair caught fire. WHOOOSH! I mean, it's *fast* to burn. Try it some time with a shed hair, it frizzles up to nothing in just a heartbeat.

Fire is not a toy. I hope he learned that lesson.

Juneii
July 12th, 2010, 09:17 PM
In olden times people who got too close to the fire or to a candle were seriously injured when their hair caught fire. WHOOOSH! I mean, it's *fast* to burn. Try it some time with a shed hair, it frizzles up to nothing in just a heartbeat.

Fire is not a toy. I hope he learned that lesson.

Agreed. I remember picking up shed hair when I was younger and burning it over a candle as an experiment (not a very smart idea despite standing next to a sink) - it just curled up and went "poof!".

meerikal
July 13th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I would say you showed remarkable restraint. A person who is trying to destroy something you obviously take great pride in is not someone who deserves that leniency. If this was a person that you would like to have a friendship with you can always explain that mutilating your hair ranks right up there with you saying hello by racking him. Come to think of it why warn, next time go for the gold :)

christine1989
July 13th, 2010, 03:02 AM
I'm so glad you stopped him! Nothing smells worse than burning hair!