PDA

View Full Version : Hair too short for single braid?

Cupofmilk
July 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
When I had tb-classic length hair I used to love wearing it over my shoulder in a single braid which hung past my waist.

My hair is near enough waist length (it is when wet and is when dry and straight) - about 30+ inches.

Yet I still can't get a single braid over my shoulder to work - there is simply not enough length.

It's odd beacuse I know my hair was this length in 2006 when I had it cut then and I wore it that way for months.

I know wearing a braid over your shoulder to the front means that you need more hairand wearing one to the back. Yet I can easily manage two braids worn this way.

Would it be worth slicking the hair down with something? Or do you think it's just a fact of needing to be tb to wear my hair this way?

Lemur_Catta
July 11th, 2010, 02:34 PM
My hair is 31 inches long and I can wear a braid over my shoulder, so it's very strange that you can't.
I can do a side braid, and that way it stays nicely, or I can do an English braid at the nape. This way my braid hang right above my breasts, and it isn't very secure, it moves as I move my neck, and it falls easily on my back.
Are you doing a English braid at the nape? Maybe you just need to do a side braid, starting the braid over your shoulder.

triumphator!
July 11th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I think you're starting the braid too high. If you start it at the bottom of your neck, it will be able to flex over your shoulder.

pepperminttea
July 11th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I'm at 33 inches and if I do an actual side braid it reaches half-way between front APL and front BSL. If it's a normal single braid at the back and then rested over my shoulder, it's around front APL.

Could you try twin braids? They're always that little bit longer for me.

frizzinator
July 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Maybe your hair was thinner when the braid worked for you back in 2006.

Cupofmilk
July 12th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Some good ideas. I will try a photo when I next do that braid . Thank you

christine1989
July 12th, 2010, 02:08 AM
You could try braiding it wet or damp and starting the braid going over your shoulder (rather than in the back and draping it across).