PDA

View Full Version : Blunt bangs to sideswept?

Ansaphone
July 11th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I'm tired of my blunt bangs, especially because I chopped my hair short and now I look like Cleopatra unless I wear it up in a ponytail. I need to grow to APL but I wonder if I can wear my bangs sideswept somehow during the process. MY hairdresser told me to come back in 2,5 weeks, but what will she do to them?

Jenw777
July 11th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I just kind of trimmed mine at an angle, and brushed them to the sides. It worked long enough for them to grow out.

Ansaphone
July 11th, 2010, 11:40 AM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll239/smajgi/Nicole%20Richie/4238_5818_Richie-Nicole-14-4x1.jpg I want my hair like this , how much growth of bangs will I need?

triumphator!
July 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll239/smajgi/Nicole%20Richie/4238_5818_Richie-Nicole-14-4x1.jpg I want my hair like this , how much growth of bangs will I need?

Um, how long are your bangs?

Ansaphone
July 11th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Just beneath eyebrow. I just had them reshaped again, they had grown 1 cm in 2 weeks.

triumphator!
July 11th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Just beneath eyebrow. I just had them reshaped again, they had grown 1 cm in 2 weeks.

Probably a couple months, then. When you style them from wet, divide your bangs overtop of one of your eyebrows to start training it to side-sweep. The other bits will just balance out the other side of your head.

Ansaphone
July 11th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Months? Nah. I think even with a few weeks I can make them sideswepty, most hairdressers say that. My hair is longer than hers as well.

triumphator!
July 11th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Months? Nah. I think even with a few weeks I can make them sideswepty, most hairdressers say that. My hair is longer than hers as well.

Oh right, if you continue to get them gradually shaped like your picture's, I mean.

Ravenne
July 11th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Yeah, if you want to start doing the side-sweep, then just start parting them with the rest of your hair. That's what I did when I got my blunt-bang disaster cut a few years ago. :)

paperwhite
July 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I did basically the same thing as Jenw77, but since I'm growing them out, not just into a different style, it's taking forevvvver. I waited until my blunt bangs were long enough to need a good trim, went to a hairdresser and explained the plan, and had them trimmed accordingly on an angle. It's working so far, but it's also been a good reminder of why I don't like having bangs :p

Good luck in making the transition from blunt to sideswept! I like both styles :)

ETA: I agree with training them to part at a certain spot, and doing it while they're wet. That definitely helped me. A little bit of light product couldn't hurt either, at least until they start falling into place on their own.

Ansaphone
July 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM
But how do I do that if I am wearing the rest up in a ponytail? I can comb it allto the sided but naturally it falls to one length. Does the hairdresser cut it at an angle or somethin
g?

Ansaphone
July 11th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Also my hiar is now somehow just below shoulderlength and I really look like cleopatra. So no loose hair for me until october. Just the bangs. Can they be trimmed at an angle?

Sammich
July 11th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Perhaps a picture of the bangs could help us picture what they're like on you? It's kinda hard for me to imagine what you mean! :p

Roseate
July 11th, 2010, 02:16 PM
But how do I do that if I am wearing the rest up in a ponytail? I can comb it all to the side but naturally it falls to one length. Does the hairdresser cut it at an angle or something?

You might try putting a little clip in it when it's wet, to let them dry in the position you want. Or if you have a blowdryer, you could give them a few blasts with that while combing them in the direction you want. The ponytail shouldn't make a difference.

And yes, the stylist will probably cut them a bit on an angle, and also probably snip into the ends a little to lighten them up so that they are easier to train to the side. That's what happened with mine anyway. Tough it out for a couple weeks, they'll grow!

sarah061
July 11th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I had a very blunt thick bangs and just never cut them. Now they're long enough to be perfect side-swept, I didnt have to do any shaping. It took me 6 months for them to get long enough to do this though. (Wow, can't believe it's been 6 months!!) Anyway, good luck!

Ansaphone
July 13th, 2010, 09:41 AM
i son;t really get it... I wear it in a ponytail so ALL of my bangs will have to go to one side. How do they stay in place and what kin of cut will she make? I wouldnt min getting shoter hair to match it as long as I am rid of these bangs.