PDA

View Full Version : Pick Hair Born With

Dragon
July 11th, 2010, 03:51 AM
If you could have chosen the hair you are born with, what would it be?

Mine would be, medium thickness, very straight and as black as you can get it. And a terminal length of down to my ankles.

DARKMARTIAN
July 11th, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'll say Liberty Spikes....

see how mom likes pushing that out!!!....

Just kidding....:o

Loreley
July 11th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Mine would be jet-black, 2b and very thick. :)

tinti
July 11th, 2010, 05:09 AM
Mine would be strawberry blond 2a and medium thickness. Don't know what my term lenght is yet, so I'll wait and see :)

serious
July 11th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Mine would be curly and red.

Brownie
July 11th, 2010, 05:21 AM
I would pick my hair.

Capybara
July 11th, 2010, 05:38 AM
I would like my hair.

If I could have hair like those Rapunzel Barbie Dolls where you could make the hair instantly longer or shorter just by pulling a string, that would be awesome as well. :p

PiroskaCicu
July 11th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Strawberry blonde, 2b, and very thick! :-)

Sammich
July 11th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Mine would be thick hair, little ringlets down to my thighs and firey red! :)

Drynwhyl
July 11th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Ginger, wavy and I'd keep my thickness. :)

Igraine
July 11th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Thickness is fine, 2c, and dark chocolate brown :D

BlackfootHair
July 11th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Pretty much what I have now, only sapphire blue...because apparently I can't obtain it very easy with chemicals! lol

Tovah
July 11th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Auburn thick and straight.
Although, blonde is another option-easier to grow the silvers in without looking mousey.
But definitely thick and straight.

PineappleJello
July 11th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I'd want what I have now. Fine/Medium texture and thick hair. I'd also want the colour I had when I was a little girl, it seemed more red than it is now.

masa_inn
July 11th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Jet-black curly (3b-3c), iiii, split-proof pretty please :)

squiggyflop
July 11th, 2010, 09:14 AM
light blond iii (5 inch pony).. coarse (coarse hair gets less splits).. 1a super straight.. with my own normal growth rate..

so 1a/C/iii in blond please..

or if i cant have blond can i have my brother's color (copper with strawberry blond highlights)

TrudieCat
July 11th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Very red, very thick, & very straight. My actual hair's an ok second, since I am learning to love it. :)

kwaniesiam
July 11th, 2010, 09:27 AM
2b/2c iii, mix of fine and medium strands. Blonde or strawberry blonde color.

x0h_bother
July 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Thickness is fine, 2c, and dark chocolate brown :D

1AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have much LHC member envy for this hair type.

Quixii
July 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Strawberry blonde, 3b ringlets. :D A little thicker than my hair, but not insanely thick.
See, my hair is really close to exactly what I want - in certain lights it's reddish, and sometimes I get nice spirals with my 3a wave and curls, and the thickness is fairly good (though I wish the ends were thicker). So close. I love my hair anyway.

May
July 11th, 2010, 09:43 AM
3A (all over) f ii

Sort of what I have now but in a light neutral/chocolate brown. I'd be in hair heaven :cloud9:

Tabihito
July 11th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I actually like my hair color (dark brown with a little red in it), so I'll keep that. But I'd prefer my hair was either really curly or straight, none of this in-between wavy nonsense. And maybe a little more thickness for when I braid it, I get some pretty little braids when I do...

TinaDenali
July 11th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I can never decide if I want my hair lighter or darker.

So, I'd say either:
1. Jet black, thick, straight.
-or-
2. Very light, white blonde whispy, magical hair. Think Luna Lovegood.

Either of those would be great! I'd like to trade in my boring ash brown!!

buzzlegum
July 11th, 2010, 09:49 AM
It would be close to my actual hair but magically healthier and thicker. :D Definitely the same colour and probably just as wurly, but maybe somehow less tangly and more brushable.

Lemur_Catta
July 11th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Curly or wavy...either 3b/3c or 2c/3a, M, iii (my ponytail is 4inches, I would like about 1 inch more), RED! very very RED! xD

sugarpixie10988
July 11th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I like my current color, maybe a bit lighter though, and more pronounced natural highlights. I'd want my hair to be naturally wavy though, about the same as braid waves. I'd like curly hair too, but I think on me I'd prefer wavy. I'd also love a bigger ponytail circumference, It's currently 3 inches, but it will be 4 once the bangs get long enough. I think I'd like it to be around 5 inches though.

Jenn of Pence
July 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I like my hair, but I might prefer that it be closer to 1a/1b than 1b/1c. Hard to complain about that, though ;)

Xandergrammy
July 11th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Mine would be thick hair, little ringlets down to my thighs and firey red! :)

Ooooh, this sounds nice! I'll say this kind, however the actual hair I was born with was pretty awesome. Platinum blond. Sadly, it only lasted a few years.

Long_hair_guy
July 11th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I would stick with my hair current hair but it wouldn't have a term length and it would grow four times has fast.

Cimorene
July 11th, 2010, 10:26 AM
1) 3bMii -- Red, bouncy ringlets all the way to my waist!

or:

2) 2bMiii -- Jet black, thick and wavy, down to my knees! This would be similar to my hair now, but a little thicker, a little wavier, and a little darker.

:inlove:

Naava
July 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM
-Golden blonde 3bMiii hip lenght

or

-Dark chocolate brown 2bMiii tbl

Aliped
July 11th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Mine would be curly and red.
Yup, that would be my first choice too.

growing2shine
July 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I would like to have 2b or 3a/m/iii dark brown almost black, like my dad... classic length. :D
It would match my dark eyes and I've always wanted very dark hair.

ooo
July 11th, 2010, 11:32 AM
golden blond, thick, straight and down to the tailbone. nothing very extravagant :)

pepperminttea
July 11th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I don't think mine would be that far off what have now; a little thicker, stronger would be nice, and a terminal length longer than I am tall. And perhaps an insanely fast growth rate too. :)

rachelily
July 11th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I would keep my natural color, tighten up my curl pattern just a tad, and make my hair a lot thicker. Obviously, I'd also have it down to my waist :)

Witchy
July 11th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hair that doesn't frizz!!

Being a natural blonde with wavy hair, I've always wanted raven black, pin straight hair, 1a/M/ii. Soooo pretty, so jealous of people who have it :)

Linnykinz
July 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Definitely nice, bouncy curls, M/C iii. Yes, I want a LOT of hair!! And down to my ankles

1nuitblanche
July 11th, 2010, 12:31 PM
My preference would be 3a/3b M/C ii/iii. My colour is ok, but I think I'd like it a little darker with more of the red and blonde highlights that show up. But, if I could only chance 1 thing about my hair, it would definitely be to have curls instead of "almost wavy, almost straight - hey!! what are there like 2 ringlets here?!?!" hair.

GRU
July 11th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I find it amusing how many people want red, curly hair.... be careful what you ask for!!! :lol: (anyone wanna switch with me??? :D)

I don't really have any color preference, to be honest. I would, however, like to have:

waves(2c-ish) instead of bajillions of curls
medium texture, none of this coarse crap
II thickness to be able to do updos without major contortions
low porosity -- I'm sick of battling humidity!
no grays until I'm a grandparent

In other words, I don't want to have to WRESTLE with my hair my entire life. It could be purple with pink and green polka dots, if it would just BEHAVE itself! :rolleyes:

jane01
July 11th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Mine would be black and really thick, but no frizz or fly-aways, just gorgeous! Waist length and have natural waves.

twilight
July 11th, 2010, 12:39 PM
red, thick, and wavy/curly like jean grey from xmen 2... that was impressive hair.

henna gets me pretty close, but it would be nice not to have to color! ;)
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/laststand1.jpg

lapushka
July 11th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I'd make no changes to the rest of my hair (thickness, color, ...) except I'd have loved to have curls instead of waves.

Dreams_in_Pink
July 11th, 2010, 01:31 PM
I'd have M version of my own hair. Coarse just doesn't work well with the waves (wiry frizz, anyone?)

serious
July 11th, 2010, 01:33 PM
GRU, when I said red,curly hair, I was thinking your hair :)

Xi
July 11th, 2010, 01:48 PM
2a / M / iii and dark :cool:

My 2a is an obedient hair type (adopts braidwaves easily/easily combed straight), but I wouldn't mind trading in my tanglesome fine hairs for all medium... And thick, thick, THICK hair would be lovely.

Neat thread! I am glad many people are happy with what they have -- in truth, so am I ... mostly.:rolleyes:

Sarahmoon
July 11th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I'd go with very dark chocolate brown 2a/b m ii hair, classic length, and it won't turn grey until I'm 60. I like red wavy hair as well, but my sweet boyfriend likes brown better than red :oops:

Roseate
July 11th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I'm pretty happy with what I've got, I'd just tweak it a little:

-I'd like a magically consistent wave pattern. My canopy is noticeably straighter than the rest, I'd like it to all be the same.

-M instead of C, please! I'd like a little more soft and silky and a little less coarse and wiry.

-A tad less thickness, maybe right on the ii/iii line so I can do more updos and break less hairtoys!

Of course it would be fun to have some dazzling haircolor like blazing red or deep, glossy brunette, but I don't know what I'd pick in that department, really, so I guess I'll stick with what I've got.

Dark40
July 11th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Mine would be straight auburn hair to the floor.

jera
July 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I'd choose thick, straight, honey blond hair that waves at the ends. And, I'd grow it to the floor. ;)

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

woodlandnymph
July 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Think I would pretty much like my hair with just a tad bit thicker hemline and no split ends at classic or thigh length

chelseamichelle
July 11th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Fine, silky, pin straight and waist length. It would be great if it was naturally black but i wouldn't suit it :(

GRU
July 11th, 2010, 03:08 PM
GRU, when I said red,curly hair, I was thinking your hair :)

Awwww, that's so sweet!!!! :flowers: Wish I'd found this community about 25-30 years ago... my self-esteem could have used the ego-boost when I was growing up! ;)

All of this makes me wonder -- the straights want to go curlier, the curlies want to go straighter, the M/Cs want to go M and the F/Ms want to go M, the is and iis want to go iii, and the iiis want to go ii..... I guess the grass really is always greener on the other side of the fence!

What has us all convinced that *everyone else* has easier hair than we have? I'm starting to realize that *all* hair is a PITA to deal with if you want it to look well-behaved! :D

Elinda
July 11th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Either strawberry blonde or red hair with a 1c/2a texture. (That was actually the hair I was born with, but it changed into a blonde when I was as toddler. :()

MissManda
July 11th, 2010, 04:37 PM
I am pretty happy with my hair as it is.

Curl Pattern - Pure 1c instead of 1b/1c or 2b because I'd love for my hair to look as if it has just been taken out of braids.
Texture - F/M or M.
Thickness - I like my current thickness. If I had to choose a different one, though, it would be a 4.75-5" ponytail circumference. Having hair that is borderline obscenely thick would be kinda nice.
Color - Ultra-glossy/shiny, deep auburn; just a shade or two darker than my avatar picture. If not that, then a nice, rich chocolate brown. I also think deep black and starlight silver are beautiful, but I don't think they would suit me.

Alvrodul
July 11th, 2010, 04:55 PM
A women I used to work wit has the most _wonderful_ hair, and I was consumed with hair-envy every time I saw her. Her family comes from Pakistan, so she has those long, thick, raven-black, wavy tresses (quite a contrast to my own very fine, bone-straight, Scandinavian, dishwater-colored-under-the-henna hair).
She has about waist-length hair, with a hemline that must be seen to be believed (I wonder what her terminal length would be...) and keeps complaining about how thick and fast-growing her hair is!:disbelief
She also uses bleach on her hair fairly frequently (lightens stripes to a chocolaty brown), and her hair survives that - my own hair curls up and dies if you wave a bottle of chemicals at it. thank Freya all the chemical damage to my hair is all grown out now!
Now , I like my current color just fine, but I don't think my envy of my friend's hair structure or thickness will ever go away.

trolleypup
July 11th, 2010, 05:17 PM
If you could have chosen the hair you are born with, what would it be?

Mine would be, medium thickness, very straight and as black as you can get it. And a terminal length of down to my ankles.
Pretty close...1a, C, iii, with a longer terminal length and faster growth.

christine1989
July 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I would want it VERY thick with the same color I have now (dark brown) and tight spiral curls that I could grow to my waist. I could be like goldie locks but with brown hair....so brownie locks I guess ;)

BranwenWolf
July 11th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I was born with long (6") red curly hair, and wish I could have kept it.

Speckla
July 11th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Medium thickness, medium porosity, 3a/b brown curls, and hip length. :) Oh wait, that's what I have now (except for the hip length, that will be in 18 mths hopefully).

Cinnamoon
July 11th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I'd stick with the straightness and thickness I have, but I want ii hair, not iii! I love my thick hair, but there's just so much. A terminal length of mid calf would be nice, too, just so that I could have it at pretty much whatever length that I wanted.

Ivy~Rose
July 11th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I like my color, but I'd go from my pseudo waviness up to crazy curly. I've always wanted to be 3c! That would mean I'd probably be iii too--which would be great :D And my goal would still be tailbone or so.

Cheeks1206
July 11th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I think I would choose my color, with 3b curls and a little bit thicker. I do love my hair, but I would like to have a little stronger of a curl pattern.

myrrhmaiden
July 11th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I wish I had hair that changed color like a mood ring.

clichepithet
July 11th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I would pick my hair.

I would pick Brownie's hair too. :p Except, really. I'd have to echo. As much as I growl at my own hair at times, the grass is always greener. I'll take mine. Which incidentally, is only green with too much unchecked chlorine.

Lavina
July 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I would like to be a white blond with very long hair :).

Beatrice
July 11th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Awwww, that's so sweet!!!! :flowers: Wish I'd found this community about 25-30 years ago... my self-esteem could have used the ego-boost when I was growing up! ;)

All of this makes me wonder -- the straights want to go curlier, the curlies want to go straighter, the M/Cs want to go M and the F/Ms want to go M, the is and iis want to go iii, and the iiis want to go ii..... I guess the grass really is always greener on the other side of the fence!

What has us all convinced that *everyone else* has easier hair than we have? I'm starting to realize that *all* hair is a PITA to deal with if you want it to look well-behaved! :D

You said it! It's even worse if your hair changed drastically in color or texture at some point in your life. It's difficult to wean yourself from the belief that the hair you used to have is somehow your "real" or "better" hair.

I've learned to love the hair I have now. I think. :p Yes, my childhood hair was shinier and less prone to frizz, but it could also be lank and limp. If I could choose, I might go one or two shades lighter and redder. Medium auburn instead of coffee brown. And I might choose 1b instead of 1c, but I'm not sure. I'd probably stick with my texture and thickness.

mintyhot
July 11th, 2010, 09:20 PM
hmm... either jet black or fiery red, knee length, 1a/b, and thick! :)

HintOfMint
July 11th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Keeping in mind my skin color and eye color, I would love to have the ability to have a 5" diameter ponytail, that is jet black and 1b. I would also like to have a terminal time of about knee length, so I could grow it out to classic without fairytale ends. Granted, I am recovering from just having my hair straightened for the first time in 2 years and I am fighting the temptation to do that again and have straight hair. I know there's hair wrapping but that is time consuming and not nearly as satisfying as frying one's hair into submission.

If I could also could have compatible skin and eye color, then I would like Titian red hair, 3A, 5" ponytail diameter, and knee length terminal.

Eire
July 11th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Thick and not dry/frizzy, with natural waviness and a rich auburn brown color.

GRU
July 11th, 2010, 11:06 PM

Mine would probably still always be red.... :steam

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Katurday
July 11th, 2010, 11:10 PM
I want...Slightly more deep red/burgundy, waist length, MY hair. Damage free. Maybe less frizzy.

OperaTeacherMom
July 11th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Auburn, 3a/3b, fine, ii. So basically my hair just a little curlier, auburn, and a tad more of it :)

Mae
July 12th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I'm happy with my hair as it is, but I wouldn't say no to a little more thickness. :)

*Aoife*
July 12th, 2010, 03:56 AM
3c - F/M - iii

Curlier and thicker but the exact same colour.

DARKMARTIAN
July 12th, 2010, 04:09 AM

I was seriously going to say the same thing....but then I realized that there could be many occasions actually when I might not want to make my mood known to the public....:D

Mine would probably still always be red.... :steam

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is it that I totally believe you?.....;)

GRU
July 12th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Why is it that I totally believe you?.....;)

Because you're pretty sharp.... for a guy???? :p

DARKMARTIAN
July 12th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Because you're pretty sharp.... for a guy???? :p

My edge is well honed GRU......thanks "Big Red"...:flower:

(thats my hillbilly name for GRU's hair....she knows what I mean.....;))

;) :D :p

GRU
July 12th, 2010, 06:26 AM
My edge is well honed GRU......thanks "Big Red"...:flower:

You're very welcome! :D

Hiriel
July 12th, 2010, 01:33 PM
More or less the hair I have. Just a little bit redder and wavier. 2a/2b - M - iii and auburn :)

adler
July 12th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I love my curls (at least when they cooperate :grin:), but I've always wanted thicker hair, so my perfect head of hair would be:

3a/m/iii tlbn length

Oh and golden blonde! My color is this weird dark blond/light brown with some red in it...I don't even know what to call it!

xoxophelia
July 12th, 2010, 04:56 PM
I often feel like my exterior doesn't reflect who I am as a person. My life, emotions, personality.. I think it feels in a way more "me" to have black hair but then at the same time I feel that is perhaps a little too conformist for me (in the metal community)

So I guess I can't really say. Mostly right now I just want my roots to grow out because they are so healthy and virgin. I would prefer straight hair.

malinamihaiu
July 12th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Pretty much like I have it now:).Dark blonde,ii and 1b/1c.It's pretty amazing,lol!:cheese::eyebrows:

Angeletti
July 12th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I wouldn't change my straight hair, so I'd probably say just a little thicker and permanent blue-black color that doesn't fade and I'd be set

jackiesjottings
July 13th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I would have my own hair too, but it would have stayed properly red like the day I was born, and maybe been just a bit thicker.

Herb
July 13th, 2010, 07:48 AM
I would like my own hair, but maybe a bit coarser and thicker. : )

stkl
July 13th, 2010, 08:00 AM
3a white blonde hair = Angel hair :cheese: im living in holland for the summer and theres sooooo many girls with long hair like this :mad: (note to self: must. resist. highlights.)

breezefaerie
July 13th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I'd have red, wavy med thickness hair.

Caldonia Sun
July 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Thick, curly and strawberry blonde - about as far away from what "is" as possible. :)

irisheyes
July 14th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I would have the red color I was born with, but straight instead of wavy.