PDA

View Full Version : My first SMT! My experience

HintOfMint
July 10th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Since my amazing conditioner ran out, and I've been doing the "use up your stash" challenge, I figured I would use an SMT for using up the bottles of V05 Vanilla Mint Tea I have lying around.
A few days ago, I got my hair cut and, while I loved the cut and how my hair looked, there were cones involved. There was also a blowdryer and a flat iron. In other words, I needed to clarify, but I also needed a serious moisturizing treatment.
So I decided to whip up an SMT to use the way I would a regular conditioner. I didn't leave it on for an hour, I just put it on after a thorough shampooing, and let it marinate as I tended to other shower duties.
My observations:
The mixture was runny and about 4 parts to 1 part aloe and 2 parts honey (an estimate). It seemed to absorb into my wet hair almost instantly. It wasn't very good for detangling in the shower, so I had to dab on some of the holy grail conditioner (I have a few pathetic quirts left) to get some of the tangles out. It smelled delicious, with the vanilla and honey scent.
After letting it marinate, I rinsed, and am now letting it dry. My hair still smells like honey and vanilla. So far, my hair feels smooth, but thick. My hands feel a bit sticky, so I may not have rinsed it out as well as I should have.
But the good news is that my hair doesn't feel dry like it does when I have used sulfates on the end or have clarified. And I washed with a clarifying sulfate shampoo TWICE. It feels even better than when I CWC'd.
I thought I would share my brief experience with SMT. I suppose if I use this on a regular basis when I CWC, I'll have to make sure to get the tangles out before I wash, because that's one drawback to an SMT (although I shouldn't count it as a drawback since it's not really meant to be used like a regular conditioner).

Loreley
July 11th, 2010, 04:00 AM
I'm glad SMT works for you! :)

Dragon
July 11th, 2010, 04:05 AM
I am gald that you found something that works well on your hair :)

Chiara
July 11th, 2010, 04:54 AM
I've used SMT twice, since I found out about it on LHC. It's amazing, works really well on my hair without weighing it down.
When I had long hair previously, I used to spend a lot of $$$ on an expensive kerastase hair masque. Well, the SMT (with a cheapy conditioner) is better, and the results last longer then with the kerastase product... and I like the smell of the SMT better.
So, glad that it worked for you too!

white line
July 11th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks for your review. I've been wanting to try this, but I can't leave a conditioner on for an hour and jump back in the shower to rinse(too time consuming). Nice to know that it can be used in place of a regular conditioner. I will definately have to give it a try now.