PDA

View Full Version : Old Newbie from the UK

Jostar
May 15th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Hi there, really glad to be here again. I think i was part of a former incarnation of this community and am glad to be part of it again.

I am Jo, mid thirties, mature student. Here to get advice and support for my tresses that are in desperate need of TLC. The ends are very dry and they are very cotty and knotted most of the time. Also rubbish at doing new hair styles, its either up, down or in a pony tail most of the time! My friend's mum did the french plait in my photo.

Anyway, just glad to have found this space again and I look forward to learning more from all you long-haired beauties :D

morgwn
May 15th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Hi Jo! Welcome to the board and hope the end of your school year is going well! :)

I hear you about the ends of your hair, as mine were very much the same before I started following some of the advice of those who are much more experienced here on this site. I joined the challenge back in late November/early December for wearing your hair up for a whole year. The challenge has gotten me to learn many more updo styles and my hair is also in much better condition and has less breakage. I learned the secret of getting your ends oiled up (if they're dry) with the oil of your choice before you tuck them into an updo. I now use coconut oil on my ends (and sometimes still have to saturate them) and that really helps them not be knotted and not be so dry. Also, when washing my hair I now have taken the point of only shampooing near the scalp and not scrubbing, but just finger-combing the shampoo through the upper bit of my hair. The ends of my hair get clean just from the shampoo run-off and they don't get as dry. And then I also now only shampoo my hair about once a week. The other one or two times I wash my hair each week I just do CO and that has really helped my hair.

I'm sure that those who are more experienced than I am will have further tips and tricks to pass on, as I'm always still learning!

physicschick
May 15th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Welcome, Jostar. Your photo is lovely. Do you remember what your account name used to be when you were here before?

Jostar
May 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Hi, I think it was Lavenderblue - that is my usual forum name :D