PDA

View Full Version : Color Fix!!

Linnykinz
July 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Alright ya'll so right now, I'm using One'n Only Colorfix! I've already done one application and had great results, doing another application which is sitting on my head right now. It's worked really well and I'm hoping that this will get the rest of the nasty dye out of my hair.

I've got a question for those of you who have experience with Colorfix though. I read on the ingredients, none of the mixers contain hydrogen peroxide. Which is great! But the processing lotion, that you put on last, does. What's up with this? I've read that sometimes the processing lotion can cause your hair to become a little darker than before you put it on. Is the processing lotion necessary? And will it further bleach my hair, or darken it? Any help or advice is appreciated :)

I will be updating soon with pictures of my progress!

***EDIT***

So, I finished the process (for now) and after 2 applications, this is what I have:

Started off with
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5847&pictureid=76427

After the 1st application, not a huge difference
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5847&pictureid=76429

Now, 2 applications later.....
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5847&pictureid=76428

Keep in mind I have been dying my hair something between red and brown (with bleach in between) for a LONG TIME. I did no expect to get these results! The process seemed to almost relax my hair a bit, but it doesn't help that my hair does not hold much curl from all the damage anyways..

It almost looks freshly henna'd! :D I'm not digging the roots though. I am debating using the rest of the applications to get a super fresh start, or to dye it a chocolatey brown to match my natural color so it is not SO embarassing to grow out ;)

FYI, I used the processing lotion. Didn't seem to make a huge difference in the color, but whatevs :shrug: I am happy.

I would definitely recommend ColorFix, there was no damage to my hair, in fact it almost felt healthier

missfortune9335
July 10th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, I'm just popping in to wish you luck! Hope it turns out how you want :flower:

kwaniesiam
July 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM
What's your starting color and what is your goal? When I used it to remove black dye and cover it with henna ages ago, I didn't use the last bottle. I did use it on someone who I took from jet black to blonde though. The last bottle helps tone down the brassiness and "set" the color removal so it doesn't darken again after if you don't immediately color over it.

Linnykinz
July 10th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, I'm just popping in to wish you luck! Hope it turns out how you want :flower:
Thank you missfortune, I'd say it turned out rather well. :heartbeat

What's your starting color and what is your goal? When I used it to remove black dye and cover it with henna ages ago, I didn't use the last bottle. I did use it on someone who I took from jet black to blonde though. The last bottle helps tone down the brassiness and "set" the color removal so it doesn't darken again after if you don't immediately color over it.

Sorry, I should have been more specific in my original post. I'd say my results weren't too bad if I do say so myself, not TOO drastic like black to blonde. Perhaps I was not mixing perfectly even amounts?

kwaniesiam
July 10th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Thank you missfortune, I'd say it turned out rather well. :heartbeat

Sorry, I should have been more specific in my original post. I'd say my results weren't too bad if I do say so myself, not TOO drastic like black to blonde. Perhaps I was not mixing perfectly even amounts?

It looks good to me, did you have permanent color on your hair? Colorfix pulls out permanent the best, sometimes reds don't lift as well as other colors though since most colors you remove will pull very brassy.

Linnykinz
July 10th, 2010, 04:07 PM
It looks good to me, did you have permanent color on your hair? Colorfix pulls out permanent the best, sometimes reds don't lift as well as other colors though since most colors you remove will pull very brassy.

Actually, it was multiple permanents and semi- or demi- permanents.
I would get upset when it would start to fade and then rush to the store to buy a box color eww :( *regret*

ademtce
July 10th, 2010, 04:40 PM
the lotion is most likely pH balancer since the remover us Sulfur color re-oxidizer, essentially makes the color molecules bigger so they come out. when that happens your hair become un-pH balanced.

its important to restore that balance because it cause all chemical reactions to stop.

yellowchariot
July 10th, 2010, 04:50 PM
I think that color looks pretty cool, especially in the 1st pic, nice texture! :thumbsup:

Linnykinz
July 10th, 2010, 04:51 PM
the lotion is most likely pH balancer since the remover us Sulfur color re-oxidizer, essentially makes the color molecules bigger so they come out. when that happens your hair become un-pH balanced.

its important to restore that balance because it cause all chemical reactions to stop.

Mmm that makes sense, glad I used it. I may have ended up with blonde ends and dark roots LOL! Well maybe not that extreme :)

That's a weird process though, I wonder, where does the color go if the molecules are being almost pushed out of the follicle? Probably a stupid question, but I still can't get that image out of my head

triumphator!
July 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM
It almost looks freshly henna'd! :D I'm not digging the roots though. I am debating using the rest of the applications to get a super fresh start, or to dye it a chocolatey brown to match my natural color so it is not SO embarassing to grow out ;)

FYI, I used the processing lotion. Didn't seem to make a huge difference in the color, but whatevs :shrug: I am happy.

I would definitely recommend ColorFix, there was no damage to my hair, in fact it almost felt healthier

Awesome! You should write an official review of it for us. And I love the red-red-red color you have after a few applications, the henna look is really pretty with your skin color.

ademtce
July 10th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Mmm that makes sense, glad I used it. I may have ended up with blonde ends and dark roots LOL! Well maybe not that extreme :)

That's a weird process though, I wonder, where does the color go if the molecules are being almost pushed out of the follicle? Probably a stupid question, but I still can't get that image out of my head

they simply wash away, just like when bleaching or using high lift colors if you pay attention closely. the pigment in the bleach or color usually they start are off very pale white or yellow. when its time to rinse they become darker a bit gray.