PDA

View Full Version : Fast food kitchen turning hair into a grease ball!

Charlotte:)
July 9th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I currently work at a fast food restaurant, and the extreme greasiness in the air is turning me into a grease ball. I don't want to have to wash my hair every day after work, because that dries my hair out(I like to wash it once a week). Does anybody know what I could do to prevent my hair from getting so greasy?
P.S. I'm talking about my actual length of hair as well as my scalp. I used to just CO the length followed by a vinegar rinse, but now it's starting to look gross and I don't want to shampoo it :(

countryhopper
July 9th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Is there any way you could wrap it in a scarf or something? or maybe a buff?

Dragon
July 9th, 2010, 11:33 PM
maybe a hair net.

RachelRain
July 9th, 2010, 11:34 PM
my best friend worked at mcdonalds in high school, and her hair was about mid back. her solution was to wrap her hair up like she was going to put it in a bun, and then just sticking it under her hat. it looked a little silly, because you could see where the twisted hair was, but it worked.

is yours short enough to do that?

freezerpop
July 10th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I worked at McDonald's for a while, and I would put my hair in looped ponytail and tie a large bandanna/scarf over my whole head, then put my hat over the top, with my covered loop-pony sticking out through the hole in the back. I looked slightly like a gangster, but it worked nicely for keeping my hair clean (and out of the food!.) ;)

shilpa733
July 10th, 2010, 08:29 AM
you can wear a scarf. that would be really helpfull

purplebubba
July 10th, 2010, 11:34 AM
This is only a guess

But perhaps doing something similar to the advice for going in a chlorine pool would work? Which is to put something in your hair that you want in it such as a leave in and then that can take up the space that the grease would be getting into. Plus it might be easier to rinse off later on if the grease did coat the outside.

Just guessing.