PDA

View Full Version : Help with Figure Eight Bun

atlantaz3
July 9th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I'm getting half way decent at this. I wore one to work this morning, but after pulling out about 20 pins before my work out I went back to a regular bun. My question is what do you do with the tail bit that doesn't get twisted? It doesn't want to tuck under or pin under and I end up with a fluff of hair out one side. At this point I can only do side ways not vertical.:confused:

Bluegrass Babe
July 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Have you looked at the Hairstyle of the Month board? Last month was figure 8's. They may have some advice for you.

My avatar - though not technically a figure 8 - looks very similar. I was trying to do the Ficcare casual bun but my coil flopped down and I kept it.

I highly recommend Goody Spin Pins. My bottom loop has 2. The hair clip you see only holds only the tail and does not support any weight.

I am still trying to get the tail secure when I do the cinnabun thing but I somehow keep getting hair from the flip-down loop caught in the pin and there goes my figure 8. I'm happy with the way I'm able to do it now, but will have to get the hang of it as my tail is becoming too long.