PDA

View Full Version : Cut my own layers! pictures

GoddesJourney
July 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I know, I promised myself I wouldn't ever have layers again. The thing is that if I wanted to get rid of all the damage, I would have to chop it all off just under my chin. Not interested. So I cut my own layers for the first time ever. I was so proud of myself all day. Honestly, it's a pain to bun or braid my hair now, but I can comb through it without it really catching. There is still some damage, but almost nothing. I've decided that growing out layers is better than growing out damage. It looks a little different in the pictures because my hair was really straight that day. I like the look after a bun or braids. Anyway, the overall condition of my hair looks amazing now that most of the bad stuff is gone. It makes my hair look like somebody else's.

Here's the V shape I put back in last month.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3128&pictureid=76363

Here's my new layering job.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3128&pictureid=76364

From the front. It's messy in this picture, so it doesn't look right.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3128&pictureid=76365

turtlelover
July 9th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Looks good! :-)

vanity_acefake
July 9th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Wow. You did a great job. :)

little_acorn
July 9th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Looks awesome :thumbsup:

spidermom
July 9th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Well done, but I'd call that more a U shape than a V. How did you cut the layers?

MissManda
July 9th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Your hair looks great! I am also curious as to how you cut your layers. :)

GoddesJourney
July 9th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Thanks! I love LHCers.

Well done, but I'd call that more a U shape than a V. How did you cut the layers?

That's because it's not wet in these pictures. It scrunches up on the ends, especially the longer stuff, pulling the *point* up out of my V.

Funny you ask, I just posted directions (http://howtobeawesomeforfree.blogspot.com/2010/07/layering-your-own-hair.html) for it on my dorky blog.

georgia_peach
July 9th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Beautiful hair with and without the layers. You did a great job by the way!:)

Dragon
July 9th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Your hair looks great and you have done a nice job on your layers. I wouldent be game to do my own layers. Even though it doesent look that hard by what I have seen on You Tube. Great job :)

Speckla
July 9th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Looks great. Will you do my next cut? :)

UltraBella
July 9th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I love layers, you did a great job !

HeatherMae
July 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Amazing job!! Good for you!

linda g
July 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I love the title of your blog! :D

GoddesJourney
July 10th, 2010, 12:25 AM
I love the title of your blog! :D

Thanks, it just dawned on me. I guess it suits my personality and sense of humor.

christine1989
July 10th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Wow! It looks professional! :)

Loreley
July 10th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Well done! Your hair looks great! :)

TrudieCat
July 10th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Looks great, thanks for the link! :)

tinti
July 10th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Congrats! Yeah, layers is a pain to bun, and I can't even do a english braid without having all the layers falling out :p But they'll grow out eventually :)

Gypsygirl
July 10th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I have layers, too, and love them. Yours look great, you did a wonderful job! I have to tell you, though- you are brave!!!

Gabriel
July 10th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Very nice layers and your blog explains how you cut it very well! I'm almost of thinking of trying this...

GoddesJourney
July 10th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks everybody. I hope all you layer lovers can save yourself some money in the future.

Sammich
July 10th, 2010, 11:20 AM
What a beautiful result, I also loved the V cut you did! How talented are you? :flower:
I feel the itch to trim my hair again... hmmm... :)

yellowchariot
July 10th, 2010, 12:10 PM
THOU HAST SINNED!!! Repent!! Repent I say!!

Nay J/K, GoddesJourney

You did an excellent job. I do well with a gas grill though! Your hair has such awesome full thick texture. I had layers put in my hair over a year ago, I probably won't do it again, too much trouble to work with. Those layers look great, and blend in well.

BTW: I checked out your website on how to be Awesome For Free. . . and. . . It didn't work for me, I want my money back!

growing2shine
July 10th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Very beautiful. A couple of years ago I tried to make some layers in my own hair, but it just didn't work. I ended up going to the salon and cutting of about 8" to even it up. Oh well anyways, great job :)

GoddesJourney
July 10th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I hope I've helped, Sammich. I know you love to play with your hair.
THOU HAST SINNED!!! Repent!! Repent I say!!

Nay J/K, GoddesJourney

You did an excellent job. I do well with a gas grill though! Your hair has such awesome full thick texture. I had layers put in my hair over a year ago, I probably won't do it again, too much trouble to work with. Those layers look great, and blend in well.

BTW: I checked out your website on how to be Awesome For Free. . . and. . . It didn't work for me, I want my money back!

I don't know, the cheeseburger incident was pretty awesome...

My hair looks thick and full because I only layered the top half of my hair. It's an optical illusion. Unless you have ridiculously thick hair, layering the whole thing usually leaves you with that sad little stringy layer on the bottom. That was my least favorite one.

Sunsailing
July 10th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Gorgeous!
Outstanding job (but any cut probably looks good on your healthy hair ;) )