PDA

View Full Version : the day has finally come...

ademtce
July 9th, 2010, 12:20 PM
i have now grown out all of my henna, and any old color!
im so happy to get rid of that horrid henna.

today is a good day

Loreley
July 9th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Congratulations! :joy:

xoxophelia
July 9th, 2010, 12:59 PM
WOW that is a massive hair accomplishment. I am so far from there myself :)

Dragon
July 9th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Congratulations and happy growing :)

ademtce
July 9th, 2010, 01:06 PM
thanks everyone!

BlackVulture
July 9th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Congrats! It's a PITA to grow out color. I'm glad to hear you've succeeded!

iris
July 9th, 2010, 02:08 PM
I know how that feels :agree:. Congratulations!! :disco: :cheer:

Othala
July 9th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Well done! I was in your shoes in October 2008 and boy it felt great to get rid of that henna-ruined hair.

spidermom
July 9th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Well hooray for you! I know what that's like because henna was horrid for me, too.

jera
July 9th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Congrats on your happy day. :cheese:

ancilla
July 9th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Congratulations!!! :cheese:

Fethenwen
July 9th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Congrats! It must take a lot to have the patience for such a thing. Why was henna a disaster for your hair?

melikai
July 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
That must feel great! I can't wait to be able to say the same. Pictures?

ademtce
July 9th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Congrats! It must take a lot to have the patience for such a thing. Why was henna a disaster for your hair?

i was very very naive and for some reason thought it would be give luscious red hair, my hair is just too dark for henna without pre-lightening. on top of that my addiction to changing my color every couple of months.

pictures soon!

sugarpixie10988
July 9th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Wow, congrats! That's great :D.

UltraBella
July 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Yay for you :) Congrats !
I have thought about doing henna so many times, but I am just too scared !!

dropinthebucket
July 9th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Just started growing my henna out in march - great to hear from people who've made it! :D

kwaniesiam
July 9th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Congratulations! It's a great feeling to be happy with your color. (I type this with henna on my head for the first time in quite a while!)

Altocumulus
July 9th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Congrats! I got a big trim (like 4-5") today, and only have an inch or two left of henna! The end (no pun intended) is in sight!

linda g
July 9th, 2010, 07:03 PM
congrats :)

ademtce
July 10th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Congrats! I got a big trim (like 4-5") today, and only have an inch or two left of henna! The end (no pun intended) is in sight!

awesome, it is so rewarding to know you have the patience to grow it all out.
keep going, soon you'll be at the end .

thanks everyone!

princessp
July 10th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Congratulations! I'm also curious what you didn't like about the henna?

deko
July 10th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Congratulations!

I'm a hennahead, but I totally understand the joy of having your hair just the color you like.

Shermie Girl
July 10th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Henna isn't horrid.

I chose to get rid of it myself but not because it is "horrid". It just wasn't right for me.

ademtce
July 10th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Congratulations! I'm also curious what you didn't like about the henna?

extreme permanence & my own naivety about how it would come out. also tended to make hair a little grabby & more prone to spilt ends.

my apologies to anyone if you're offended by me calling henna "horrid" its just not for me.

ooo
July 10th, 2010, 04:41 PM
congratulations! I can imagine how good it feels :)

Fog
July 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I'm blonde and have recently hennaed hair. I'm not thinking of growing it out, but looking at my roots I can see it would be a horrid few years. I envision a horizontal split between tomato red and gold. That might be suitable for the Griffindor section at a Quidditch game, but I can't see walking around with that on my head. I'd probably end up bleaching the whole thing to get it to blend with my natural color, or something equally cruel.

Shermie Girl
July 11th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I'm blonde and have recently hennaed hair. I'm not thinking of growing it out, but looking at my roots I can see it would be a horrid few years. I envision a horizontal split between tomato red and gold. That might be suitable for the Griffindor section at a Quidditch game, but I can't see walking around with that on my head. I'd probably end up bleaching the whole thing to get it to blend with my natural color, or something equally cruel.

If you have done henna enough for it to be permanent, bleach plus henna results in disaster. Bleach will, in most instances destroy the hair before the henna is all gone. (I know this for a fact, from extensive strand testing.) If you are careful, you can fade henna a good bit, then try to tone out the worst of the orange/red tones but until it is cut away, henna will remain, in one way or the other.

Good luck. :D

Fog
July 11th, 2010, 06:08 PM
If you have done henna enough for it to be permanent, bleach plus henna results in disaster. Bleach will, in most instances destroy the hair before the henna is all gone. (I know this for a fact, from extensive strand testing.) If you are careful, you can fade henna a good bit, then try to tone out the worst of the orange/red tones but until it is cut away, henna will remain, in one way or the other.

Good luck. :D

Then I guess I'll stick to going darker or chopping, if I ever get bored! Thanks for the advice.