PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I'd share a nice experience...

anthonyswife
July 7th, 2010, 12:09 AM
I've recently done a few different things to my hair- trimmed off one inch to even my formerly layered ends (and they look so much better!) and am trying a new leave-in called Curl Confidence by Ouidad. I knew the trim looked good but I've been really on the fence about the new products.

Today though, my husband and I were at Target and a lady walked past us in the aisle, turned, and said "What beautiful curls you have!" It made me happy, I never get compliments on my hair from strangers. My husband then said the new products must be working lol. :)

So that's my story. Has anyone else had hair compliments recently?

vanity_acefake
July 7th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Aw thats lovely. Its always good to get a compliment. And yes i have had some lovely compliments recently from some of the lovely people who are on lhc. But not from anyone else!

Tangerine
July 7th, 2010, 07:28 AM
It is lovely to get a nice compliment out of the blue just like that!

Are you happy with the feel of the new product, and how you are using it? If you are positive about that, and are receiving happy compliments, then you must have found the right product for you :)

spidermom
July 7th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Very nice; who doesn't love getting a compliment? I got one on the 4th at a party when I had to let my bun down (it was sagging and pulling).

Deborah
July 7th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Good for you! Compliments from strangers are especially nice, aren't they? The person has nothing to gain by their kind and nice words, so I figure they are probably the truth.

Jenn of Pence
July 7th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Actually, I've recently started looking for strangers whom I can compliment on their hair...haven't had the opportunity yet! If I see any of y'all in Target, I will come dote on you ;)

tinti
July 7th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Aw, that's so nice :D My auntie said my hair has never looked as nice as now :D

Rosebud_Roboda
July 7th, 2010, 06:06 PM
:) I'm glad you found something that works for you!

A few weeks ago I was shopping in the Salvation Army (found some excellent bargain too!) and a lady working in the back came out and exclaimed over my hair. She then proceeded to call another lady out from the back to come over and "see this girl's amazing hair".

It made me giggle. =]

May
July 7th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Yay for random stranger compliments! I was told that my hair was the "perfect colour" while snowboarding in B.C. by a girl in the lodge. It made me smile. I usually get more compliments on my eyes because they are so green. I must get told once a month that my eyes are cool, pretty or something like that. :cool:

JenniferNoel
July 7th, 2010, 06:17 PM
How lovely! I very rarely get compliments on anything other than the length (I'm barely MBL), but it always brightens one's day when it does happen.

Dragon
July 7th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I've only had a compliment from some one I no recently. They said my ends are looking a lot better. Glad you have found something that works:)

Xi
July 7th, 2010, 07:07 PM
How lovely -- congratulations :)

Chamomile betty
July 7th, 2010, 07:27 PM
What a nice comment.