PDA

View Full Version : One month cone free... wow!

rosyaddie
July 6th, 2010, 07:20 PM
So a month ago, I got my cone-free shampoo to go with my conditioner. Once a week I have been washing and conditioning with Giovanni TTTT and conditioning with Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture. Today, I feel as if I reaped my reward. My hair is shiny, but with a natural shine-not the wide band of shine that looks dull and plasticky. It is silky and smooth, and no split ends in sight! It manages all this without being flat, and if I go to bed with it wet I can wake up with my normally straight hair in tousled waves and curls. :cheese: I am so happy!
PS: I started at a pixie... now I have layers past my chin!

redneckprincess
July 6th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Congrats on the growth, glad you found a routine that's working for you

Dragon
July 6th, 2010, 07:32 PM
So glad you have found what works for your hair.

MissManda
July 6th, 2010, 07:35 PM
That is wonderful that you have found something that works well for you. Congratulations!

Lavina
July 6th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Congradulations ! :flowers: I am glad this is working for you.

oceanwoman111
July 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM
That's awesome!! I've had similar results going cone free. :thumbsup:

freckles
July 7th, 2010, 06:14 AM
congratulations on your shiny hair :D

MandaMom2Three
July 7th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I know EXACTLY what you mean! Now if I use any cones at all, even a single cone in a shampoo or something, my hair is limp and flat!

Dani
July 7th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I know EXACTLY what you mean! Now if I use any cones at all, even a single cone in a shampoo or something, my hair is limp and flat!

I know, me too. When I used to use something with cones I was amazed at how thin-and flat-feeling my hair was, when it's normally thick and Big (mostly 'cause my hair's SL ;) Length weighs it down a lot).

I'm happy you found things that work great for you, rosyaddie. :D Keep on growing! Don't make my mistake and take over three years to get from pixie to SL. :p I have always loved cutting my hair so much (it's just so fun :D) that it totally sabotaged any effort I made to get long hair again (obviously I wasn't putting in much effort, heh). But now I am seriously on my way, and so are you. :D

People always complain about the growing out stages to long hair, but I'm really enjoying the whole slow process. Hair actually grows pretty darn fast, and it's fun to figure out what works best for your hair, and find cool ways to put it up and back. A little dusting every few months (if hair is damaged like mine, or you just feel like it needs it), and that's really all there is to it. As long as we don't go overboard damaging it permanently, or cutting more than is necessary, and get on with life and do fun things that we love, then long hair will be on our heads before we know it. :D And I shall finally have the crazy long, thick twin braids I've always wanted and I shall rule all. :cool: :p :D

Loreley
July 7th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Congrats on the growth! :) I've used cones only once in the last 9 months (3 days ago I used my sister's coney conditioner). My hair feels much better without cones. I don't miss them at all. :D

rosyaddie
July 7th, 2010, 08:24 AM
It's funny- I use my old coney shampoo and conditioner on my Cavalier's ears, because they're so long it helps with the tangles.