PDA

View Full Version : I just realized how much of a creeper I am

triumphator!
July 6th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Ever since joining LHC and learning about Fia's Hairtyping System, I have picked up a bad habit. I often find myself staring at women and men around town and mentally trying to figure out what their classifiers would be. On a few occasions, the person in question has given me a disturbed look.

I just can't help it! Does anyone else do this?

tcheney91
July 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM
All the time! I just can't help it... I even did it in class today! I was sitting behind a girl with GORGEOUS 1a/M/iii black hair. Drool...

ibleedlipstick
July 6th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Yep. My boyfriend has to wonder about my sexuality, because I'm constantly like "OH that girl has the most beautiful hair" and just... discretely staring. Yes, I'm a creeper.

Barniie
July 6th, 2010, 06:29 PM
HAHAHA I do that on the T.V. - its the perfect solution - they cant see you staring! ;)

MissManda
July 6th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I also do this. I try very hard not to stare, but I really like to hairtype people when I'm in town or riding the bus.

PiroskaCicu
July 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I LOVE doing this! :-D It is soo fun to hairtype people, and to try to describe their colour as well. =) It's so funny .

My boyfriend has caught me doing it too ;P

JenniferNoel
July 6th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Every day, I do it to kill time. I wear huge glasses and nobody ever knows I'm staring at them, never had issues with that. Well that just makes it creepier. :D

redneckprincess
July 6th, 2010, 06:56 PM
I find myself analizing everyones hair too, but I always have...just now I understand "healthy hair" a little better, lol

JenniferNoel
July 6th, 2010, 07:06 PM
redneckprincess, I'm in the same boat; back in "the day" before LHC I was still on hair patrol. It's always been the first or second thing I notice on people out on the streets, and I used to have this awful urge to snip off people's split ends when I was around 12. :twisted:

HintOfMint
July 6th, 2010, 07:12 PM
One of my friends had a little hair debacle over a year ago (she's a supercurly, a 3C at least) when the hairdresser cut her hair too short. She relaxed it and has been straightening it with a flat iron ever since as it grows out. The last time I saw her, I kept staring at her white dots and split ends, mentally doing an S&D on her.

Copasetic
July 6th, 2010, 07:25 PM
I do this all the time. I also find myself trying to figure out what kind of routine someone might have. If someone has curly hair, I always stare and wonder if they are CG or not.

redneckprincess
July 6th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I met a girl a couple weeks ago who had beautiful 3c spirals and told her I didn't want her to think I was creapy or anything but I really liked her hair..she thought it was cool..I did wonder her hair routine

MissManda
July 6th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Hee hee... This is why I need a new pair of sunglasses. No one will suspect being stared at by the young blind woman (I have a white cane that I carry into public to inform the public about my visual impairment, but I don't actually need it to get around) with the cane and sunglasses staring at them.

What I have been trying to observe lately is hair texture (whether someone is F, M, or C). I have been feeling very lost as to what my hair type is and I am trying to understand the difference between F and M because I've met people who have the same strand type as me but have been labeled as M while I get labeled as F (I don't get it).

I also love describing hair colors and seeing what healthy and unhealthy hair look like. It is very interesting.

Islandgrrl
July 6th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I can honestly say I've never done that. I'm still on the fence about my own hairtype and not entirely sure why I'm supposed to care about it in the first place!

trolleypup
July 6th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Once you get used to the hairtyping system, you can usually do it at a glance. Then you can continue to stare at the hair!

Loreley
July 7th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I usually watch the condition and the length of their hair. :p But sometimes when I see someone with curly or very sraight hair I start thinking about what their hair types are. :D

Charlotte:)
July 7th, 2010, 02:11 AM
On a few occasions, the person in question has given me a disturbed look.

Make a funny face, and walk away.

pepperminttea
July 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM
One of my friends had a little hair debacle over a year ago (she's a supercurly, a 3C at least) when the hairdresser cut her hair too short. She relaxed it and has been straightening it with a flat iron ever since as it grows out. The last time I saw her, I kept staring at her white dots and split ends, mentally doing an S&D on her.

I do this too! I saw a concert last year, and the seats were really close together, so whenever the band weren't playing, I'd count the split ends on the woman in front of me. She had a very straightened, very bleached chin-length bob. I think I got to over 100 before the concert finished. :o

Kome
July 7th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Y'all are wierd.

No, no. I'm just kidding. I don't do this, but this thread sure is funny. :D

Carolyn
July 7th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I've always observed hair but now that I've been at LHC forever, I really look at it. I mentally hair type people and I also try to estimate thickness. If I get caught staring I pretend I'm staring off into space.

jackiesjottings
July 7th, 2010, 07:35 AM
I don't type people, but I always notice fellow long hairs and fellow redheads, and anyone with wow factor hair of any sort :)