PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

jane01
July 6th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I want to get my hair super thick, what should I do?

xoxophelia
July 6th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Well the best thing you can do is stop doing anything that will damage it as well as doing small regular trims to keep the hemline thick.

Anje
July 6th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Experiment with different washing methods, oiling, scalp massages, etc. Some things may make you shed more, others will cause less shedding. If you minimize how much hair you shed and encourage growth with massage, you should get about as much thickness as your genetics will allow. Some people also get benefits from vitamins, smearing Monistat on their heads, minoxidil for serious thinning (well, it helped DH), but YMMV.

Don't be surprised or disappointed if you can't get a ginormous 5" diameter ponytail. Not everyone has the genes for it, or a scalp that's willing to support that kind of weight.

Loreley
July 6th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I think it depends on the genes. :( But you can try hair vitamins which reduce shedding.

triumphator!
July 6th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Try vitamins and oiling!

Dragon
July 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Think it depends on the genes. The best thing you can do is stop doing anything that will damage.

Cleopatra18
July 6th, 2010, 03:25 PM
castor oil is said to help with thickness,but i also think your best bet is to minimise the shedding as much as you can,and your hair will thicken over time.