PDA

View Full Version : Albums lost?

Juliet's Silk
July 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Okay so I'm a bit confused about this one, maybe someone can clear it up :)
I've had I think two? private albums around here since the day the new forums started.
Now a couple of days ago I noticed that I am without albums suddenly, because I wanted to show someone a couple of the pictures in there - but it showed that I had no albums at all. Obviously, I don't check my albums very often - in fact, never before that - so I really don't know how long they've been gone.
I'm quite at a loss, how can this happen? Did I mysteriously delete them myself and cannot remember? :confused:
Or can someone make them magically appear again?

Help :(

Flaxen
July 6th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Oh no! :(

There haven't been any other reports of whole albums disappearing, and since members can do it themselves, there's no reason for the moderators to do it. Well, we did it once when someone was banned and they asked us to delete their pictures.

The bad news is, as far as I know, if the albums are gone, they're gone. :(

Juliet's Silk
July 7th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks Flaxen for explaining :flower:

So it is not likely that my albums got lost in the void somehow due to some software bug or something?
Can someone find out when they were deleted?
:scratches head:
Not that it matters much, but it makes me kinda uneasy that they are gone - because if it's no software hiccup of the forums, either I deleted them and lost every recollection of it (which wouldn't be such a good sign for my mental health I guess) or someone has access to my account and did it without me knowing (why should someone do that, though?). :?
:confused:

Flaxen
July 10th, 2010, 08:35 PM
So it is not likely that my albums got lost in the void somehow due to some software bug or something?
It's possible, I guess, but I can't understand why it would only happen to one person. Usually bugs affect at least a couple of people, and nobody else has reported anything like this. :undecided

Can someone find out when they were deleted?
I don't think so, but that's a question for Dianyla who has access to the database. She's still very busy with real life stuff, so can you hold on to that question? :flower:

Not that it matters much, but it makes me kinda uneasy that they are gone - because if it's no software hiccup of the forums, either I deleted them and lost every recollection of it (which wouldn't be such a good sign for my mental health I guess)
If that's what did happen, I wouldn't worry excessively about it. It's perfectly normal to forget things every once in a while.