PDA

View Full Version : What is your goal length "seen from the front?"

chopandchange
July 5th, 2010, 03:26 PM
For those of you who measure your goal lengths by body parts, (not by measuring):

Do any of you also have a length goal for when your hair is pulled over your shoulders to the front?

I was just thinking it's funny how we always take photos of our hair from the back, and our length goals always seem to be associated with our hair when it's hanging down our back. I can see the reasons for this:

1. Taking hair pictures from the back conserves our annonymity, since our faces aren't seen.
2. It's a more accurate way to judge length, since when hair is pulled over the shoulders instead, you lose some length, whereas if you let it hang straight down your back, it's the true length.
3. Our hair hanging down our back is the way others most often see our hair.

But I was just thinking: that's not the way that I normally see my hair, except in photos. When looking in the mirror, I normally pull my hair over my shoulders to play with it or detangle it, and whilst my "back" goal length is tailbone, my "front" goal length, I have now decided, is that I want my hair to touch my hipbones when I drape it over my shoulders. I think it would need to be longer than tailbone for it to do this.

Does anyone else have a "front" goal length? Any thoughts? :)

littleflowerr
July 5th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Yes :) i have this tattooo right on my hip and i was just thinking the other day how i want my hair to be long enough to nearly touch it :) So maybe a little under tailbone length.

Merlin
July 5th, 2010, 03:50 PM
A new first for LHC - the possiblity of a NSFW set of length conventions. ;-0

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2010, 03:53 PM
i suppose it would be touching my thighs in the front.. which would be classic in the back..

DiablitaNoir
July 5th, 2010, 03:57 PM
i suppose it would be touching my thighs in the front.. which would be classic in the back..

Ditto for me, since my ultimate goal is classic length. However, my short term goal, which I should reach by this year's end, is waist length.

MicheleClaire
July 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM
My hair in the front is a little shorter than my hair in the back (deeper U shape), so I suppose tailbone in the back and just around my hips in the front.

jlw9222
July 5th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I want my hair to reach my belly button...although I have been waivering about having it reach the top of my hip.

Medievalmaniac
July 5th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I agree with other people - since I am looking for TBL, I think probably hip from the front Right now, it's almost belly-button :)

Tonks
July 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I've always thought it was really sexy for a girl's hair to be long enough to cover her breasts, and since I'm not there yet, I'd make that my seen-from-the-front goal. :)

chopandchange
July 5th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I've always thought it was really sexy for a girl's hair to be long enough to cover her breasts, and since I'm not there yet, I'd make that my seen-from-the-front goal. :)

Mine does that now! (if I arrange it properly) :cheese:

I decided it would be even more beautiful, sensual, and alluring to be able to stand completely starkers and have one's modesty completely covered (i.e. breasts, rear end, and private parts) which would require at least Classic length, I suppose. But that's not really a "front" goal length, just an overall thing!

Gabriel
July 5th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I was thinking about this the other day! My "seen from the front" goal would have to be the "modesty length" too. I think it would be so cool. That's really long, about mid-thigh length for me.

I'm past belly button and hip length "seen from the front" already and "modesty length" is the next actual goal marker, I think (?).

chopandchange
July 5th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Ha ha! Modesty length! I like it!

Should we request a new abbreviation?

ML??!!

I suppose it's the same as Classic, really, so it would just end up making the poor newbies even more confused. Edit: oh, you said ML on you was mid-thigh, Gabriel. I wonder what it would be on me...

Right, I just may have to go off and edit my goal length stats to "ML"

Merlin did predict that this was going to happen. :D

May
July 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I'd want my hair midback which would just cover 'the girls' as Stacey London would say :p
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2571/pg13hairchartvi.jpg (http://img805.imageshack.us/i/pg13hairchartvi.jpg/)

So kind of like this... http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1652/6a00d8341d90b753ef00e54.jpg (http://img94.imageshack.us/i/6a00d8341d90b753ef00e54.jpg/)
Or this http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9919/drewbarrymore3.jpg (http://img291.imageshack.us/i/drewbarrymore3.jpg/)

triumphator!
July 5th, 2010, 05:08 PM
I want hair long enough to tuck into the front of my pants.

You know, if I'm cold.:p

Quezie
July 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I think I'd like it to reach my belly button. :) For now, anyways! haha

Quixii
July 5th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I decided it would be even more beautiful, sensual, and alluring to be able to stand completely starkers and have one's modesty completely covered (i.e. breasts, rear end, and private parts) which would require at least Classic length, I suppose. But that's not really a "front" goal length, just an overall thing!
Yeah. I was thinking I don't really have a "front goal length," but I've always wanted to be able to position my hair in such a way that you wouldn't see anything, um, inappropriate from the front.

HintOfMint
July 5th, 2010, 05:25 PM
My original front goal was "mermaid style," or "covering the boobies," length, but now that I have comfortably achieved that, I am aiming for top of my hips, which translates to tailbone length, overall. Looks like I need to change my goal in my stats.

Although I am tempted to change mine to "modesty length," particularly since one of my big reasons to grow out my hair is for the sensuality of long hair. Then I could wear a skin colored body suit and let my hair down on Halloween to be Botticelli's Birth of Venus. At least if I were daring enough.

*Aoife*
July 5th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Mine does that now! (if I arrange it properly) :cheese:

I love the idea of that, but I'd need a lot more hair than I have now to do it!

trolleypup
July 5th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I decided it would be even more beautiful, sensual, and alluring to be able to stand completely starkers and have one's modesty completely covered (i.e. breasts, rear end, and private parts) which would require at least Classic length, I suppose. But that's not really a "front" goal length, just an overall thing!I don't think ML is entirely a length measurement...also an opacity measurement. At midthigh (and terminal/fairytaled) I can cover the front OR the back, but not both. A blunt cut just past classic would cover similarly.

Of course, that is without wind or movement, from a fixed camera position. To be "modest" beyond that would require quite a bit more length and thickness!

julliams
July 5th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Covering my boobs so I can look like a mermaid.

OperaTeacherMom
July 5th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Right around belly button would be fabulous, I think that would be somewhere between waist and hip.

tinti
July 5th, 2010, 07:42 PM
My short term goal is that it covers my boobs, and next is belly button, so I guess hip lenght over all.

rosycoco
July 5th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Mermaid length for me too!
Shame it seems so far away. Growing my hair out is a good way for me to learn the virtues of patience however.

pepperminttea
July 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Me too! I remember that scene (was it in Zorro?) with Catherine Zeta Jones, and for some reason I can't remember she was shirtless, but her hair completely hid her breasts. It's one of the mental images I return to when I need to be reminded why I'm growing my hair.

Hotrox
July 5th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I am just dreaming about it actually touching my shoulders, but after that I want it to sit at the top of my boobs - so about APL I guess

Cailie
July 5th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I'd say belly-button as my ultimate front goal !

ArienEllariel
July 5th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I'm thinking I would like it to reach my hips in front. That would be nice. :)

rachelily
July 5th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Ohh I've always wanted to start a thread like this, for pictures of long hair from the front. I love the way it looks in front of shoulders, it is so beautiful! I want mine to hit right at the bottom of my bra (BSL in back) but more layered in the front.

We should do a thread that shows our lengths, from the front.

IcarusBride
July 5th, 2010, 08:48 PM
My hair is not only a little shorter in front, I think it's a LOT shorter in front. It's almost waist length strait behind me, but seems like APL when pulled over my shoulders! For this reason, although my goal length is classic or mid-thigh, if it touches my hip bones when pulled over my shoulders I'd be very happy. Talking about it like this makes my ultimate goal seem veeeeery far away!

trolleypup
July 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM
My hair is not only a little shorter in front, I think it's a LOT shorter in front. It's almost waist length strait behind me, but seems like APL when pulled over my shoulders! For this reason, although my goal length is classic or mid-thigh, if it touches my hip bones when pulled over my shoulders I'd be very happy. Talking about it like this makes my ultimate goal seem veeeeery far away!
Just be patient...as it gets longer, the difference between the front and back measurements gets less and less. As in...I am mid-thigh in both front and back!

Jenn of Pence
July 5th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Well, I was going to say what was defined here as "mermaid length," and then I realized I'm sort of already there :p I think "modesty length," including a thick hemline, would be neat, like Lady Godiva! But I think my goal for now would be hips in the front (something like waist/hip in the back). However, once I get there I might seriously consider going further.

birthmarkie
July 5th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I would like to get to the top of hip in the front and to tailbone in the back. Hopefully it will work out that way.

Flossy
July 5th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I'd like to be touching my belly button in front. That can be my second goal, after waist.

NorthernDancer
July 5th, 2010, 10:22 PM
My goal is waist or near-waist in the front. I'm currently just barely at waist in the back, but only a bit longer then BSL in the front, which is so disappointing.

I think I'll need to be hip/tailbone in the back to get to my front goal. Wow, that seems like a long way away!

bubblyredhead
July 5th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Mermaid length would be my front goal, however, have huge boobs so this will take a while...

PineappleJello
July 6th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Me too! I remember that scene (was it in Zorro?) with Catherine Zeta Jones, and for some reason I can't remember she was shirtless, but her hair completely hid her breasts. It's one of the mental images I return to when I need to be reminded why I'm growing my hair.

Zorro and her got into a sword fight and he cut her dress off, I believe. It's also the image I refer to for inspiration.

Just be patient...as it gets longer, the difference between the front and back measurements gets less and less. As in...I am mid-thigh in both front and back!

Size of chests don't eat up length in the front? or once it hits classic there's lumps eating up the length evenly?

Chibbylick
July 6th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Koots check Troppeypup's profile... :D

aksown
July 6th, 2010, 12:18 AM
I'd say middle of hip is equal to classic length on me. I'm quite large in the mammary department so it would require A LOT more thickness to be "modest". Instead, I measure as my hair hangs down on the outside of the girls. That way it's not so long till my goal. :o

teela1978
July 6th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I think belly button length in the front would be enough for me. Couple more inches.

Dragon
July 6th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Terminal for both front and back.

Dars
July 6th, 2010, 12:49 AM
My goal length IS on the front side from day one because I don't wear my hair back so other people see my hair on the front side of me as well. It'd be BSL on the front but BSL+ regular LHC style.

MrsGuther
July 6th, 2010, 01:45 AM
My goal length when seen from the front is about two inches above my belly button. WOWza... this thread just made me reconsider my ultimate goal. I think that may just be waist length on my. My hair is down and pulled to the front and it is about 3 to 4 inches from my "seen from the front" goal. YAY!!! I told my husband I was considering getting a trim and he was like "No!!! Please don't cut your hair hunny!" It made me happy to know that he likes my hair. :)

Masara
July 6th, 2010, 02:13 AM
I'm aiming for tailbone at the back at the moment and I think that will about hip bone length at the front. My hair's in a unintentional U at the moment, so the front is shorter anyway.

What I would like is tailbone all round (yes, I know that I don't have a tailbone at the front, but that would be a bit lower than hip bone - sort of the opposite of modesty length) By the time my hair gets to tailbone it will have to cope with as much (if not more) protuberence at the back than at the front, so things should even up.

Merlin
July 6th, 2010, 02:14 AM
..... to be able to stand completely starkers ....

Chopandchange, abandoned at birth and raised by the Carry-On team

chopandchange
July 6th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Chopandchange, abandoned at birth and raised by the Carry-On team

Hey! Cheeky man! Take that back!

I notice you've slyly deleted the rest of my quote and made it sound like my ambition in life is to run around naked, with no mention of my hair covering me up...:p

naereid
July 6th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Mermaid length for me too! That was actually the reason I started growing my hair out in the first place. I want it to completely cover my breasts. :cloud9:

Sammich
July 6th, 2010, 06:21 AM
My final goal length seen from the front... Oooh. Mid thigh, if not... a little below hip. I'll love that so much! :heart: Hair spilling out onto my lap... :D

Purdy Bear
July 6th, 2010, 06:31 AM
My goal length is to have my hair over my ample chest and to reach my waist, thats tailbone length I think!

Merlin
July 6th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Sorry, clearly I won't edit this quote to say:

....my ambition in life is to run around naked ...:p

Now, where's that 'running, ducking and hiding' smilie?

JenniferNoel
July 6th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Waist when viewed from the front at least. I have medium-sized breasts and I bet it'll take about hip length from the back.

jackiesjottings
July 6th, 2010, 06:58 AM
I would like mine to be top of the thighs at the front (classic at the back) :)

windinherhair
July 6th, 2010, 06:59 AM
It would be about the length down to touch my hands when my arms are relaxed.

Alcenaia
July 6th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I decided it would be even more beautiful, sensual, and alluring to be able to stand completely starkers and have one's modesty completely covered (i.e. breasts, rear end, and private parts)...

This is one of the things that motivated me before I found LHC. Now my hair is long enough for this, but...

I don't think ML is entirely a length measurement...also an opacity measurement. At midthigh (and terminal/fairytaled) I can cover the front OR the back, but not both. A blunt cut just past classic would cover similarly.

I'm going to keep growing for this reason as well! :p

My overall goal is floor, but that's floor from the back. Whatever it is in the front will be fine. :D

Fun thread! :cheese:

In2wishin
July 6th, 2010, 07:17 AM
My front goal length has always been long enough to cover the boobies. Unfortunately as I have gotten older the boobies keep moving south so the goal keeps getting further away :eyebrows:

RachelRain
July 6th, 2010, 07:28 AM
mine already gets caught in my jeans zippers if I'm not careful (found that out the other day...) so I'm going to say mid thigh in the front? I think that's about right with the angle changed and all. :)

rockkcor
July 6th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I guess terminal is terminal no matter the side - front or back ;)

hippiechick1976
July 6th, 2010, 07:33 AM
I want my hair to be lingerie..meaning i can cover all my bits on both sides.

Henrietta
July 6th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Midthigh I think. Knee from the back.

trolleypup
July 6th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Size of chests don't eat up length in the front? or once it hits classic there's lumps eating up the length evenly?
Err. No? Although to tell the truth, the women in my family wouldn't loose much length in the front either.

Koots, check Trolleypup's profile... :D
I had to think for a moment that I have a front picture there!

I notice you've slyly deleted the rest of my quote and made it sound like my ambition in life is to run around naked, with no mention of my hair covering me up...:p
Heh...that would be me...at least part of the time...and I did check pictures to verify the coverage length. Starkers...not one of the words I grew up with, but I'll adopt it...*runs around at the hot springs starkers*

Now, where's that 'running, ducking and hiding' smilie?
I'm pretty sure there isn't a "GDR(VVF)" smilie. Purple zoom is the closest.

I guess terminal is terminal no matter the side - front or back ;)
Yup. At least in a length that goes on for 6 inches on me.

Gabriel
July 30th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I thought this thread was fun and figured others might have thought so too so "bump". :)

oceanwoman111
July 30th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Great thread as always Chopandchange!! I would have to say the very top of the thigh, at the crease that bends when you sit. lol!!! I don't know what to call that area....... maybe above the bikini. :)

ETJ CURLS
January 8th, 2024, 07:31 PM
Since I've just about achieved mermaid hair (stretched), I would love to have it reach my belly button next. :D

Chasemi
January 8th, 2024, 07:55 PM
I've also just about reached mermaid length! I'd love to get to hip in the back, which I think would be about waist in the front?

Für immer
January 9th, 2024, 07:07 AM
I've never considered that! But, :hmm:, I suppose since it's already past my breasts, I would like it at atleast classic length. After that, I don't know.

sarana
January 9th, 2024, 08:04 AM
I think hip crease length in the front would probably be nice. I think that translates to maybe classic or FTL in the back.

I have reached navel length :) The longest wispies are already an inch beyond navel. It's a pretty nice milestone, because you can very easily and clearly follow your progress with the navel as a marker.

cookies
January 9th, 2024, 08:33 AM
Length tracking from the front is just so sad for me lol, it feels like it’s not moving at all most of the time…
But what I’d love is a side braid with the elastic at mermaid length (I assume it would be navel length unbraided). Oddly specific, I know, but that’s how I’m feeling it :D
Given that it’s now at APL, I’ve got a looong way to go.

Diana Prince
January 9th, 2024, 09:34 AM
At least bellybutton length.

GrazierGirl
January 9th, 2024, 11:42 AM
My girls are heading South too. Hair is APL and is just now visible by me in front. I wonder if my girls sink faster than my hair grows? Anyway I am shooting for waist length hair in front. I also wonder if growth rate slows as you grow your hair out (I over 60).

Simone_Fatale
January 10th, 2024, 03:44 AM
My goal length from the front is somewhere below my breasts and above/close to my waist. Got my breasts done a year ago and they sit quite high still so I might be there sooner than I expect. The 60/70cm wigs I tried on are about that length, so I'm slowly getting close. I might try to get longer from there but first I'll stay at that length and trim all the processed hair until there's only virgin hair left, then probably let it grow to waist or a bit longer. As long as it's manageable and doesn't give me trouble during everyday life :)

Priska
January 10th, 2024, 09:19 PM
Hip length.

axs6404
January 18th, 2024, 09:58 AM
My goal is bsl at the moment.

ArtOfNoot
January 18th, 2024, 12:19 PM
I felt like I was in a stall FOREVER because my hair looked so much shorter in the front (big chest) and once I passed mermaid length, I felt like my hair was growing at the speed of light :p . I'd like my hair to hit TBL from the front which sounds like an oxymoron

Hairy-Fairy
January 18th, 2024, 02:31 PM
I'm answering this based off of the natural layers I have in the front and what length I want those to be. I want them to at least reach the top of my thighs when pulled straight and to the bottom of my ribs when I wear it out, stretched. Which should happen when my back layers are classic when pulled straight and waist/hip when worn out, stretched. But that's just the bare minimum, when I'll feel like my hair is suitably long. I'll gladly take any length that comes after that. Haha

Katarina981
January 22nd, 2024, 12:26 PM
My goal length is to see my hair reach midback/ the bottom of my ribcage.

WednesdayAddams
January 22nd, 2024, 03:13 PM
BSL (as seen from front if that makes sense).

rosenester
January 22nd, 2024, 05:59 PM
Mine has always been ‘mermaid length’ aka cover my b**bs. Been there for a while, and it’s not quite enough.

I think when it’s WL from the front it would be awesome, but not sure what length that would need to be from the back (probably BCL:toofers:)

Shug
January 22nd, 2024, 06:23 PM
I’ve lowkey been wanting to go to a nudist resort now that I have full coverage in the front and back, who needs clothes when you have a nature’s veil?

sarana
January 22nd, 2024, 07:10 PM
I'd like my hair to hit TBL from the front which sounds like an oxymoron

So you'll be pulling your hair from the front between your legs to your butt ;)

Wingspan
January 23rd, 2024, 04:59 AM
Ah, I like the modesty length! I remember wanting my hair covering my breasts from the front, which it more than does now of course since it is just top of hip bone from the back :) It is not quite at belly button in the front, I guess this also has to do with one's bust size. I was thinking of classic, but looking from the front I'd need a little bit more to achieve modesty length :D
But I'm not sure, longer than Classic just seems so long.. I'm not sure if I'll like it. But we will see. I kind of want at least a hip length braid, so I don't know how long my hair needs to be for that..

If below Classic is too much, then to the hip bones from the front too would be a cool length. I think that would something like tailbone from the back..

ArtOfNoot
January 24th, 2024, 03:19 PM
So you'll be pulling your hair from the front between your legs to your butt ;)

:misskim: I'd call it the hair thong

Andalusite
February 8th, 2024, 03:08 AM
So I have more subtle dreams since my hair is not very long right now. I guess my first goal for the front look is to at least looking long! Right now it's seen like a short hair. After that, my ultimate goal could be tailbone or so from front.

Bat
February 8th, 2024, 03:54 AM
Classic atleast from the front

floridaorchid
February 8th, 2024, 06:32 PM
I agree with Bat, at least classic.

luxurioushair
February 12th, 2024, 03:27 PM
To see my face without clipping anything back.
Kidding! that'll never happen

HappyHair87
February 15th, 2024, 06:52 PM
I just want the front of my hair to reach past my boobs...however long that is.

Reyn127
February 22nd, 2024, 02:46 PM
My hair definitely seems a little shorter when pulled to the front - in the back, my hair will be like 1-2 inches below the crease of my knees, but in the front it will barely be touching the top of my kneecaps. So I guess I would like my hair to at least reach to the bottom of my kneecaps in the front. Preferably with a solid hemline.

Aerya
February 22nd, 2024, 11:53 PM
I don't really have a goal length currently, but one milestone I'm looking very much forward to, is having my hair fall below my waist from the front. It's super random but I saw a series I think where one of the characters had hair that fell below her elbows when her arms were bent, and I thought it was really pretty. Being stuck in waistland for a few years and never really getting to that point only strengthened that goal, so I'm looking forward to getting there this year (hopefully). I'm not sure how long that would be in the back, surely a good way past hip since it would technically be hip from the front, but I'm not sure if I'd need fully BCL hair as that's a pretty decent distance on me.