PDA

View Full Version : Bad Hair Days ?

karenpetal
July 5th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Recently, I have been experiencing more bad hair days :( May be because it is shorter now - my hair is between should and BSL more towards shoulder -

Wanted to know if everyone experiences these days

1. How often do you get these
I get these like atleast 2-3 times a week nowadays

2. What causes it if you have noticed
For me I cannot find a reason :(

3. What do you do to hide -
For me the only option is to heavily oil it (olive oil) and brush it in a tight ponytaail or a tight french braid

HintOfMint
July 5th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Is your hair in a blunt cut? Do you have bangs or layers? How thick is your hair (I realize you say it is a ii, but is it closer to i or is it closer to iii?) When you say you have a "bad hair day" does it "poof" or go flat? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get an idea of your situation.

As for your questions:
1. I wear my hair up far too often to give an accurate count on my bad hair days, but my bangs are often hit or miss. I have awful bangs about half the time. I should grow them out, but when they look good, they look REALLY good.
2. My bad bang days are often due to a lack of texture and using the wrong brush when I blowdry. My bad hair days, when I let my hair down, is almost always due to dryness. Some days, you can see how crispy my ends are.
3. Wax/pomade is my friend. The preventive option is damp bunning and a great conditioner.

Jenn of Pence
July 5th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Oooh, yeah, bangs. Mine are growing out, and when I stopped using the straightener three months ago or so they totally freaked out. I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up with no heat, but I stuck it out for a few weeks and they subdued themselves somewhat.
1. Right now my hair is pretty darned happy, so fewer bad days at the moment...we'll see how long that lasts ;) I'd say one a week...I stretch my wash an extra day on the weekend, so that last day is a little grungy around the roots.
2. As mentioned above, oily roots needing washing.
3. In the past, if I had a bad hair day I usually did the low pony. With my thick hair, I'm not quite able to do a lot of updos at this length but I've started doing some braids. I prefer three-strand or rope braid pigtails. Then my bangs either tuck behind my ears or get held back by a bobby pin. I think that if I found a scarf or wide ribbon I liked, I would consider wearing it as a headband.

Dragon
July 6th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Every day use to be a bad hair day till it got it below shoulder length because my hair would never sit right when wearing it down and I dident like using product since its to drying to my hair.

Hotrox
July 6th, 2010, 01:08 AM
I have many of these every week, I have decided to keep a blog on here about products and techniques I use and then document the results. I have a bad habit of changing one thing every time I wash and then when it goes well, or very badly I can't remember exactly what it was that I did right, or wrong!

My aim is to find the right products and drying/styling techniques and then stick to it :D

Long_hair_guy
July 6th, 2010, 01:15 AM
When I had shorter hair I had bad hair days. Just think of Bart Simpsons hair style but badly done.

Now I just keep my hair under more control (which is easier since its longer)

MrsGuther
July 6th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I get a "bad hair day" whenever I am in a bad/foul mood. It seems to be that it is my perception of my hair that changes... not so much my hair. I guess you could say whenever I am PMSing I am having a bad hair day.

DARKMARTIAN
July 6th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Recently, I have been experiencing more bad hair days :( May be because it is shorter now - my hair is between should and BSL more towards shoulder -

For me the only option is to heavily oil it (olive oil) and brush it in a tight ponytaail or a tight french braid

1. Maybe three times a week or something. One thing ive figured out though is ..the more hair you have the more there is to go bad....:o

2. That can be determined by various factors. Irony is loving wet humid rainy weather yet hating bad hair days. Mama Nature can be cruel. Also its not pleasant but perspiration can really take a toll on my hair if it gets bad enough. Then you got your Oklahoma winds.....our state is about as flat as a pancake run over by a steam roller. Combine them all and my options are to just shave my head or go to bed.

3. to hide it I either wear my knit cap......but we are in the hot season so thats usually not my first choice obviously, or brush it a lot and redo my braid or ponytail which is usually how I have it unless im going out for some kind of non-exertive recreation...(bar, or movie or something)

Sammich
July 6th, 2010, 03:38 AM

I get mine mostly all the time, 5 out of 7 days a week. I use coconut oil to hide it, and put it up! :( It 'looks' fine, but it doesn't feel very soft, feels icky. :p
No idea what the reason is. :p Dry weather perhaps?

Linainverse
July 6th, 2010, 03:58 AM

1. I used to have a bad hair day almost every day, now it's only once a week or so.

2. After I switched to cone free shampoo I noticed much more frizz and limp-ness, so I changed back to cones and started washing my hair with cold water and it is much better. Other factors are not letting it dry before I sleep on it or not brushing it before I sleep on it.

3. Lightly oil with jojoba. Or I wear a woolie hat (it's winter so I can't get away with this in summer!)

karenpetal
July 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM
[quote=HintOfMint;1155536]Is your hair in a blunt cut? Do you have bangs or layers? How thick is your hair (I realize you say it is a ii, but is it closer to i or is it closer to iii?) When you say you have a "bad hair day" does it "poof" or go flat? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get an idea of your situation.

Hi HintofMint - thanks for your reply

Yes I do have an almost blunt cut slightly Uish and bangs have grown out - and bangs are usually not the issue
My hair is thiker on the sides as compared to top - the sides poof more and top is flatter whihc causes it to look "wierd"

What wax do you use and how do you apply it ?

Thanks all for replies