PDA

View Full Version : Straightening curl hair with Rags

Oksana
July 4th, 2010, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure if anyone already does this, so sorry if it's a repeated topic!

I have curly hair and up until April I used to straighten it every day. Since trying to grow it I have given up the heat but dealy miss having my hair straight sometimes. I have been curling my sisters straight hair with rags and it occured to me i could probably straighten my hair if i changed the technique with the rags.

So this morning I washed my hair and let it air dry until it was very slightly damp. I then cut some old pillow cases into long stips (double the length of my hair). I then placed my hair half way down the strip and wrapped the remaining strip round the hair and secured at the bottom. I left it in for 2 hours and it is pretty much straight with a very slight wave! :cheese:

GoddesJourney
July 4th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I guess that makes sense. Some people do this by wrapping their hair around their head in such a way that it keeps it straight while it's drying. I hear it works. I can imagine that large rollers would do it, too.

Jenn of Pence
July 4th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Very cool! My hair is fairly straight, but with a pronounced body wave in a couple of places. Usually I can just continually finger comb it while it's drying to make it less pronounced, but I have read up on some no-heat straightening techniques here. This reminds me a bit of one where you use elastics or ties in multiple places down your hair to keep it straight while it dries. This would be a nice, gentler alternative to using elastics :)

proo
July 4th, 2010, 06:21 PM
more info please
do the rags hang straight down?

Oksana
July 6th, 2010, 07:55 AM
more info please
do the rags hang straight down?

I used this method of rags http://bowznstuff.blogspot.com/2008/09/curl-chronicals-last-word-in-curling.html (half way down the page) as opposed to curling the hair up to the scalp. The only thing i changed was to lay the hair straight within the rag instead of curling it around the material :)