PDA

View Full Version : Even Hair Growth Pattern?

shawneez
July 4th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I was wondering............when new hair grows, is the new growth usually the same length over your entire head...... or can you have different new growth lengths growing at the same time.

Anyone know the answer?

spidermom
July 4th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Everybody's head is different, but the generalized answer is that yes, different hairs have different growth patterns. Some grow faster, some grow slower, some keep growing for 10 years before they shed out, some shed out after only 2-4 months of growing.

Loreley
July 4th, 2010, 08:56 AM
New hair start growing after you shed hair, and you shed every day so new hair grows continually and that's why new growth usually is not the same length. I hope this makes sense. :)

FrannyG
July 4th, 2010, 10:01 AM
There's no question that every hair grows at a different rate on me, at least. Having 1a hair, it really shows. I can trim my hair sot that the ends are perfectly blunt and even and about 3 or 4 months later, it's easy to see that some hairs are almost a quarter of an inch longer than others, so my hair starts to look ragged.

That's precisely why I have a small trim every 3 to 4 months. That way I keep my length even. Essentially, I'm just trimming off the fastest growing hairs.

Sunny_side_up
July 4th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Mine is uneven, there's the back section which seems more speedy than the front. Not exactly desirable when growing out layers and waiting the front shorties to get to a decent length! I'm planning on another self trim in a couple months.:eyebrows:

Dragon
July 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Mine is uneven as well.

trillcat
July 4th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I have very uneven growth. The middle of the back of my head grows the fastest, and the right side comes in a close second. The left side just sort of lags and the bangs grow faster than the whole lot of it! I am in need of a trim right now but am putting it off because I can't see not loosing about 3 inches of hair, and I am not ready for that yet!

Oksana
July 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Judging by my roots, the hair either side on the nape of my neck grows twice as fast as the hair on top of my head, my fringe/bangs also grow faster

my2cats1
July 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Mine is uneven, too -- it grows the fastest on the back of my head, and also on my right side. Even within those sections, I have "gallopers" that create an uneven look. I guess I won't complains, as long as it's growing! :)

squiggyflop
July 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM
my underside grows twice as fast as my canopy.. my bangs grow super slow.. every couple of month i have to trim because i look like i have layers