PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Frizz

julliams
July 4th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I have wavy hair and depending on the weather (I thought) I can end up with a halo of frizz or not much at all. I air dried my hair two days ago and had frizz all over the place (washed and conditioned my hair only with no leave in.)

Today I used my Giovanni Leave in on my hair when it was dripping wet and put it up in a towel for about 10 minutes. Then I took the towel down and let it airdry in a room that is being heated by a gas heater. Plus I haven't touched my hair at all. Often I go through and run my fingers down the wiry ones - but today I kept my hands out of it!!

I've just now gone to check it in the mirror and I have next to no halo of frizz at all.

So, is frizz due to humid weather or lack of moisture in ones hair? Or both?

virgo75
July 4th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Both.
Products that dry out my hair give me frizz no matter what the temperature and/or humidity are.

But I get less frizz even on humid days when my hair is nice and moisturized. :shrug:

Also - a pea sized dollop of FOTE aloe vera gel mixed with a drop of EVOO demolishes any halo frizz I have. ;)

triumphator!
July 4th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Leave-in conditioner + a dab of aloe gel + water shaken up in a spray bottle = best frizz spray ever!

marisa
July 4th, 2010, 08:08 PM
When it gets really humid out I get the halo. And then also in the winter when it's really dry.
So I would say both.
I keep a tube of Frizz Ease Secret Weapon from John Frieda on hand for those days.
It's a finishing creme and super coney, but I use it so rarely (and only a dab) I'm not worried.
And it has a nice cherry smell.

I think I will try triumphator!'s formula though when I run out of this, it sounds great.
Not sure if I will ever run out though, it's been well over a year and I still have more than half the tube left.

triumphator!
July 5th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Yay! I have to attribute the spray to morecowbell -- I saw her post with the recipe. Here it is:

Aloe Vera Gel Spray for fighting frizz:
1 tbsp of 100% Aloe Vera Gel in an 8oz spray bottle of half water and half leave-in conditioner