PDA

View Full Version : Supportive friends...

ravenreed
July 4th, 2010, 01:34 AM
I am a little amused at a conversation I had with one of my dear friends the other day. She is an ex-long hair, so she understands how how time intensive long hair can be. Hers is pretty short now and she does all sorts of amazing colors in her hair. At one point I told her she was reminding me of one of my favorite pet fish that passed away. He was a lovely teal/blue and purple Betta.

Anyhoo, I asked if she would be willing to help me put some lighter colored streaks in my hair because she is the only hardcore hair dye person I know. She actually got nervous. We talked about the fact that I have dye and henna on my hair, and what might happen. I had wanted to do maybe 3-4 pencil thin streaks on top, but ended up negotiating with her to do 1-2 test streaks underneath so in case is all goes badly, it won't be too noticeable.

I just thought it was sweet that she was concerned because she knows the amount of babying I do to my hair. I know a lot of people on LHC have friends that are not hair goal supportive and I am truly blessed to have great friends who not only care about me, but what I care about too, even if it is just hair.

Dragon
July 4th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Its good to have friends like that.

Barniie
July 4th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Aww, she sounds lovely! At least you know that you are not going to have a horror-what-did-i-just-do moment! You are very lucky to have such nice friends!

HintOfMint
July 4th, 2010, 01:42 AM
That's wonderful! That's so sweet that she was worried. She sounds like a really considerate friend.

Qadupae
July 4th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Aw, what a wonderful friend ^_^ Yeah, we tend to hear lots of negative about friends or family on these boards, so thank you for posting about your fantastically supportive friend!

Jessica Trapp
July 4th, 2010, 03:18 AM
What a sweet friend. :)

Henrietta
July 4th, 2010, 03:30 AM
See? Fantastic! Most of people wouldn't care about someone else's hair. "I can do for you what you want and the effect is your problem." It's great to have such people around. Not only supportive ones but also experts:) My friends are totally non-supportive.

ravenreed
July 4th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments. I think it helps that she had really long hair. I am guessing hers was classic when she cut it, I know it was longer than mine is now.

Newniepg
July 4th, 2010, 04:29 AM
How absolutely lovely! I hope the streaks go well for the sake of her nerves and the sake of your hair! :) it's so nice to know friends like that.

Stine
July 4th, 2010, 10:54 AM
There should be more friends (and people) out there like her. :-)

Sammich
July 4th, 2010, 11:16 AM
What an adorable friend! Wow, the story made me have a nice fuzzy feeling. ^_^

Reminds me of my DBF the other day, he was actually really really annoyed at me that I had dyed my hair(I had promised... >_<) he told me he was annoyed at that, but even more annoyed I was ruining my goals and he knew I was impulsive and may dislike it in a week.
He said my hair was important to me, and I am important to him, so therefore my hair is important to him.
Made me really upset, but now thinking back, he worried about my hair! Now he can't stop complimenting my hair! :p
Sorry I just hijacked that, thought it was a nice thread to hijack because it suits. Cough. :p

JenniferNoel
July 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Aww, Sammich. That's adorable, and not really a hijack, don't worry. :p
It's safe to say most people in my life that are female think I'm hair crazy. Most of them are a little younger than me and pretty trend-obsessed, but they're good people. Haha. I accidentally mentioned offhand my attendance of the long hair community to a male friend when he asked why I had stacks of indigo in the basement and henna in the fridge, and he just kinda looked at me and walked away. Later he came up with some weird nickname for me regarding my pigtail braids. :p Those that are concerned about my hair though are really concerned, just as concerned as I am actually, as in buying me expensive oils and hair toys for holidays and b-days. Haha. It's such a nice feeling when people understand my hair obsession.

ravenreed
July 4th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Sammich, that is not a hijack at all! Your DBF sounds wonderful. :)

Carolyn
July 4th, 2010, 02:14 PM
I agree it's very nice to have a supportive friend. Most don't care about hair at all. I have one friend outside of LHC who is supportive. She's done some of my trims. She's a former long hair too.

Toadstool
July 4th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Those that are concerned about my hair though are really concerned, just as concerned as I am actually, as in buying me expensive oils and hair toys for holidays and b-days. Haha. It's such a nice feeling when people understand my hair obsession.

You have people in your life who are concerned about your hair??!:cool:

ibleedlipstick
July 4th, 2010, 02:39 PM
That is so cool! I had one stylist who was like that, and I absolutely adored her. I'm glad that you have such a supportive friend :)

Sammich
July 4th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Aww, Sammich. That's adorable, and not really a hijack, don't worry. :p
It's safe to say most people in my life that are female think I'm hair crazy. Most of them are a little younger than me and pretty trend-obsessed, but they're good people. Haha. I accidentally mentioned offhand my attendance of the long hair community to a male friend when he asked why I had stacks of indigo in the basement and henna in the fridge, and he just kinda looked at me and walked away. Later he came up with some weird nickname for me regarding my pigtail braids. :p Those that are concerned about my hair though are really concerned, just as concerned as I am actually, as in buying me expensive oils and hair toys for holidays and b-days. Haha. It's such a nice feeling when people understand my hair obsession.

^__^ He is! *Such a love sick puppy* :inlove: :love: :heart:

Sammich, that is not a hijack at all! Your DBF sounds wonderful. :)

Hehe. :o Aww. I'll be sure to tell him all of this! :o :inlove:

Ha@toadstool! Concerned about your hair, yeaah. I can't believe I didn't notice that! :p

FrannyG
July 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Ravenreed, I can't tell you how lovely it was to read such a positive post about real-life friends for a change. Thanks you for sharing that. :blossom: