PDA

View Full Version : Turtlenecks

jesamyn
May 14th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I put on a turtleneck today and noticed how it dragged at my hair. This sorta put my brain-wheels in motion thinking about how that will work when my hair gets longer. Of course some turtlenecks can be stretched, but some of my heaver ones refuse. Is there a trick to this that someone could share?

suicides_eve
May 14th, 2008, 07:12 AM
all i can think of is updos to protect it from dragging along , that or hats-i love beanies i use to were them all the time and i hardly had split ends that season

dancingbarefoot
May 14th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Is there a trick to this that someone could share?

Yes: fix your hair after you put your shirt on. :silly:

eadwine
May 14th, 2008, 10:06 AM
:lol: Yep, that is how I do it ;)

jesamyn
May 14th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Oh, this is before I fix my hair. I can't get a turtleneck around it when it's up, and it drags when it's down, so I wondered if anyone had figured out a 'better way'.

Guess not, and I will simply deal with it! :)

eadwine
May 14th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Oh.. well.. it's weird but..

Bend over before putting the thing on. Put hair through hole, hold it, then head through.

That is how I do it when it is too pully.

Tabitha
May 14th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Or you could try what they ask you to do in posh clothes shops: drape a silk scarf right over your head before putting on the sweater which will slide on over the slippery silk. The shops provide scarves to protect their merchandise from customers' makeup but I can see it working for this too.

Islandgrrl
May 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I'm wearing a turtleneck today, as it happens. So I took it off and put it back on to notice how I do it. I gather all my hair up and put it through the neck first, before the rest of my head. Seems to work fine without dragging my hair all over the place.

harpgal
May 14th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I wear turtlenecks a lot because I am cold...a lot! I bring my hair around to the front and then pull it on over my head. Then I create my updo for the day.

physicschick
May 14th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I ignore my hair when putting a turtleneck on. Once the shirt is on, I fish all the hair out of it. If a neckline is too tight to fit over my hair, it's probably going to strangle me during the day anyhow. :lol:

suicides_eve
May 14th, 2008, 02:50 PM
oh i didn't misunderstood what you were asking- i don't wear turtle necks personally i find them anyoing and irritating, so i wouldn't be much help