PDA

View Full Version : VICTORY!! dutch piggytails

squiggyflop
July 3rd, 2010, 01:23 PM
ive been trying for 11 days straight now to do a double dutch braid.. and i finally did it!!! :cheese:
i was so happy i had dad take a pic of the back of my head..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/dutchpigtailsjuly2010.jpg

its too bad i cant keep the ends from twisting..

but i did it.. and it even looks good enough to go out in!
im so happy!

torrin paige you are awesome for teaching people to braid!

chipzahoy
July 3rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Cute!! Also I really like your hair color :-)

serious
July 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Very pretty!
Congratulations!

Kristin
July 3rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
Congrats! They're very cute!

Quixii
July 3rd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Very nicely done!
I was hoping to be able to do something similar for the fourth of July tomorrow, but if it took you eleven days... Oh well. I can try. And if it turns out looking nearly as nice as yours, I'll have done fine. :D

squiggyflop
July 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Cute!! Also I really like your hair color :-)
thanks.. its henna

Very pretty!
Congratulations!
thanks

Congrats! They're very cute!
thank you

Very nicely done!
I was hoping to be able to do something similar for the fourth of July tomorrow, but if it took you eleven days... Oh well. I can try. And if it turns out looking nearly as nice as yours, I'll have done fine. :D

it took me 11 days mostly to build up the arm strength.. one dutch braid doesnt take nealy as much arm strength as 2.. im sure you could do it.. nobody has as weak arms as me.. my dad still has to open my jars sometimes;)

i was thinking myself about braiding some red white and blue ribbon in my hair for the 4th..

triumphator!
July 3rd, 2010, 02:16 PM
Drool worthy, so jealous! And such small tassels, your hair must be almost all the same long length!

linda g
July 3rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
awesome! (which is apparently too short of a comment! ;))

little_acorn
July 3rd, 2010, 02:23 PM
WOW I have serious hair envy :)

Gumball
July 3rd, 2010, 02:57 PM
Whoohoo, squiggy! Those are some awesome skills you've developed! Looking good. :D

virgo75
July 3rd, 2010, 03:07 PM
Your braids look GREAT! :cheese:

Don't worry about the twisty ends.
Mine do the same thing - it's just a part of not having straight hair. :)

white line
July 3rd, 2010, 04:58 PM
those look awesome! maybe I should start practicing those. my mom used to do those for me and I loved them.

spidermom
July 3rd, 2010, 05:11 PM
It looks good.

Naamah
July 3rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
Beautiful! I love your hair.

LoversLullaby
July 3rd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful!

redneckprincess
July 3rd, 2010, 05:30 PM
Great job, I was finally able to achieve decent looking FRENCH "pigtails" a few weeks ago!! :)

cindy58
July 3rd, 2010, 06:07 PM
That looks good!

christine1989
July 3rd, 2010, 06:38 PM
That's fantastic! :) It would probobly take me more like a month to get that good.

wonhwa
July 3rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Your braids are beautiful! You did a great job!

fair isle
July 3rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Wow your hair is stunning and the braids are gorgeous worthy of a :thud:
I love your color as well :)

squiggyflop
July 3rd, 2010, 07:05 PM
Drool worthy, so jealous! And such small tassels, your hair must be almost all the same long length!
i hope its almost the same length.. ive trimmed off more than 20 inches since joining;).. but i definitely have taper.. not all my hair grows at the same rate so im waiting for some of it to catch up..

linda g, little_acorn, spidermom, cindy58, Naamah, LoversLullaby, wonhwa:
thanks!

Whohoo, squiggy! Those are some awesome skills you've developed! Looking good. :D
thanks.. really its all torrin paige's doing.. she is so great putting those tutorials up

Your braids look GREAT!
Don't worry about the twisty ends.
Mine do the same thing - it's just a part of not having straight hair. :)
oh so is that why.. yup my hair is definitely not straight.. when i wear my hair in a ponytail it often forms into one fat 3 inch diameter spiral at the ends.. so yeah its not straight

those look awesome! maybe I should start practicing those. my mom used to do those for me and I loved them.
i recommend watching torrin paige's youtube channel.. its very different doing it on yourself than on someone else..

Great job, I was finally able to achieve decent looking FRENCH "pigtails" a few weeks ago!! :)
i have yet to do french pigtails.. mostly because i wanted to learn the dutch braid for the XO braided updo and also the braided classic updo.. (as far as i can tell the classic is 2 dutch/french braids that are turned into a bun in the back) i like the dutch version better so i decided to learn it first

That's fantastic! :) It would probobly take me more like a month to get that good.
torrin paige is to thank for it looking as good as it does.. 12 days ago i couldnt do either a french or dutch braid.. but her videos changed that..

Rose J.
July 3rd, 2010, 07:06 PM
That looks beautiful...you did a great job!

bugeyedmonster2
July 3rd, 2010, 07:09 PM
ive been trying for 11 days straight now to do a double dutch braid.. and i finally did it!!! :cheese:
i was so happy i had dad take a pic of the back of my head..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/dutchpigtailsjuly2010.jpg

its too bad i cant keep the ends from twisting..

but i did it.. and it even looks good enough to go out in!
im so happy!

torrin paige you are awesome for teaching people to braid!

Nice! Your hair is pretty!

Oh, and Torrin Page is great...

ravenreed
July 3rd, 2010, 11:29 PM
They look perfect! For some reason, I can do one just fine but when I attempt two something goes wonky somewhere along the way. I will have to keep at it.

Juneii
July 3rd, 2010, 11:53 PM
looks beautiful! I love the red tones in your hair :) I have yet to attempt this kind of braid :)

Loreley
July 4th, 2010, 12:23 AM
It looks great! Congrats! :)

GreyArea
July 4th, 2010, 05:01 AM
It's very good! The color too. :)

Angelica
July 4th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Beautiful style and you have such beautiful long hair!

trillcat
July 4th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Victory is yours!!!!!
I can not double dutch, heck I can barely single braid Dutch without people looking at me asking,. Uh, what did you do to you hair there?

Torrin Paige
July 4th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Check out your mad skillz, squiggyflop! I am so proud. Arm stamina is so worth it once you get it going. Soon you'll be opening all of your jars yourself and admiring your studly biceps. :) It looks great, sweetie, so glad you got the hang of it!

lapushka
July 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Great updo for the summer, nice and cool!

Hedera
July 4th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Congratulations!!!

They look great - and so long and even! :cheese:

Newniepg
July 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I think that is really pretty. I appreciate the arm muscles it must have taken to do that and the skill and dedication to practice.

I can only do a dutch braid if I try to do a french braid and vice versa.

Well done. :)

StormiDoodle
July 4th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Beautiful! I need to try and learn to dutch braid! Hope you have a lovely 4th!

Jessikinz
July 4th, 2010, 11:33 AM
They look good!!! :D

I learnt from Torrin Paige too, she's so amazing. Mine twist at the bottom too, not sure why though...oh well!

Sissy
July 4th, 2010, 11:40 AM
very nice piggytails and your hair is beautiful!

Othala
July 4th, 2010, 02:50 PM
I admire your patience and perseverance. The results are fabulous!

tofuowl
July 4th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I've never been able to dutch braid without it looking awkward and lumpy. You did an amazing job!! Only eleven days too? Wow :D

skay
July 4th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Congrats! They come out really well and it looks great on you.

I also enjoy wearing this style as well.

squiggyflop
July 4th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Rose J., bugeyedmonster2, GreyArea, Angelica, Loreley, lapushka, Hedera, StormiDoodle, Jessikinz, Sissy, Othala,
skay, Juneii:
thanks!

They look perfect! For some reason, I can do one just fine but when I attempt two something goes wonky somewhere along the way. I will have to keep at it.
yeah that was one of my biggest problems.. that and arm strength..

Victory is yours!!!!!
I can not double dutch, heck I can barely single braid Dutch without people looking at me asking,. Uh, what did you do to you hair there?
lol yeah i was getting the same reaction at first..

Check out your mad skillz, squiggyflop! I am so proud. Arm stamina is so worth it once you get it going. Soon you'll be opening all of your jars yourself and admiring your studly biceps. :) It looks great, sweetie, so glad you got the hang of it!
*SQUEEEL* thanks! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

I think that is really pretty. I appreciate the arm muscles it must have taken to do that and the skill and dedication to practice.
I can only do a dutch braid if I try to do a french braid and vice versa.
Well done. :)
well i did a lot of the practicing on my styling head thing before i tryed it on my own head.. mostly because im a bit paranoid about repeatedly combing and messing with my hair causing possible breakage.. next up is the XO pinned braid.. i must have done it 5 times on the styling head so far.. i still havent gotten it right on the styling head so im going to do it a couple more times before doing it to my own hair.. i also am going to practice using ribbon in the braids..

I've never been able to dutch braid without it looking awkward and lumpy. You did an amazing job!! Only eleven days too? Wow :D
well torrin paige is an excellent teacher.. mine looked lumpy until i learned how to hold the strands right.. if i hold the strands correctly i have a free hand to smooth the added hair better..

little_cherry
July 4th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Your braids look AWESOME, Squiggyflop! :D Your hair is so pretty, too. :)

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Your braids look AWESOME, Squiggyflop! :D Your hair is so pretty, too. :)
thanks!.. hee hee

littleflowerr
July 5th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I like the color of ur hair! :) so prettyy

mellie
July 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Beautiful! And so long!!