PDA

View Full Version : growing out curly layers..frustration!

LilyLu
July 3rd, 2010, 09:31 AM
I'm trying to grow out my layers from a V hemline to a full U hemline. My longest layers (the back) grow like weeds, I need to trim them every few months to prevent a very deep V hemline...my shorter/front layers are another story..they don't really grow so much as become split ends! Has this happened to anyone else? how have you dealt with it?? any treatments that help?

thanks muchly!

masa_inn
July 3rd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Regular trims.
/sigh/

Bunnyhare
July 3rd, 2010, 10:11 AM
I have been growing out curly layers too..the front always seems to grow slower..but i stopped brushing, started oiling and using nightbloomings panacea and have had almost no split ends in months...now i just trim the back ever couple months and let it grow out!
Don't give up! it is frustrating, just hang in there!! your hair looks beautiful!

adler
July 12th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I know exactly how you feel! I got my hair cut in layers because that's what they said my curly hair needed to look good. Now the side layers don't want to seem to grow! I've just been babying the shortest ones as much as possible and S&Ding whenever I get a chance.

curlylocks85
July 14th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Dustings, deep conditioning treatments, oiling the ends, and braids: this is what has helped and is helping me with my curly layers and ends in general. You can always S&D your ends too.

HintOfMint
July 14th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Try to figure out why your hair gets splits there in the first place? Is it a finer texture than the rest of your hair? Do you tie it in a ponytail all the time and those areas rub against the elastic? Does it tangle? Does it rub against a seatbelt or purse strap? Do you heat style? Take stock of what you do with your hair to figure out why your hair splits there and not necessarily in other areas.
My underlayer splits like mad because it is finer than the rest of my hair, and it rubs against my clothes. So it goes.