PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

crystalocculta
May 14th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I came across this page via search engine. I really liked what I read and liked the fact that this is a very helpful,updated and well monitored community.
I have been growing out my naturally curly/wavy hair for a year after thermal straightening it for two years. My hair color is auburn but I dye it black (which I am trying to stop doing)
and have about 10 inches left of dry straightened hair but am trying to salvage what I can by keeping the ends moisturized.
My husband has long curly hair as well up to his waist and he doesn't want me to chop my hair nor do I until it will be a length that is ok for me and I won't cry about heh
I've never taken a natural approach to hair care but today after soaking up much information I purchased some coconut oil to help my dry ends after I trimmed as little as possible.
If there is anyone who has gone threw the process of growing out chemically processed hair and has any tips please do share.
Thanks for reading and I hope to some day attain such beautiful hair like all you other contributers. :)

Thanks for reading.

Essassani
May 14th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Ahhh, so you like WoW...hehe. Cool! I'm new, too. Welcome!

Love, Ronald

tomm
May 14th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Welcome, crystalocculta! While I can't help you with advice (as I have no experience) on growing out chemically processed hair, I know that there are many who can. May I suggest you ask your question on the mane forum. I know you'll get many good responses.

Again, welcome!

lora410
May 14th, 2008, 07:36 AM
The best thing to do is wear your hair up and do small trims as often as you feel comfortable. Do some nice deep overnight oiling and then condition it out in the morning.I am currently lightening my black hair (back to brunette) with baby shampoo and honey mix left on for a few hours, followed by a very deep oil treatment. Since the baby shampoo is drying for my hair.So far I am back to a deep brown/brunette with some red highlights from this method. (thanks Nightshade :flowers:)If you like the black you can always henna. That helps strengthen hair and gives great shine. There are alot of articles and post on henna methods. Enjoy your growing out phase :flowers:

florenonite
May 14th, 2008, 08:08 AM
The best thing to do is wear your hair up and do small trims as often as you feel comfortable. Do some nice deep overnight oiling and then condition it out in the morning.I am currently lightening my black hair (back to brunette) with baby shampoo and honey mix left on for a few hours, followed by a very deep oil treatment. Since the baby shampoo is drying for my hair.So far I am back to a deep brown/brunette with some red highlights from this method. (thanks Nightshade :flowers:)If you like the black you can always henna. That helps strengthen hair and gives great shine. There are alot of articles and post on henna methods. Enjoy your growing out phase :flowers:

You said here that the baby shampoo dries your hair; I was wondering if you do an acid rinse afterwards, as apparently the main reason baby shampoo is drying is because it's alkaline whilst hair likes to be acidic. Just something that came to mind when I read your post

I came across this page via search engine. I really liked what I read and liked the fact that this is a very helpful,updated and well monitored community.
I have been growing out my naturally curly/wavy hair for a year after thermal straightening it for two years. My hair color is auburn but I dye it black (which I am trying to stop doing)
and have about 10 inches left of dry straightened hair but am trying to salvage what I can by keeping the ends moisturized.
My husband has long curly hair as well up to his waist and he doesn't want me to chop my hair nor do I until it will be a length that is ok for me and I won't cry about heh
I've never taken a natural approach to hair care but today after soaking up much information I purchased some coconut oil to help my dry ends after I trimmed as little as possible.
If there is anyone who has gone threw the process of growing out chemically processed hair and has any tips please do share.
Thanks for reading and I hope to some day attain such beautiful hair like all you other contributers. :)

Thanks for reading.

As lora410 has said, if you're trying to stop dying because of the damage it causes you could try using henna/indigo to keep the black. There's info on that in the henna thread under Recipes, Henna and Herbal Haircare, I believe.

crystalocculta
May 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Yes yes heh heh
Welcome aboard as well.