PDA

View Full Version : Got my hair cut-finally!

pinklemonade
July 2nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone!
I just have to share this great experience: I just cut my hair and for the first time I'm happy that it's shorter!!!
I didn't cut my hair or even trim it in about a year and a half (or more...), coz I've been tryin to grow out a weird, extremely layered and thinned out cut. I also permed it a couple of years ago (which didn't help the condition/texture of my hair!) so needless to say my hair was in bad shape. I tried S&D for ages but my ends were so thinned out and felt rough. I thought I would be really upset about losing so much length as now I'm back to BSL from about waist, but it was soo worth it! I didn't expect such a difference in the look and feel!
And thank you to Callie on LHC who photoshopped a pic for me which I showed to the hairdresser (the result is practically identical!).
You know a funny thing? As the hairdresser was snipping away, I almost felt relieved (like ''good riddance!'')! :p When he stopped, I even told him to cut off more which is so unusual for me! He agreed that it would help in gettin rid of more layers, and he said he cut off about 6/7 inches (could it be???). Anyway, I'm just so happy I went through it and how I realized that the health/condition of hair is more important than length (to a certain extreme of course:p).
Happy and healthy growing everyone:blossom:

Here is the before pic:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5419&pictureid=73592

After:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5419&pictureid=75813

Quixii
July 2nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
It looks really good. I'm very glad you're happy with it. :)

Loreley
July 2nd, 2010, 01:30 PM
I'm glad you like it! :) I can't see the pics here. I watched them in your album. Your hair looks so healthy and thick! :D

Loreley
July 2nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Oh, I see there are links now. :p

pinklemonade
July 2nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Aw thank you Quixii and Loreley! :) Both of you have gorgeous hair! Of course I'm not very happy that it's gonna take me a year or two to get it to waist and longer, but I'm really happy about the result anyway. BSL isn't that bad after all! :))

Merewen
July 2nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
Looks great! The hemline in the "after" picture is really nice and thick.

Heavenly Locks
July 2nd, 2010, 01:36 PM
That looks great!! :D Your hemline is greatly improved and I am so glad you're happy with it.

Pixna
July 2nd, 2010, 01:41 PM
It looks fabulous! The hemline is perfect and your hair looks so much thicker now. Glad you are happy with it!

Nera
July 2nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Wow, you're going to grow perfectly from now on! It looks a lot better.

longforhim
July 2nd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Looks amazing! The ends are definitly thicker now!

pinklemonade
July 2nd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Thank you Merewen, Heavenly Locks, Pixna, Nera and longforhim ! :o) That is exactly why I got my hair cut, I wanted a thicker looking hemline! You ladies have beautiful hair btw! :)

jasper
July 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Looks great! I never thought of photoshopping to communicate with the stylist- that's a step above taking in pictures of someone else's hair.

Joliebaby
July 2nd, 2010, 01:58 PM
It looks so much thicker, wow!! I agree that the length is just not worth it if it isn't at least relatively healthy. Personally I can't stand raggedy, breaking, crunchy ends! Cutting them off and feeling healthy ends again is so nice, enjoy it and your hair will grow back soon enough!

HeatherMae
July 2nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
I think it looks great! You made a good choice! Your hair looked pretty when it was longer, but now it looks so much thicker and is still absolutely gorgeous! I'm glad you are happy with it. :)

pinklemonade
July 2nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
Jasper, thank you! Yes, I was really happy about the photoshop picture and the hairdresser copied it perfectly so it was really useful!

Joliebaby, yes I came to a point where I couldn't stand the tangles and see throughness and splits so a cut if def. worth it in these cases! I hope it will grow soon too, and most importantly, healthily!!! Thank you for the compliment! :)

HeatherMae, thank you for the sweet comment!:) I do miss the length, but like you said it looks thicker now so it was worth it!

UltraBella
July 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
I love it !!!! It looks wonderful :)
Now I want to cut mine too !!!! Mine is seriously driving me nuts. Maybe just 4 inches to start and then see how I feel......

Sunny_side_up
July 2nd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Looks wonderfully healthy and thickened up! Nice even ends, im aiming to get to BSL and maintain, want to lose these layers. That fresh end feeling is great:D

May
July 2nd, 2010, 06:06 PM
So much better I must say :magic:

Carolyn
July 2nd, 2010, 06:40 PM
I think it looks great. You can grow out now with a nice thick hemline. Sometimes you have to sacrifice some length for health and patiently grow again. I would have done the same thing.

christine1989
July 2nd, 2010, 07:02 PM
The hemline looks fantastic! I think the choice to cut was a good one. :)

Aliped
July 2nd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Wow, it really looks fabulous! It's amazing what a trim can do .... *sigh* this confirms, I need one too!

Juneii
July 2nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
Looks like the cut was worth it, your hair looks thicker and healthier :)

little_acorn
July 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
It looks a great cut - I'm glad you are happier with your hair :thumbsup:

bugeyedmonster2
July 2nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
It looks great. Looks thick. And so long as you're happy with it, right?

Hotrox
July 2nd, 2010, 07:55 PM
It looks amazing, such an improvement in the hemline. I loves it :D

Amraann
July 2nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
I thought your first pic showed lovely hair!
But then you showed the second and just WOW!

You just have great hair! :)

spidermom
July 2nd, 2010, 08:35 PM
Terrific result!

30isthenewblack
July 2nd, 2010, 09:32 PM
The haircut looks great. I'm glad you are pleased with it :smile:

MementoMori
July 2nd, 2010, 11:07 PM
Meh, I'm not allowed to see the pictures. >.<

Dragon
July 2nd, 2010, 11:16 PM
Your hair does look a lot better. Should be a lot nicer and healthyer when it grows this time:)

urara12
July 2nd, 2010, 11:35 PM
wow!!! your hair looks so thick and gorgeous after the trim:)
I am happy to know that you love the result.

pinklemonade
July 3rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Thank you each and every one of you for your sweetness! :blossom:I'm really happy about my hemline too! It's funny because I was always dreading the day I had to get my hair cut but my hair feels and looks so much better now so it was so worthy it! Here's to healthy growing!:sun:

FrannyG
July 3rd, 2010, 02:03 PM
Wow, it looks just amazing. Great decision! :blossom:

JenniferNoel
July 3rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
It looks sooo much thicker, and I'm very happy to hear you love the result. And here's the bonus, it's still what most people consider to be long! You have great hair, and sometimes a cut is really worth it.