PDA

View Full Version : Longer in 5-7 days??

sarah061
July 2nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Okay, while common sense tells me this doesn't really work, I can't help but believe a miracle really exists, so....

Has anyone heard of this product before? I found it as an ad in the back of a magazine:

http://valorenterprises.com/HairBeautyPlus.htm

It promises to look like 3 months of growth in a week.... I know I shouldn't even be asking this question, because something like that would probably never work, but I just can't help it! haha

Opinions?

TinaDenali
July 2nd, 2010, 01:10 PM
I doubt it works, but maybe someone here has some experience with it??

I'll be watching this thread :)

Angeletti
July 2nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
I've never heard of it but it sounds like a another scam to me...

Centifolia
July 2nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
It doesn't seem so... well, it's just a leave-in.

Ferine
July 2nd, 2010, 01:30 PM
It has Rosemary in it which supposed to enchance growth. It may work, tho I don't know if you would get 3 mos of growth that quickly.
You would practically be able to FEEL it growing at that rate!

Merewen
July 2nd, 2010, 01:31 PM
"Expands the size of each hair" so it'll be thicker? Sounds like it coats it in something. Perhaps some kind of silicone.

As for growth, it does just say "longer looking", not "longer." Maybe everything caked on to make the strands thicker stretches out any curl or wave for less shrinkage? That's my only guess, though I suppose that wouldn't work for straighter hair types.

squiggyflop
July 2nd, 2010, 01:32 PM
ive heard of it.. i hear it destroys hair.. its better to stick to vitamins like natrol skin hair nails (which gave me about 3 inches a month when i was taking it)

ETA: but natrol tastes gross.. really really nasty.. the only thing that helped them go down was chocolate milk

Loreley
July 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
I don't think this product can work.

Cholera
July 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
I don't see how a leave in conditioner could "tell" hair follicles to produce more hair. I don't know about you guys, or what the company recommends, but I don't put leave in anywhere near my scalp anyway. Sounds like a scam.

whoanellie
July 2nd, 2010, 02:02 PM
I laughed when I clicked the link, only because I swear that same photo of that same model has been used for at least 15 years! I recognized the picture instantly. It does say "fine products for over 25 years" so maybe it really is the same stuff I remember seeing advertised in the back of beauty magazines years ago. :D

I was always struck by the addition of the word "looking" in the description... as in, your hair isn't really longer, or thicker, it just looks that way? I could I recall a magazine like Jane testing out various products including this one, and that the result was yep-- just felt like it was coating your hair with product.

Magicknthenight
July 2nd, 2010, 02:09 PM
I don't see how a leave in would make hair grow faster from the roots. Maybe its good at preventing damage so it doesn't break off as much? So it seems like you gained..but really you just aren't losing as much? Are their ingredients on the website? I've wanted to believe stuff like this too but unfortunately I don't think it will work. Stuff off TLHC seems to work better IMO

UltraBella
July 2nd, 2010, 02:47 PM
I think it's a RIP-OFF............
Just my opinion ;)

Ruvie
July 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
I laughed when I clicked the link, only because I swear that same photo of that same model has been used for at least 15 years! I recognized the picture instantly. It does say "fine products for over 25 years" so maybe it really is the same stuff I remember seeing advertised in the back of beauty magazines years ago. :D

I was always struck by the addition of the word "looking" in the description... as in, your hair isn't really longer, or thicker, it just looks that way? I could I recall a magazine like Jane testing out various products including this one, and that the result was yep-- just felt like it was coating your hair with product.

I recorgnize that picture too, its been circulating in different ads for years.

masa_inn
July 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM
I wonder if a pink bra will magically appear on one's boobs as a side-effect...

Definite rip-off.

Drynwhyl
July 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
Expanding the size of each strand of hair
I really hate the sound of that. I just imagined something stretching out your hair and damaging it horrifically. xD

I wouldn't go near it anyway... You can wait three months :P

OperaTeacherMom
July 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
HA my sister and I totally used something similar to that when we were younger (like 14 and 12), and it was such a scam. It did pretty much nothing, it was so thin and watery you really couldn't even use it as a conditioner, it pretty much all went down the drain. Don't waste your money!

FrannyG
July 2nd, 2010, 06:31 PM
Well, if it worked, and if they've been successfully in business for a quarter of a century, I assure you that if their claims were true,

A. every LHCer would be using it and

B. they would have a new photo for their advertisement.

Like whoanellie, I remember that photo from the back of old hairstyle magazines years ago. :rollin:

christine1989
July 2nd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Well....there is a money back gaurentee so there is no harm in giving it a try. However I am curious about what they put in it.

sarah061
July 2nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for all your opinions everyone! I think my curiosity has been satisfied now. :) I do remember seeing that exact same picture from seriously about 10 years ago in Seventeen Magazine, haha.

Amraann
July 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
The deal breaker for me is the claim that it corrects split ends.
We all know there is not such thing except a trim.

JenniferNoel
July 2nd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Haha... ha... ha... *snort* yeah right. Longer, stronger, right. Sounds like a heavy silicone coating of some kind, who knows, well, I sure don't want to find out. And the way they worded the whole thing is actually a little freaky, longer looking hair? None of it made any sense.
Scam.

slythwolf
July 2nd, 2010, 10:15 PM
Well....there is a money back gaurentee so there is no harm in giving it a try.

Well sure, if all you care about is making sure you get your money back. Can they guarantee reversing any damage it does to your hair? No.

lastnite
July 2nd, 2010, 11:13 PM
I tried it a long time ago... I don't remember the exact ingredients, but it had animal protein in it. I don't think there were cones, but I didn't pay attention to that back then.

ive heard of it.. i hear it destroys hair.. its better to stick to vitamins like natrol skin hair nails (which gave me about 3 inches a month when i was taking it)

ETA: but natrol tastes gross.. really really nasty.. the only thing that helped them go down was chocolate milk

whoa.. 3 inches a month? is that a typo before I try this? lol

squiggyflop
July 3rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
no its not a typo it really is 3 inches a month... they did give my hair super speedy growth and got me from shoulder to bsl in like 1-2 months.. but i swear they taste so bad its not really worth it.. ugh whenever i would open the bottle the smell was so nausiating that i would gag..like i said the only thing that made them go down was chocolate milk..

oh and natrol is a suppliment to regular vitamins... you still have to take centrum or one a day to get the full effects.. i was taking the stop and shop knockoff of centrum along with natrol.. but centrum by itself didnt give me squat in the growth department..

i stopped taking natrol when they jacked up the price from 6$ per month to 13$

dropinthebucket
July 3rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
Wow, i have to try Natrol! My hair grows super slow - i only just got it up to a normal half - inch per month by jacking up my supplements and my protein and it being summer and all. Won't bother me if it tastes bad - i already take Bradley Brazier's Vega Meal Replacement for extra protein and such, and that stuff is just vile! (now, if you tell me Natrol is worse than Vega ... ok, then I might give it a miss! :D)

ButterCream
July 5th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I have found a link (Street Cents) that have been talking about this product in 2001, and, well, this is a total hype and they are indeed scaming people with this.

Some things that is said about the product said is this:

Street Cents Response

Hair beauty creme is not going to make your hair fall out - but it won't make it grow longer either. It's just a conditioner.

This miracle product makes claims like, "you'll have easy to manage, magnificent, full-flowing tresses," and the "Hair Beauty Formula is developed through scientific research" and, "it expands the size of each individual hair."

Street Cents talked to a cosmetic chemist who said there's nothing in the beauty creme ingredients that could make hair grow longer or faster. As a matter of fact - no product can.

Hair growth isn't affected by anything you put on your head. So, this creme will coat it, hydrate it and glue split ends together. Just the same as any conditioner or hair spray. It also contains ammonia - this will help straighten your hair. And, straighter hair looks longer - non?

So, Valour Enterprises Incorporated hasn't just made a major breakthrough in hair growth technology - their claims are pure hype.

Street Cents tried to get a response from Valour enterprises in New York, but they didn't get back to us. The Better Business Bureau in New York has received complaints against Valor Enterprises for dissatisfaction with merchandise and misleading advertising.

So, don't waste your money on this over-hyped conditioner. Hair Beauty Crème is "Street Cents Rejected."

So unless something DRAMATIC has happened and changed, wich I doubt, this is indeed a waste of money.

The link to the text I copied is:

http://www.cbc.ca/streetcents/archives/guide/2001/05/s04-01.html:

Edit: If it isn`t allowed to have this link in my post please exuse me, wasn`t sure how to do it otherwise.
Feel free to remove it if it isn`t allowed.
Sincerey B.C

sarah061
July 5th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Wow, thanks ButterCream!! That officially settles it. Too bad; just once I'd like to find something that sounds too good to be true but actually is. Alas.

Anje
July 5th, 2010, 08:44 AM

no its not a typo it really is 3 inches a month... they did give my hair super speedy growth and got me from shoulder to bsl in like 1-2 months.. but i swear they taste so bad its not really worth it.. ugh whenever i would open the bottle the smell was so nausiating that i would gag..like i said the only thing that made them go down was chocolate milk..
Lastnite, it is worth mentioning that Squiggy seems to get something like an inch per month normally. So 3 inches/month is only tripling her growth, not sextupling it. Not that tripling one's growth rate isn't impressive in its own right.

ButterCream
July 5th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Wow, thanks ButterCream!! That officially settles it. Too bad; just once I'd like to find something that sounds too good to be true but actually is. Alas.

You are so welcome sarah061:), and yes, I know, I also want something that sounds too good to be true, so you are not alone there, lol:D

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Lastnite, it is worth mentioning that Squiggy seems to get something like an inch per month normally. So 3 inches/month is only tripling her growth, not sextupling it. Not that tripling one's growth rate isn't impressive in its own right.
anje is exactly right.. except the one inch thing.. its actually usually closer to .75 inches.. but still its only tripleing the growth.. i forget sometimes that most people only get a half inch a month..

i feel bad for hyjacking this thread so much..

YesitsReal
July 5th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Never trust anything advertised by a woman in just a bra. Unless it's a bra. :D

naereid
July 5th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I'm gonna hijack this thread a little bit more and say I've been using Natrol Biotin for the past month and a half and haven't noticed any shocking progress. :grnbiggri After I finish the bottle (100 tablets) I'm buying Skin Hair Nails.

squiggyflop
July 5th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'm gonna hijack this thread a little bit more and say I've been using Natrol Biotin for the past month and a half and haven't noticed any shocking progress. :grnbiggri After I finish the bottle (100 tablets) I'm buying Skin Hair Nails.
yeah i never got anything from the biotin suppliments.. i think the thing that makes the hair grow is the B vitamins (which taste super nasty..)

on topic with the thread.. wow i just realized she is wearing a bra.. my head somehow edited in a shirt the first time around.. thats just plain weird..

*Aoife*
July 5th, 2010, 05:57 PM

I started taking biotin about a week ago and either it or summer made my body hair grow like crazy. I haven't been able to tell with my head hair so far though.
Sorry for semi-hijacking the thread :o

jane01
July 6th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I really don't think it works