PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair And Dogs

nastasska
May 13th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Continuing the long hair and pets connection how many of us here are dog lovers:cheese:

trolleypup
May 13th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I like dogs but don't keep pets.

Nat242
May 13th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I love dogs but due to apartment and rental living I don't have one at present. My family dog, Sophie, is still alive and kicking at about 16 years old and living with my younger cousins in another state. I miss my girl everyday, but I can't have her, unfortunately. She's got a better lifestyle with them.

-- Natalie

Cinnamon.locks
May 14th, 2008, 12:18 AM
One is a German Shepperd called "Hitler" don't ask, hubby named him and when hubby died i kept the name. my baby (favorite) is Angel, she's a mix breed female who i adore.

jessie58
May 14th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Two dogs here. I don't really have very long hair but hope to. Never been a cat owner.

julya
May 14th, 2008, 01:57 AM
We have three maltese dogs, Lady, Louie and Milo. I keep all of their hair pretty short though.

rhanee
May 14th, 2008, 02:54 AM
We used to have a beagle, he was 15 years old and died around one month ago.

Jeni
May 14th, 2008, 03:02 AM
I have 3 dogs, a basset hound (Maggie), an English mastiff (Max) and a Carin terrier (Taz). I love dogs, our house is not a home without them!

EllisGurl
May 14th, 2008, 03:17 AM
My baby:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/EllisGurl/MySpace%20slide%20show/Rajah.jpg

Meli
May 14th, 2008, 04:15 AM
I love dogs. I have one at the moment, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

Chamomilemaiden
May 14th, 2008, 04:48 AM
I have a cat and really like him, but I like dogs more. Unfortunatelly it was just last week when our dog died. I miss him so much, nobody is waiting for me now, nobody wants to play and lick me. He was a german boxer and the best dog I had, I hope he is lucky up there. I think that now he plays there with my grandad. We are going to get another dog in month and half or so, it will be a chocolate labrador.
However, I didn´t vote, because I still can´t get used to the fact that we don´t have the dog any more and I´m sometimes still automatically doing things for him and want to call him until I realize that nobody will come.

justpuggy
May 14th, 2008, 05:11 AM
yay! we have 2 wonderful pugs!

Phalaenopsis
May 14th, 2008, 05:12 AM
4 dogs: Labrador, German Shepherd, Australian Shepherd and a Malinois (Belgian Shepherd)
:)

Newniepg
May 14th, 2008, 05:15 AM
My cavalier king charles spaniel (blenheim) is currently curled up on my lap snoring. I adore dogs and have always been around them. Some day I am going to have one of each colour cavalier.

spidermom
May 14th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I love all the animals but if I could only have one pet, it would be a dog. We have two -- a Doberman pinscher and a mixed breed (black lab, rottweiler, and possibly Norwegian elkhound). They're my fur girls. (we also have 2 snakes, a cat, a frog, and a bird)

wintersun99
May 14th, 2008, 08:08 AM
dogless at present - love 'em though

harley mama
May 14th, 2008, 08:25 AM
One sweet Cookie dog here!
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p64/maknana/41507copy-1.jpg

Gabriel
May 14th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I have a dog. He's the first I've had that is mine. He's an adopted three year old chihuahua. He might be mixed with something though cause he's really cute in a non chihuahua way. But he's definitely mostly chihuahua! Typical landshark.

MeganS
May 14th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Two mixed breed rescues--one border collie/beagle mix, and one Great Pyrenees type dog. It's a standing joke as to who sheds more, them or me. :D

centurytoolate
May 14th, 2008, 10:28 AM
My condolences to those who recently lost fur babies. Nothing hurts more.

Dh and I both loved dogs," Not wisely but too well". The four of them have been my lifeline and I don't know what I'd do without them. Two lab mixes and two pit mixes and each more spoiled than the last!

Islandgrrl
May 14th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Sadly, I am currently without dog(s). My beloved greyhound went over the rainbow bridge 4 years ago and the right dog has not yet found me. :(

prosperina
May 14th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I love dogs! The bigger the better, but I also like small dogs. My parents have a cute Jack Russell and I go over and steal her every now and then when I'm feeling dogless, but I just can't have a dog at the moment. It wouldn't be fair, and I don't like cats enough to get one.

I'm tempted to type out some fictional correlation between long haired people and dog lovers, but I know it's not true and would be just speculation. ;) After all, I know some happily short haired people who have more cats than any one I've ever met!

Madam Librarian
May 14th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I have two Jack Russells. I love dogs, and I hope I always have at least a couple in the house.

I'm allergic to cats, but I don't really care for them anyway. :shrug:

zift
May 14th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I love dogs too especially German shepherd dogs:heart:
If I live in a house with garden one day I swear I'd get dogs and a lot of cats!

AJoifulNoise
May 14th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I am not really a dog person. I love to visit other people's dogs. And then come home to my kitties. There is a dog in my house, but we don't really like each other. He respects me and I help take care of him... But, that's about where it ends.

DotDotDot
May 14th, 2008, 02:17 PM
We have Maggie, a golden retriever (who can be seen in getoffmyskittle's avatar picture), and Mollie, a shi tzu. We also have one kitten, Adia.

Isilya
May 14th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I don't have a dog, but I want one. As soon as I live on my own (and if I can afford it), I will have dogs. And cats. And rabbits. I'm not picky: as long as it has 4 paws, I'm happy. Fur is optional :)

Tapioca
May 14th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I love dogs, but don't currently have one, due to apartment life. We help my mom take care of my brother's lab/kelpie/heeler, Moya. Brother is getting married, so he moved into a no-pets apartment. My parents don't mind keeping her, since they live in the Long Beach area and a big black dog is a good thing to have sometimes. Mom definitely feels more secure with her around. Brother is supposed to be taking care of grooming and bathing her, as well as buying her food, but guess what? Flake-o. Poor Mom has arthritis, and Dad just had a total knee replacement, so they really can't get down to her level to bathe and groom her. So, we come over every two or three weeks to torture her. (From her point of view.) But I do bribe her with roast beef and cheddar, so it's a win-win.

Leisa
May 14th, 2008, 03:18 PM
:cheese:Huge dog lover. I have a saying 'dogs rule the world'

We have a mix breed female now, age 8.
Last year we lost three dogs - our pure bred German Shepherd, our pit bull mix, and our mutt.

As soon as we get out of this rental...I pray its soon, we will expand our doggie population once again to include a pit bull and a german shepherd!

I LOVE DOGS!!!! (So many breeds, so little time)...:p

Other breeds I want to own-
Carrin terrier
norfolk terrier
mastiff
stratsfordshire terrier
bull terrier
labrador retriever
Welsh Corgi

AquaViolet1973
May 14th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I really dislike dogs. Really really dislike. (Sorry to all the dog lovers here.) I would never want to own a dog. I used to live in a house where there was a dog. It drove me crazy! The dog that lives next door to us here drives me crazy too.

I am a cat person. I love cats! :)

Nynaeve
May 14th, 2008, 04:26 PM
I'm a dog lover, but I'm an animal lover period.
Right now I have only one dog, her name is nikki, and she's a... ummm... well... maybe... a mutt?
She's got the hair of a golden retriever, a face like a pitt bull and a body like... soemthing else.
Truth to tell, she looks something like a dingo. hehe.
I love all kinds of dogs, but I grew up with pitt bulls and bulldogs and love them to death. :)

AquaViolet1973
May 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM
My condolences to everyone here who has lost a furbaby. It is so hard. :grouphug:

jojo
May 14th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I am a huge animal lover but my dog an english stafforshire bull terrier is my baby girl, ive never not had a dog, would love a pug and an english bull dog too, they are just too cute for words!

Carolyn
May 14th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I have 2 golden retrievers, Buffy and Daisy who are 11 and almost 3. They are my sweet babies. Life just isn't right without a dog around. I've had a golden in my life since 1970. They have all been beautiful girls.

freznow
May 14th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I like dogs but sometimes they just get to be too much, so I prefer cats. But I don't know what I'd do without a jogging partner!

blackfrostqueen
May 14th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I have two dogs...a Bichon and a N.A.I.D (Native American Indian Dog).

Indigo Girl
May 14th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I have one dog that I completely adore, Jubei, and can't imagine him not being around! He'll be 10 years old this summer. His father was a miniature dachshund and his mother was a rather large bull terrier (don't ask, I have absolutely no idea...).

He's cute, he has the elongated body of a hot dog, with the terrier bulk and muscle.:inlove:

CurlyOne
May 14th, 2008, 08:19 PM
One dog, Cheyenne. She is a Brittany, and such a sweetheart. If you ever want a purebred dog but also want to adopt do a good search for a breed resuce (ex.- Labrador rescue, Brittany Rescue) there are a lot of good dogs out there waiting for loving homes like she was. :D :heartbeat
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o216/1_morejump/DSC_0177.jpg

Indigo Girl
May 14th, 2008, 08:25 PM
CurlyOne, that's a great pic of Cheyenne!

My little guy loves the snow.

prosperina
May 14th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I really dislike dogs. Really really dislike. (Sorry to all the dog lovers here.) I would never want to own a dog. I used to live in a house where there was a dog. It drove me crazy! The dog that lives next door to us here drives me crazy too.

You need a small little cat like dog to steal your heart. :p If you're used to cats then bigger slobbery friendly dogs can turn you off. My parent's little dog grooms herself just like a kitten, sits in your lap and makes these sounds almost sound like purring....she still barks too much though. :( I think cats don't like me. I think they intuitively know I'm not their kind of person. And I normally don't like them for some reason. I feel they get into things that don't belong to them and walk on places they don't need to be on. I had neighbor's cats get into the flower beds and mess in them and it drove me crazy. Flower beds are not communal sandboxes. But there have been a few cats I've liked anyway. Like dogs, they all have a different personality. :)

yzkaloha
May 14th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I have grown up with dogs and cats in my house for most of my life, but for some odd reason, I never got attached to any of them and wouldn't call myself an animal person, weird huh :shrug:.

psvzum
May 14th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I have one dog, Sean a cairn terrier : )

biggeorge
May 14th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Meet Boudreaux:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/kajunkingkong/photos015-1.jpg

Photo by DD15!

Indigo Girl
May 14th, 2008, 09:45 PM
biggeorge, that pic is priceless - I love it! The true image of carefree happiness! Boudreaux is beautiful. :)

Starr
May 14th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I love dogs but I don't have one at the moment. . . hopefully I'll be able to find a rescue in a couple of months.

nastasska
May 14th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I love all those photographs :heartbeat:

Now how about some pictures of Rover The Cheese:cheese:

AquaViolet1973
May 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM
You need a small little cat like dog to steal your heart. :p If you're used to cats then bigger slobbery friendly dogs can turn you off. My parent's little dog grooms herself just like a kitten, sits in your lap and makes these sounds almost sound like purring....she still barks too much though. :( I think cats don't like me. I think they intuitively know I'm not their kind of person. And I normally don't like them for some reason. I feel they get into things that don't belong to them and walk on places they don't need to be on. I had neighbor's cats get into the flower beds and mess in them and it drove me crazy. Flower beds are not communal sandboxes. But there have been a few cats I've liked anyway. Like dogs, they all have a different personality. :)

I've never been around a dog that I liked. Big or small, doesn't matter. Barking dogs drive me crazy, and I absolutely can't stand a dog jumping on me, or slobbering on me. I'm just not a dog person. At all.
I absolutely adore cats. I love when my kitty jumps on my lap, or when I cuddle with her. :)
Most dogs I've encountered are rather dirty creatures and they smell, and have other unattractive habits. I'm also rather scared of dogs.
I'm just a cat person, and always will be. :)

zelah
May 14th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I love dogs! I was speaking of someone to DBF the other day and ended my speech with "oh.. and she loves dogs!" His reply was, "I swear you think anyone who has a dog or loves dogs is automatically your soul mate." He may have a point!

zelah
May 14th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Meet Boudreaux:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/kajunkingkong/photos015-1.jpg

Photo by DD15!

What a fabulous photo!

Elistariel
May 14th, 2008, 11:15 PM
My furbabies, Scoot and Ranger (both female). They live at my grandparents.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c203/Ataralasse_Manveri/Pets/th_100_9470.jpg (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c203/Ataralasse_Manveri/Pets/100_9470.jpg)

We've always had a collie and a cat. Never plan on it, just always happens that way. We've never bought a pet either. All are rescues. Scoot and Ranger were both born here. Scoot's momma ran off and Lady (momma collie passed away). Ranger is half newfoundland.

morgwn
May 15th, 2008, 03:07 AM
I always had a dog around me when I was growing up and I miss my baby SO much. He was a gorgeous black german shepherd and those are the types of dogs that I still have such a soft spot for. My fiance and I are both really wanting to get a dog but we just don't have the space right now. It'll definitely be another couple of years before we can move to a house that will be suitable for a larger dog.

Xandergrammy
May 15th, 2008, 06:32 AM
We have 2 chihuahuas!

rhubarbarin
May 15th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I looove dogs. I have two - my childhood puppy, Kea, a Tibetan Terrier; and Ferdinand, my rescued shepherd mix.

Granted my hair isn't so long yet, but it was for years and I am hoping to have it so again!

And three cats. Next: the rat owners and long hair thread (I have three).

ladystar
May 15th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Doggie here, she is an english bull dog named Matilda.

Medvssa
May 15th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I like all animals, but wouldn't like to keep animals that haven't been domesticated and conditioned as pets for hundreds of years. I wouldn't go and try to domesticate animals either, but since this is the situation as I have found it :p I have had pets in my life, animals I found in the street. Currently only cats since they adapt to small appartments and like being alone more than dogs. They just need more attention and space and I cannot provide this at the moment.

tiny_teesha
May 15th, 2008, 08:01 AM
i love dogs, my sister has 2, i train and feed them and buy them toys treats and shampoo stuff, she pays the vet /rego bills. And it isn't even joint custody. i spend more time with them then her, when tibby got lost i ran 3 blocks to catch her. Its an interesting story that one. Pictures of my pets in my photo album if you wanna see what they look like.

curls2grow
May 15th, 2008, 08:35 AM
2 dogs only -- miniature schnauzers. We love them to pieces!

young&reckless
May 15th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I love dogs!

Thay make me so happy. I have two a mix breed (sheltie) names Baker and a Bagel (Beagl and baset hound) named Rosie.

Oh, and of course Dryfis my boyfrend's dog (a 130 pound black lab) You can see him in my avatar, he bonded to me like crazy after my boyfriends dad passed, so I have to visit him often or he gets vary mad.

soleluna
May 15th, 2008, 10:46 AM
love them but i am dogless since my loved Lilly died in January, after 16 beautiful years together

JasmineDaisy
May 15th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I have one dog. Her name is Coco and she is a daschund. :flower:

Ohio Sky
May 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I did have one dog that I loved dearly even thoguh he was terribly destructive, but he had to stay with dad when we seperated because DBF and his DD are both allergic, and we dont really have a yard where we are now :(

Xia
May 15th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Well I don't have long hair anymore, but I have two dogs, a Golden Retriever (Ginger) and a Rat Terrier mix (Pooch.) I am hopefully getting a German Shepherd in the near future.

hippiechick1976
May 15th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Do 4 very long haired dogs count? 2 American eskimo's, Sheltie and pomerainain count? I love LOVE fuzzy soft dogs:) oh and 2 kids with waist and hip length hair....and 2 long haired cats ( himalayan and domestic long haired) .....and people wonder why my vaccuums always burn up:)

Florida Mom
May 15th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I have a Bichon Frise - we leave his hair long in the winter, and give him a short "do" in the summer.

Haith
May 15th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I would love to have a dog (or two, or three...) but alas! my apartment is much to small to do justice to a canine friend

prosperina
May 15th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I've never been around a dog that I liked. Big or small, doesn't matter. Barking dogs drive me crazy, and I absolutely can't stand a dog jumping on me, or slobbering on me. I'm just not a dog person. At all.
I absolutely adore cats. I love when my kitty jumps on my lap, or when I cuddle with her. :)
Most dogs I've encountered are rather dirty creatures and they smell, and have other unattractive habits. I'm also rather scared of dogs.
I'm just a cat person, and always will be. :)

Some dogs do smell, and if they do it's their owner's fault, but at least you can wet down and wash a dog with out it clawing your arm off. I hate how cats clean themselves though. I've always thought it was dirty. Just as I was driving home from the store I saw a stray rolling in the dirt. :D Talk about dirty--I imagine even non-strays do this. I thought only dogs did that. Animals, in general, ARE dirty--by people standards that is. I'm not trying to have a debate :) but I had to respond to the dogs are dirty allegation. Cats are just as filthy that's why all pet owners need to make sure their fur buddies are well taken care of.

I feel sorry for and dislike the stray cats that leave near me. There's really an army of homeless, scaredy cats that seem to be multiplying like crazy and living in the sewers. I'd hate to see them euthanized, but they just shouldn't be there. Some crazy old man comes to leave out food for them every few weeks. They need to be adopted and given their shots.

Alaskanheart
May 15th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I love animals in general.Im more of a cat person than a dog person, Currently I have neither cat nor dog, I do have a hamster though.

Leisa
May 15th, 2008, 07:38 PM

I hope one day you can spend five minutes with a nice dog. And enjoy that time.:)

Indigo Girl
May 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM
teesha I didn't see the pets in your album...am I not looking in the right place? Would love to see the little ones :)

Saranne772
May 15th, 2008, 11:58 PM
I put not really a dog person because I am not but there are some dogs I do like

soleluna
May 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM
http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.936fe2a1d2.jpg (http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?936fe2a1d2.jpg)

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.ae1f6f4be4.jpg (http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?ae1f6f4be4.jpg)

this was Lilly :(

amberdakota
May 16th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I have a dog, a shih tzu, who is just my little love. She is the first dog I've ever really had on my own (my parents had dogs growing up, but I was never close to them), and until I had her, I never felt that much of a rapport with dogs. I keep her clipped up (shih tzus can have amazingly long hair), because, as much of a tomboy as she is, grooming would be a nightmare...

AquaViolet1973
May 16th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Some dogs do smell, and if they do it's their owner's fault, but at least you can wet down and wash a dog with out it clawing your arm off. I hate how cats clean themselves though. I've always thought it was dirty. Just as I was driving home from the store I saw a stray rolling in the dirt. :D Talk about dirty--I imagine even non-strays do this. I thought only dogs did that. Animals, in general, ARE dirty--by people standards that is. I'm not trying to have a debate :) but I had to respond to the dogs are dirty allegation. Cats are just as filthy that's why all pet owners need to make sure their fur buddies are well taken care of.

All the cats I have ever had were indoor cats only. All of them have/had kept themselves very clean.
I guess cat people and dog people will never understand each other.:confused: :shrug: I think alot of it is a person's personality which determines what kind of pet they choose to have. Some people like a dog running up to them barking so loudly it hurts the ears, and slobbering, and acting hyper, and jumping all over them. Not me. That kind of behavior irritates me to no end.

I just love cats. It's part of my personality. :) If my kitty jumps onto my lap, I love that. She settles onto my lap purring, sweet and calm. She has a sweet little "meow" which doesn't bother me in the least. She has an adorable little "meow". A cat meowing never bothers me. It's nothing like the irritation of a barking dog.
When I hold my kitty she sometimes lays her head on my shoulder purring away as I pet her.:)
Cats and dogs are very different from each other.
I hope what I'm about to say isn't a generalisation...In my experience, it seems that people who are more outgoing and extroverted prefer dogs, while quiet introverts like me prefer cats. This has been true in my observation, anyway.

Jaime
May 16th, 2008, 11:36 AM
We currently have two Pomeranians - Tootsie and Phoebe (they came with their names - I had NOTHING to do with it!)

Prior to these we've had 4 others over the years:

Chessie
Rommel (the only one I named)
Tina
Ashley

8) Jim

Wikky Grrl
May 16th, 2008, 11:38 AM
3 dogs ! 3 dogs, 3 cats and 3 snakes. Its all about balance :)

akka naeda
May 16th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Always had dogs, at various times salukis (Fez, Shamara, and Yazhid Arika) , a basenji (Benji) and miniature dachshunds (Copper and Shula). Right now, we have one miniature dachsie, that's Shula.

I've also had budgies, up to 5 at a time living in the house.

BlueMeezer
May 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM
We always had a dog around while I was growing up and my parents hated cats. Then I married a cat person. We've compromised between the two by sharing our home with Siamese, a most dog-like breed of cat.

I get along fine with dogs, but since we've gotten the cats I've discovered I am much more of a cat person than a dog person.

MeganS
May 16th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Some people like a dog running up to them barking so loudly it hurts the ears, and slobbering, and acting hyper, and jumping all over them. Not me. That kind of behavior irritates me to no end.
Nope. Not all dogs are like this. That's where the difference in taste lies.

She has an adorable little "meow". A cat meowing never bothers me. It's nothing like the irritation of a barking dog.

To you, I think. To me, I'd much rather hear a barking dog than a meowing cat. :D

Then, too there are those of us who train our dogs to control their barking.

I hope what I'm about to say isn't a generalisation...In my experience, it seems that people who are more outgoing and extroverted prefer dogs, while quiet introverts like me prefer cats. This has been true in my observation, anyway.
It is a generalization. All I can say is, "anecdote" is not the singular of "data." :D I know plenty of people, myself included, who are huge introverts and definitively dog people, while my most extroverted friend is a definitive cat person.

prosperina
May 16th, 2008, 05:15 PM
All the cats I have ever had were indoor cats only. All of them have/had kept themselves very clean.
I guess cat people and dog people will never understand each other. I think alot of it is a person's personality which determines what kind of pet they choose to have. Some people like a dog running up to them barking so loudly it hurts the ears, and slobbering, and acting hyper, and jumping all over them. Not me. That kind of behavior irritates me to no end.

I've never had a dog that exhibits the personality traits/bad behavior you mention.

FTR, I understand cat people, I just don't understand people who hate dogs. :) Dogs are animals, creatures made my mother nature or God or what have you, and they have sweet natures, and only seek to please people. Ferocious dogs have been mistreated and manhandled in some way, and that is very sad. Dogs are no dirtier than cats who (uncleanly) lick themselves all over. Dogs lick their butts which is also dirty. Cats lick themselves all over. Both are icky IMO. But I don't mind animal saliva, so I frequent dogs and cats both.

Two of my best friends, a married couple, own well over 10 cats, (and they could have more by now, but they live in a different state and I haven't talked to them about their kitties). I understand and love my friends a lot, and even visited them quite frequently when they had all the cats and a big German shepard in a tiny condo. I took care of their cats for 3 weeks in the summer. I don't mind cats. In fact two of their cats I just love. I just find a cat's lifestyle incompatible with my life: I don't want my kitchen counters walked on; their cute little kitty feet have been in the kitty box and I don't want them on my counter. I don't want my cat toxic house plants eaten. I refuse to get rid of my plants, and would hate for a cat to eat it (which they will do) and die or become really sick. I don't want my flower beds used a sandboxes--and honestly a cat's gonna want to go outside at some point. I don't want to clean up a litter box. Really the list goes on. Cats are lovely animals, just not the kind of dirty animal I want; I want the dirty slobbery bark at bad people kind. :D (Note, many dogs don't slobber, some do as a matter of course, but that's just the breed.)

So in short, I understand cat people very well, I just don't want to be one. I only responded because my point was, animals can arguably be deemed as dirty. Cats and Dogs both, and as a pet owner you understand that. :flowers:

ETA: I missed something. Total hermit and I hate big crowds. Very much an introvert and a dog lover.

AJoifulNoise
May 16th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Some people like a dog running up to them barking so loudly it hurts the ears, and slobbering, and acting hyper, and jumping all over them. Not me. That kind of behavior irritates me to no end.

I don't think you've come across many well-behaved, well-trained dogs. And, that is unfortunate. I'm painfully introverted, but I can have a good time with a good dog.

The dog I live with, for example, is a pretty good dog. When we first got him he would jump, bark, and chew everything. However, I took on the roll of alpha dog. He minds me. He comes when I call, quits barking when I say, and does not jump. And, when he thinks he's done wrong, he shows me he's sorry by laying down and being still. (please know I never beat the dog, he just gives me respect)

I just say all of that to point out that all dogs aren't jumpy and over-bearing. I'm a cat-lover to the core, but not all dogs are bad.

rhodochrosite
May 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Excruciatingly introverted dog-caretaker here. I love dogs so much. They're cute and sweet and great. <3 I was even bitten by a neighbor's dog as a child and it was a horrid experience.

Even so, as an adult, I adopted and love my (first) dog (who is friendly and outgoing and active), and I love her so much and I think I'm very much a dog-person at heart. I'm sure a cat could be a great pet as well, but I'm allergic, so I probably won't get one.

eresh
May 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I always had dogs, and the last years also cats.
People always say I look like my doggy (Galgo espanol, spanish bred Greyhound) haha
We both have a long nose and a long tail ;-)
Only I can't run as fast.

Lilla My
May 17th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I got a dog because I wanted a companion to go out on walks with me and I anticipated the fun of being able to to teach her lots of stuff: fetching things; doing her nifty doggy dance moves; tricks like playing dead etc. - and she comes camping with me and loves to visit friends and relatives, has been on trains, buses and had all kinds of adventures with me. Cats are beautiful creatures (and my Dad has a wonderful Siamese that is quite doglike in its devotion to humans) but it was a dog that fitted the bill for me. No idea if I'm an extrovert or not - although being out and about with a dog probably forces me to be more sociable! :D

Strangely though I think mine is quite a catlike dog in that she is very graceful, has soft silky fur, cleans herself like a cat and doesn't have the typical 'doggy' smell (not quite sure why) ...

Here she is looking her most snooty and catlike!
http://www.helen.freakout.biz/queentilly.jpg

thankyousir74
May 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I have a wonderful miniature schnauzer named Shockey! ^____^ I am definitely a dog person and i'm glad there's a ihasahotdog.com for me :)

JKRBeloved
May 17th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I have three dogs right now, and have had as many as 5 adult dogs and six puppies at one time. Three dogs is about right, of medium to small size. As long as I am able, I hope to never be dog-less.

bunnii
May 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I voted for dogless at present, absoloutely love dogs though. I had a rottie lab mix and he was the soppiest dog ever , he was cool but he died just over 7 years ago. I can't have any dogs where i am so i'll wait on getting one, got my 2 kitties, and one of them thinks he's a dog (follows me everywhere, gets sad if i go out) so thats kinda like having a dog :p

Alethia
May 18th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I would have a working dog, e.g. guard dog, but I don't really like dogs. I don't like the smell of dog, and the way they like to lick faces and jump up. I don't like the way they widdle on the floor when they get over-excited as puppies. I don't like the way that my hand feels a bit greasy after I've petted them. They also affect my eczema adversely which I don't suppose endears them to me particularly.

Having said all of the above, we did have two dogs when we lived abroad and I am good with dogs. I can train them well, feed them well, exercise them well and all that. The proof of this was in the way that I was regarded as alpha dog by our two large German Shepherds despite the fact that I was only 13.

I would never be cruel to a dog, so don't think I'm a beast. I just prefer cats.

verene
May 20th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I have 4 dogs, only one of whom has long hair. (woolly malamute) All four however are quite large. :-) I like my big boisterous pups.

talula_fairie
May 20th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I like dogs, but I have two young kids at present...and that's enough! HA.

April1
May 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I have a Golden retriever that is 2 in Novermber. But instead of being golden he is white. Absolutely gorgeous. But what can be really annoying is that I will accationally find one of his hairs on the floor or wherever and its about the same length as mine or longer!!!!!

Ricky22
May 20th, 2008, 09:53 PM
oooooh I thought this was about your dogs having long hair, like poodles they grow pretty big afro puffs

Tapioca
May 22nd, 2008, 05:33 PM
By the way, if you're a dog lover, and enjoy a good book, give Susan Conant a try. They're mystery novels (which really aren't my cup of tea, but I love these books) set in the dog world. The main character has Malamutes, although she was raised with Goldens. (The author has Mals, and takes her author portraits with them. Gorgeous dogs.) They're more dog book than murder-mystery, and very well done.

spidermom
May 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
oooooh I thought this was about your dogs having long hair, like poodles they grow pretty big afro puffs

Haha ... well, my mixed breed doesn't particularly have long hair, but she has thick hair and sheds a lot.

Tap Dancer
May 22nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
I have two dogs: a chihuahua and a beagle. :)

AutumnLeaves
May 23rd, 2008, 05:44 PM
3 Dogs: A rescue Greyhound, 5 1/2 years old; a Spinone Italiano, 2 years old; and a Bloodhound, 6 months old tomorrow.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/AutumnLeaves1317/Pets/d81f04e4.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/AutumnLeaves1317/Pets/DSC_0238.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/AutumnLeaves1317/Pets/DSC_0334.jpg

Tapioca, thanks for the name of a new author! I hope I can remember her when I get done with the Bronte collection I'm working through.

Patrycja
May 25th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Adrienne is my puppy in my avatar :)

morgwn
May 26th, 2008, 02:31 AM
By the way, if you're a dog lover, and enjoy a good book, give Susan Conant a try.

Sound like a couple of good books to check out. Thanks for the comment. :) I'll need a couple of reads for after my studies are finally over for the summer (and I'll have my first break in two years!)

rubyann
May 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Pet lover here. Two dogs and five cats, one husband and one child. Enough pets for me!

hurricane_gia
May 30th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Two. One is a Great Pyr/Maremma cross named Jack. The other is a Great Pyr/Australian Shepherd cross named Athos (my best friend has D'artagnan and Porthos).

Together, they are 200 pounds of Dog!!

mrs carol
May 30th, 2008, 10:05 PM
We have two dogs and a cat. All three are spoiled babies.

epiphanee
May 31st, 2008, 07:21 AM
My daughter, best friend and lifelong companion is a doggy.

This is she...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/simiyusef/IMGP3093.jpg

eresh
May 31st, 2008, 08:28 AM
Oooh is she a Vizsla?
My parents had one when I was little :-D

Indigo Girl
May 31st, 2008, 02:45 PM
epiphanee, she is absolutely beautiful. Her coat is lovely - she is clearly well nourished and looked after. :)

epiphanee
June 10th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Thank you Indigo Girl. I try and look after her as best I can...raw food diet, lots of exercise and so on.

eresh, yes, she is a Hungarian Vizsla aka "the velcro dogs" because they stay with you wherever you go, including the toilet, lol.

rosieposie
June 10th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I have an english springer spaniel named Millie. She is 9 years old now and still scampers around like a little puppy. Millie is unusual in that she hardly ever barks. I have only heard her a handfull of times in her entire life. She is happy and very healthy. I adore my dog!

Islandgrrl
June 10th, 2008, 03:45 PM
An update on my sadly dogless status: DH and I are actively pursuing the adoption of an Italian Greyhound. :happydance:

Indigo Girl
June 10th, 2008, 09:52 PM
An update on my sadly dogless status: DH and I are actively pursuing the adoption of an Italian Greyhound. :happydance:

That's wonderful news - good luck on your search! :puppykisses:

manyhorsesmane
June 10th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Thank you Indigo Girl. I try and look after her as best I can...raw food diet, lots of exercise and so on.

eresh, yes, she is a Hungarian Vizsla aka "the velcro dogs" because they stay with you wherever you go, including the toilet, lol.

Epiphanee: One of our Igor (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=747&pictureid=12495)'s nicnames is "Velcro Boy" for that very same reason too-everywhere we go, even the BR!!
Not to mention the fact that everytime he goes for a romp in the woods, he brings half of it back in his coat!!!:D

manyhorsesmane
June 10th, 2008, 10:20 PM
We have a Standard Poodle, Igor, our Child we never had together ;)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=747&pictureid=7898

Prince Igor just turned 3 yrs old May 17th. He's spoilt rotten!

Indigo Girl
June 11th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Igor's coat is so shiny! Very handsome ~ :)

longhairedfairy
June 13th, 2008, 01:35 AM
I'm not much of a dog person. Don't get me wrong, they're wonderful animals. I can't really explain why... It's probably something wrong with me, not with them. I actually get along with animals quite well.
I adore hedgehogs. It's difficult to imagine life without my sweeties now :) There's just something so endearing about them. Everything about them just "tugs at my heart strings."

HappyHaley
June 13th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I've got a standard poodle (Sunny) and cat (Mollie). I've always wanted a standard poodle of my own (my parents had them as I was growing up) and now I do! Before I got Sunny, I started drawing them for my greeting cards. I still draw them, but it's so much more fun to have one than just dreaming of one!

~Haley

HotRag
June 13th, 2008, 07:58 AM
I started hennaing my hair about the same time I fell in love with irish red setters. (Connection clear about color.)

Then I got an irish red setter, two years later an irish red and white setter (see avatar).
11 years after that I got a mail irish red and white setter.
The two first got really old and are nomore here, so I have only the 2 yo "Astor" for now.

I have been really really REALLY interested in dogs.

HotRag
June 13th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Here he is (looking at an great amount of gooses):http://www.ragtime.se/hundar/astor/080321_01_staaa.jpg

manyhorsesmane
June 13th, 2008, 08:41 PM
I'm not much of a dog person. Don't get me wrong, they're wonderful animals. I can't really explain why... It's probably something wrong with me, not with them. I actually get along with animals quite well.
I adore hedgehogs. It's difficult to imagine life without my sweeties now :) There's just something so endearing about them. Everything about them just "tugs at my heart strings."

longhairedfairy: There's nothing wrong with you, Hun. You just haven't met one you can bond with (yet), and that's ok too. You don't want to get a dog, and then not bond with it...where's the sense in that?
People magnetize to that which suits them-some are Cat People; some, Poodle- Nuts (like me), some rats, spiders or snakes... My sis in Calif. has a whole herd of goats-she's got a name for every one of them, all 70+ and she cries when one is hurt or ill...and nope she will not utilize them for goats milk. She just has them all for "pets"...(wish I had her acreage!)

Our Jakester had a Hedgehog-he loved that little guy, Gizmo. They're rather delicate, yes? He was always kinda disappointed because Gizmo slept all day and only played at night. We though Jake would turn Nocturnal on us, Children of the Night....LOL

nicolezoie
June 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM
My Sonic (who is currently playing/hunting some kind of bug) is a Smooth Fox Terrier. He shows up in my hair pics from time to time. We've had him since he was an 8 week old babydog, and now he's almost 2. He is my husband's first dog, and has learned that he picked a dog that is WAY more energetic than he could ever have comprehended. Sonicdog is my buddy though. Life is never dull with that dog. I have a multitude of nicknames for him. Right now the most common one is Brat. :) I think I would be very lonely and bored without him.

I grew up with a Cockapoo named Brandy, who lived to be 13 and a half years old, and in between Brandy and Sonic, I was a surrogate dog-mom to several other dogs. Most notable was a big Yellowdog mutt that appeared to be mostly Golden Lab, and her name was Stewbone. She was notorious for stalking the squirrel that lived in the pine trees near my cottage in my late teens. To my knowledge she never caught that squirrel, but she sure tried. She also used to sit with her front paws crossed at the ankles.

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but they say that people sometimes pick dogs that resemble themselves, even if it's unconscious. Whenever I watch dog shows, I admit it that I admire the longer haired dogs like the Afghan Hounds and the like more than the shorter haired breeds. But I have to admit that I get the biggest kick out of looking for Fox Terriers in the shows to compare my dog to them. You just don't see Fox Terriers outside the show ring, and it's a shame. They're hilarious dogs - they're one of the main breeds that go into Jack Russel/Parsons Russel terriers. Not quite suited for the average family looking for a family dog - better for the family with the ADD hyperactive kids who have more energy than they know what to do with. Sonic would have been a perfect dog for me as a kid. :D

manyhorsesmane
June 13th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but they say that people sometimes pick dogs that resemble themselves, even if it's unconscious.

Perhaps I was meant to be a Poodle Person, way back when I had my first Spiral Perm...I dunno, what'dya think?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=261&pictureid=14739

nicolezoie
June 14th, 2008, 08:29 AM
You should see pics of my sister circa mid-80s when we got Brandy. She picked him out, and there's an awfully funny picture of her with a spiral perm sitting next to her curly-haired puppy. The resemblence is uncanny. :D

Perhaps I was meant to be a Poodle Person, way back when I had my first Spiral Perm...I dunno, what'dya think?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=261&pictureid=14739

morgwn
June 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Funny, but your comment, Nicolezoie, brought to mind something that I have noticed before a number of times: often, dogs look somewhat like their owners (or vice versa). For example, I've often seen very posh city-like people with dogs such as well-groomed Poodles or Shih Tzus or other such dogs; farmers have English Sheepdogs or Collies, which look like working dogs; the 'countryside' people have German Shepherds or English or Irish Setters.... There are, of course, exceptions to this, but it's just something which I've noticed is often the case.

somethingwicked
June 16th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hotrag, your dog is beautiful! I'm ashamed to admit it, but I never knew there were red and white setters like that. I started on the last page of this thread, now I can't wait to go through the rest of them and see everyone elses dogs.

My mother and I are dog/horse people to the core -
Dachsie - 8 year old mini dachshund (creative name, right?!)
Bernie - 8 year old Jack Russell
Snark - 4 year old sable and white rough Collie
Billie - 3 year old Toy Poodle
Preacher - 1 year old Blue Heeler
Bacon - 8 month old Feist/JRT mix

eresh
June 18th, 2008, 06:36 AM

Haha I know what you mean, ours never left my side when I was little :-D

zanne
June 22nd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Meet Dawg E Dawg, Master of the Universe, Creator of All Good Things

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm24/zanne1327/DSCF1079.jpg

He wishes to be a long haired breed, but, alas, fate decreed otherwise

nissamholtz
June 22nd, 2008, 10:54 AM
I love dogs, but have none at the moment. I really enjoy visiting my folks and taking their dogs for walks in the forest.

froglet
June 22nd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Meet Dawg E Dawg, Master of the Universe, Creator of All Good Things

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm24/zanne1327/DSCF1079.jpg

He wishes to be a long haired breed, but, alas, fate decreed otherwise

I voted "dogless but love them".
When I get an urge to pet a doggie, I go over to zanne's and pet Dawg E. Dawg, who is truly big enough to be three dogs worth of pettings!

laughter777
June 24th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I love all the animals but if I could only have one pet, it would be a dog.

I have 2 dogs an American Pit Bull Terrier and a Rat Terrier. I to love all animals, but would get around the whole 1 pet thing because my dogs aren't pets they are workers move cows and hunt mice in the barn, the horses are workers again moving cows, cows are workers mowing the grass and providing food, goats are workers provide milk, chickens are workers provide eggs and meat, only one that isn't a worker would be the donkey...although she gaurds the goats so I guess that makes a her a worker too! My only pet by these standards is a Green Wing Macaw

StillAHulaGirl
June 28th, 2008, 06:23 PM
great pyrenees that outweighs me, a golden retreiver, and 6 or so cats for the time being. lol I foster them.

Gumball
July 1st, 2008, 12:07 AM
I love dogs and really want to get one someday so there's definitely a connection there! I think they're so much fun especially when you get one that has both that playful side and that "yeah buddy let's relax!" side. Ah sheesh. Woe is me for the dogless life I lead. :)

Henrietta
September 20th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I do have a dog. Or... my parents have :D But still.

twoLs118
September 20th, 2012, 07:45 AM
ME ME ME!!! :joy: I have a chocolate lab mix who is going to be 4 this coming winter.... I am a HUGEEEE dog lover!!!

lazuliblue
September 20th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I have a rescued Yorkie X who is about 10 years old (and still acts like she's a teen!) and a 7 month old chihuahua :)

longforthis
September 20th, 2012, 07:51 AM
I have a little Shih Tzu named Asa. :3 He has 2c hair. LOL

He's such a grumpy little man..later I'll try and post a picture. xD

browneyedsusan
September 20th, 2012, 07:56 AM
3 rescued dogs: 2 pitties and a lab mix. All lovely animals:D

Elanadi
September 20th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Two retired racing greyhounds, a rescue Chinese Crested, and usually a special needs longer term foster greyhound (broken legs or spooks, my favs.) One of my spook fosters is coming for a weekend visit Saturday, I am SOOOOOO excited!!!

gthlvrmx
September 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM
i want my babies backk :( we had 2 dogs that were my best friends but they passed away. the lab got really depressed when princes, our first dog, died. so they died about a year apart, he got more sick after the depression hit. i still miss them a lot, i dont think ive gotten fully over their deaths, i really connected with them. and im saying this because we have two new guys and were thinking of getting another one! a white german shepard! :D ill post pictures of all my doggies here on lhc once we can again XD

but yeah a longhair here with dogs and it rocks!! :D:D dogs are le best ;)
i say i dont like cats, but get me next to any animal and ill be amazed and wanna be best friends with them XD

Tisiloves
September 20th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Two retired racing greyhounds, a rescue Chinese Crested, and usually a special needs longer term foster greyhound (broken legs or spooks, my favs.) One of my spook fosters is coming for a weekend visit Saturday, I am SOOOOOO excited!!!

Aww, I love greyhounds and their own very special brand of mental.

Tapioca
September 21st, 2012, 10:29 AM
I love dogs, but I live in an apartment that is small-pet only. But I love all of my friends and family's dogs. One of my parents' dogs will cry when she hears my voice. Mom says she only does that with me.
Overall, though... I gotta be me. The crazy rat lady. Love my critters.

moxamoll
September 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM
We have a Black Russian Terrier named Ursa who we adore. Getting her a little brother is definitely in the plans!

Wiggy Stardust
September 21st, 2012, 11:15 AM
I guess cat people and dog people will never understand each other.:confused: :shrug: I think alot of it is a person's personality which determines what kind of pet they choose to have. Some people like a dog running up to them barking so loudly it hurts the ears, and slobbering, and acting hyper, and jumping all over them. Not me. That kind of behavior irritates me to no end.

I just love cats. It's part of my personality. :) If my kitty jumps onto my lap, I love that. She settles onto my lap purring, sweet and calm. She has a sweet little "meow" which doesn't bother me in the least. She has an adorable little "meow". A cat meowing never bothers me. It's nothing like the irritation of a barking dog.
When I hold my kitty she sometimes lays her head on my shoulder purring away as I pet her.:)
Whoa, that's a lot of generalization. I always thought "cat people" and "dog people" as two distinct classes of humanity was a cartoon thing. There are people who like cats, there are people who like dogs, some hate either species, some love both. My grandma HATES both, for magically different reasons (she hates cats for being like cats, and dogs for being like dogs. She is a bird person and spends hours talking to our birdy).

I love cats and dogs equally, but in different ways. I like how cats don't depend on my love but enjoy it, on their terms. I am mostly like a cat in this way. Cuddly, lazy, and loving when I want to be, but don't irritate me. I can also be a bit cold like a kitty, but cat people don't take a cat's cold shoulder seriously because they know cats have to feel independent and self-important so they exaggerate their annoyance anyway.

I love how clingy dogs are. Their love is a lot more show-offy and with practically no dignity, kinda like my boyfriend. Interestingly, he is a tiny bit more loving of cats, and I'm a tiny bit bigger fan of dogs. Ultimately to us, everything with paws and fur gets a pettin'.

Dogs and cats come in varieties. Ragdolls might be more agreeable than some other breeds, black kitties purr more IMO, and a lot of really lean cats I see are more energetic and less cuddly. Dogs vary from jumping barking Huskies (you really gotta walk those dogs a lot) to chill lapdogs, to somewhere in between. I've met cats who ran to you to greet you, I met dogs who get grouchy when you pet them too long.

I don't really see how being who you are has anything to do with loving cats. You love cats. Being XYZ is not a pre-requisite for loving cats. Some dog lovers are (I'm going off the cat loving stereotype, not at all saying you are this) old ladies who poo-poo at nearly everything and have tea parties with themselves. In fact, a lot are. Granted, they usually have Yorkies or mini-poodles... And my most extroverted friend LOVES cats. Dogs bother him, despite the fact that he has a lot of the traits of one (LETS BE FRIENDS YOU'RE MY FRIEND NOW being one of them). He likes cats because they are what he considers cleaner and neater, and some people disagree... I think I agree on the cleaner part, but like Pulp Fiction says, dogs are dirty animals that got personality. Personality goes a long way with me. :D

To answer the question, I still got neither but get plenty of love from my boyfriend's cocker spaniel and yorkie. I can't even say which of the two I prefer - the yorkie is a bit of cat, really; and the spaniel is your typical dog. Interestingly, the first thing we're springing for after moving in isn't a part of the debate at all... Its a bunny! Now that loving timid and litter trained species we love above all. :)

Clytemnestra
September 21st, 2012, 12:18 PM
I'd have a pack of them if I could, but due to job I only have one, a rescue spaniel with a ton of issues that we are working together on, but I love her to pieces. Come to think of it, Artemis accompanied by her dogs has always been one of my fave Greek Goddess' in literature, anyways...

Pumpkin
September 23rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
Love dogs...always have! Currently, I have a rescue dog...Lily. Best dog, ever!! LOL

CarpeDM
September 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
<------I love my Pom Pom!

Shepherdess
September 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
We have two dogs. My dog is a beautiful german shepherd mix with long fluffy fur! :crush:

hairconvictions
September 23rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
I love dogs! :) My DH and I have been looking into the different breeds so we can pick one that will be a good fit for us when we are out of the apartment. Rotties are winning so far <3

AcornMystic
September 23rd, 2012, 02:52 PM
I am dogless at present. My room-mate has a dog who at one point insisted was mine (I think because he didn't want the responsibility of having to feed her and take her outside) telling me she loves me more she sleeps with me (yes, she sleeps in bed with me every night) and she does look to me as her guardian. Even our friends got tired of us bickering. I told him she would be my dog when it was on paper. After I mentioned who pays for her dog food he smartened up and started calling her his dog, and is going to start buying her food now. As much as I would love to have his little jack russell sweety he clearly doesn't want to part with owning her and I needed to be sure.

I am very passionate about dogs, so much so I can more often than not identify a breed on the street etc. and know some of the health problems that befall those breeds, general temperaments etc. I grew up with mostly cats and 1 dog, and one cat in particular that was mine who I will treasure in my heart forever as being a source of inspiration and comfort for me. My sister... Zebby. I am a dog person at heart though. I love the pack mentality of dogs and how sociable they are in that way. If I had the choice I would live out in the country with at least half a dozen dogs and go hunting with them, living off the land, and just being a part of a pack and living a good life with them... and my husband of course >.> .. <.< hahaha. Anyways.. right now it's mostly just a matter of financial priorities and that we already have 3 animals. I took in a stray who my husband fell in love with when he'd visit and I was still rooming at my sister's. He would come to the back patio to be fed. My sis didn't want him, I wouldn't let him go to the pound, so I took him in. He's kinda a meany to me now though... >.> lol Def. my hubby's cat. We have another cat that my roommate took in from his mom's friend because she couldn't keep hers. Then his dog.

That kinda went into a bit of a story, but basically.. yes, I love long hair, and I love dogs and when my husband is finally up here in Canada and we have a place of our own I plan on having quite a few.:D:puppy:

ArienEllariel
September 23rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
I love doggies but not as much since I found out I'm really allergic. My parents have one... I consider her mine but if I moved out, she'd be staying with them. The cat however, will go with me. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
I voted that I am not a dog person - I did own a dog for several years but I am really more of a cat person, have always had cats.

Was bitten by a large dog as a child so that may have had some influence.

melusine963
September 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'm a cat person, but I like dogs very much. I have no plans to ever own one, but I'm always happy to fawn over other peoples' dogs.

ositarosita
August 22nd, 2013, 09:24 PM
I have 5 dogs at the moment. A mini Schnauzer Goyo he just turned 2 months, a Bullterrier Penny (Monkey), a pugle Francisca (Cheetah), German Short Haired Pointer Cooper, and a border collie/ Australian shepherd Boo Bear (BugaBoo)

Thinthondiel
August 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
I can't have a dog where I live now, and my financial situation doesn't allow for it either, but I absolutely adore dogs. I want a Bernese Mountain Dog sometime, and maybe a Norwegian Lundehund. The Lundehund is a bit smaller than what I'd normally prefer (I love big dogs), but all Norwegian dog breeds except the Norwegian Elkhound are threatened due to lack of popularity, so I want to get one of those and help with the breeding, and I find the Lundehund the most interesting of the Norwegian breeds. It has six toes on each foot, it can bend its head backwards until the top of its head rests on its back, and it can spread its forelegs 90 degrees out from its body (kind of like a human spreading its arms). I think it would be sad if such a unique dog breed were to die out.

I don't know if my answer is worth much in terms of the connection between long hair and dogs, though, since I like changing my hair up and have a pixie at the moment. ;) I do prefer longer hair, though, but I need change every now and then.

Leeloo
August 22nd, 2013, 10:31 PM
I have a doggie! :puppykisses:

Winry
August 22nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
I grew up with my black toy poodle. We got him when I was six years old, he passed this June two weeks before I turned 21. I have never been so heartbroken. My family has realized that we literally CANNOT function without a dog in the house, so this year at around Christmas, we'll be purchasing a Coton De Tulear girl! I'm so excited and happy and I'm already planning our companionship. My Blacky (poodle) crossed the ocean over 10 times with my family. He's seen most of Europe and has moved around the US with us. I plan to have the same experience with our new pup as well. I think I'll call her Sophie!

jacqueline101
August 23rd, 2013, 11:46 AM
I have a pit bull and only one.

NuclearApple
August 23rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
I have a dog,her name is chanel but it doesn't really match with her,that stupid woman that had her previously called her this way :(
I love her,she's so sweet :o except when she steals pillows and other stuff and bites my hair when is down xD doesn't matter <3
I forgot,she's a labrador retriever.

patienceneeded
August 23rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
I have a German Shepherd named Buddy. He's my big boy!

browneyedsusan
August 27th, 2013, 05:40 AM
3 rescues:
Pitbull, pit mix, lab mix. They are loved.

AmyBeth
August 27th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I have a 12yr old female chocolate lab named Jazz, and an 8yr old male beagle named Jake. Both were rescues. They are our kids now that we're empty nesters.

Foxylocks
August 28th, 2013, 04:49 PM
I have one dog, and I like him, but I strongly prefer cats to all other animals. I wish I could have voted "Not really a dog person" and "I have at least one dog".

0xalis
August 30th, 2013, 10:54 PM
We had a belgian shepard from when I was 1 until July of last year. I miss him... but then we got Lobo! He's the cutest thing to walk this earth. He's a keeshond [wolfspitz]. My hair's not particularly long atm but I'm getting there.

veryhairyfairy
August 31st, 2013, 07:48 AM
I voted "Love me a goggie, but currently dogless". I've actually only had one dog in my life that was 'mine', but I get to live with four dogs thanks to my family!

höpönasu
August 31st, 2013, 02:10 PM
I have two dogs and two bunnies!
:puppykisses: :bunny:

luster
August 31st, 2013, 04:52 PM
People often tell me I look like my poodle, Romeo.

teddygirl
August 31st, 2013, 06:21 PM
I have two, a little brown mini dachshund x pug, and my humane society mutt :)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/182032_10150092298483123_4718575_n.jpg