PDA

View Full Version : Hedbanging damages hair?

Bller
July 2nd, 2010, 04:58 AM
Is it true that headbanging like in metal music dancing can hurt the root of the hair ? :rolleyes::o

Heavenly Locks
July 2nd, 2010, 05:14 AM
I don't see how flinging the hair can hurt the root or scalp. :hmm:

The only thing I can see is that it would cause severe tangling which can lead to damage of the hair shaft from the knots, getting caught on things, and the subsequent detangling process etc.

I compare it to having your hair loose and then being whipped about in heavy winds...

Dragon
July 2nd, 2010, 05:46 AM
Agree with above.

Bller
July 2nd, 2010, 06:18 AM
I thought that the constant pulling when the hair is banged in front, till it`s topped by the scalp holding them, and that motion would cause some problems.
But thanks :):cheese:

Dreams_in_Pink
July 2nd, 2010, 06:19 AM
I think the action might even nourish the roots, as blood would rush to the scalp while headbanging ;)

DARKMARTIAN
July 2nd, 2010, 06:30 AM
Im living proof that theres nothing to worry about.......so bang away!!!

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/headbanger.gifhttp://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/rocker.gif

Gnomentum
July 2nd, 2010, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't think so, I never noticed any problems when I was regularly headbanging but then I wasn't looking for it.

However - a cautionary tale.. a good friend of mine got hair (not sure if it was his own or someone else's) wrapped around his eyeball while headbanging and ended up with multiple surgeries and a permanent squinty eye. So if it's getting wild in there keep your eyes closed!

No... that's not an urban myth.. I knew the guy pretty well.. you'd probably have to be pretty unlucky for that to happen, but it certainly made me take a bit more care especially back in the days when proper long haired rockers were a lot more common!

Loreley
July 2nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
I agree with Heavenly Locks. It may demage the ends, but not the roots in my opinion. :)