PDA

View Full Version : ideas on repairing beached hair

VitaR86
July 2nd, 2010, 02:10 AM
My best friend has bleached blond hair. Her starting color was black and virgin and needed to be bleached 4 times in order to be a decent shade. Plus it needed a toner. So, of course her hair is pretty damaged.

About a month ago I added some peeka boo highlights to my own hair. The bleach damaged my hair too, but after just two treatments of conditioner and coconut oil and my normal hair care routine, my hair was back to normal.

I've tried the same treatments on her hair with very little success. So I was wondering if any other LHCers had any tips for her. We are having a girls night this weekend. Hair, nails makeup... the whole nine... So I was hoping to find something to help her out by then.

Her hair type is 1a coarse BSL

Thanks in advance.

Dragon
July 2nd, 2010, 02:22 AM
A deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner, Leave in conditioner, weekly or twice weekly coconut oil treatments and using jojoba oil on the ends of the hair daily.

VitaR86
July 2nd, 2010, 03:46 AM
hmm, what do you think if I mixed coconut and jojoba oils together?

Katze
July 2nd, 2010, 04:42 AM
well, you can't undo the damage done. Once the hair shafts have been opened by the bleach they are going to stay like that until the individual hairs fall or grow out.

I am a recovering bleach head (bleach, dye, highlights, streaks...) and finally found that for me, going back to natural was the best way to go. Only 'small' amounts of bleach or 'subtle highlights' were not enough for me - I always wanted to be lighter/brighter/blonder so after 2 + decades of doing this I quit.

While i was growing out regular (weekly) SMTs really helped improve the texture of the bleached bits. Trimming is of course always an option, though I was not willing to cut short and start from scratch.

Definitely coconut, shea, leave-in conditioners, and other things can help moisturize bleached or otherwise damaged hair. But nothing will 'repair' it - that is a marketing lie.

hth!

Desideira
July 2nd, 2010, 05:43 AM
I dye my ahir two shades lighter then my natural and in the apst i destroyed my hair with continius colroing. So maybe i can advice something form my own exprerience

I guess haiving hair bleached several time is a trauma for hair.

The hair need protein and to be covered witrh som kind of film that will crerate portective barier to prevent snaping and breaking.
In that case woudl give silicones a go becsue they seem to work for heavy dyed hair.

Bakc in the past when my hair was fryed with colroing 4 or 5 years ago i was using and had a great results with:
( I am only mentioning what I was using and was satisfied with i am not suggestiong that its necessary or antyhing like that:):cheese:)

1.Mask made of two eggs yolks and 2 spoon of oil of your choice

2.oiling hair before washing

3.Kerastase cimnet ani usure. this conditoner prevent breraking and fallinfg of hair. It makes it soft and easy to comb.

4. chi infra shampoo. Makes hair strong, rich in silk and protein.

5. concentrated doses of kerastase or matrix biolage under the steam (in hot bath or sauna)

6. wearing hair up and combing, brushing as little as possible.

Joliebaby
July 2nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
Lots of protein and lots of moisture (oiling and misting and SMT's) will help the hair a little bit. Regular trimming is probably necessary as well or it will just break off.