PDA

View Full Version : Over half the year is gone... how's your progress?

countryhopper
July 1st, 2010, 11:37 PM
At the beginning of the year, there was a thread on what you calculated your length to be at the end of this year. We are now in July! :cheese:

Do you think your prediction will be accurate? Will you reach your end of the year goal? Do you care to change your estimate?

I started off the year above APL (I think at the time of that thread my hair was about 19''), and estimated that by December 2010 my hair would be between APL and BSL.

I'm about 4 inches away from BSL now, but I've been having good growth the past few months, so by December I hope to reach BSL!

ETA: I just remeasured my hair. I seem to get about one inch a month, on a "bad" month I get half an inch. So I hope to get four inches in 4-8 months (hoping for 4!) :D

Barniie
July 1st, 2010, 11:42 PM
Seems like we have the same distance to go! I started at my shoulders, and I have 7 centimetres to BSL now (2.7 inches, so more like 3) This should take me less than six months! Woo for fast hair growth!! :D

countryhopper
July 1st, 2010, 11:55 PM
That's great, Barniie! BSL for me is about 25''. I have it specially marked on my measuring tape :D.

I'm going to continue massaging my scalp, preening, gently pulling my hair, and eating more whole grains and other healthy things to boost my growth as much as possible!

littleflowerr
July 2nd, 2010, 01:16 AM
I started with a little under shoulder length, end of the year goal would be bsl for me as well! *crosses finger* ~happy growing :)

Svenja
July 2nd, 2010, 01:17 AM
In October 2009 I started with 15 inches. At my last measure-in in the beginning of June I was at 22.8 inches, last week I found out I reached APL! I haven't measured it yet though. I should reach BSL by the end of the year.

drquartz1970
July 2nd, 2010, 03:43 AM
I'm expecting to achieve mid back length or what you ladies may refer to as BSL by Xmas. That would be around 45cm long or 18 inches. My hair is relatively predictable and grows generally at a uniform 1/2 inch a month, though last month it did 1 inch! Since first growing it out 28 months ago it has achieved it's expected length around the dates worked out.

Amelia
July 2nd, 2010, 03:43 AM
I really can't complain :) Don't know how much I had in the begin of the year, but i know how much I had when i joined the forum. It's been a steady grow, with some surprises, especially after taking hair vitamins. I got extra growth in May/June thanks to Biotin & LdĒ.

I think before the end of the year I'll reach BSL (my prediction is October) and in December I might be over BSL (not stretched, yeah, curly hair here).

freckles
July 2nd, 2010, 03:45 AM
I had said in that thread that I wanted to hit waist this year ... and I just did. :D

Pumpkin
July 2nd, 2010, 05:27 AM
On average, my hair grows a half an inch per month. So, I hope to reach the top of my brastrap by December!! Yippy...then, on to waist. :cheese:

RavennaNight
July 2nd, 2010, 05:43 AM
Ugh. Did you have to remind me how fast this year has already moved? :thud:

:lol:

Yeah, I'll be at tailbone around January. I'm about 3 inches away from that. If not January then February. But being at 33.5 now I should grow another 3 in six months. So yeah, I'll hit goal.

Dragon
July 2nd, 2010, 05:57 AM
I dont set a time to achieve my goal because I will be angry with my self if I dont get there by then. Instead I just wait and let it grow.

alwayssmiling
July 2nd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Actually, I have surprised myself since January. I started the year at 16"ish. I thought it would be Spring 2011 before I reach BSL but I'm growing much faster than I realised. Now I have got my breakage under control (thanks to this website) I seem to be getting 1" each month (hoping its not just Summer growth). I should be at APL by the end of September then (fingers crossed) BSL by Christmas.

I never knew I was a fast grower until I started caring for my hair properly!

Gabriel
July 2nd, 2010, 07:08 AM
I got a trim this past January 02 that left my length at 35 inches. It had been 37 inches before the trim.

I predicted I'd be classic length by the end of this year. I think I'll make it easily since my progress is 38.25 inches so far. I'm growing a little over a half inch a month so pretty average.

(( Classic is around 40-41 inches on me cause I'm short (five foot, three inches) and short waisted. ))

BattahZ
July 2nd, 2010, 08:01 AM
Stretched, I think I should make BSL by the end of the summer. Unstretched... maybe by Christmas if I keep having the great growth I'm having now, but more likely by early next year.

LILBERT
July 2nd, 2010, 09:00 AM
These 6 months have been frustrating because i havent actually gained any length. Ive been trimming all my length to try and grow my layers out. While my layers have made significant progress, they havent grown out yet. But i try to focus on the fact that i have managed to grow the shortest ones from jaw to shoulder. And my bangs from cheekbone to jaw. But length is still APL :( The next few months though, ive decided to grow it untill BSL and then continue the trimming out layers and maintain there, so i dont get too discouraged.

Kristin
July 2nd, 2010, 10:01 AM
I started just above BSL, now I'm in the mid-back abyss, every month thinking I will hit waist. I have pretty slow-growing hair (in my opinion- other people think it grows fast) so I'm still happy with my progress. Barring disaster, I should hit waist no later than fall and be waist +1" or so by the end of the year.

longforhim
July 2nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
I'm still hoping to reach waist in march. I'm trying to stretch my trims to every 6 months instead of every 4 months. My hair seems to be on a good growth spurt now so I'm trying to leave it alone and let it do its thing :)

restourceful
July 2nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
I started the year just a tad below BSL. I hit waist in May. I trimmed half an inch in June and am already below waist again. My plan is to remain at waist until I can trim some of my longest, thinnest layers away, then on to hip. I hope to begin that journey by or before January.

kristymarie87
July 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
I'm hoping to be APL by xmas - im at shoulder/collarbone length now.

Its grown about an 2 inches since april but i have had a good few trims so only an inch difference in length.

Lately though it feels thicker all of a sudden. I changed my shampoo to herbal.e beautiful ends and conditioner to but i've had to cut back on the conditioner as its making my hair quite greasy.

I'm noticing the thickness more when its wet, the hair itself just feels different. Thicker, smoother and different! I must be doing something good :D Straightening down to once or twice per week, air drying most nights.....

Grow!

Cholera
July 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
I started out just a little bit below APL, then got a trim in February to pretty much exactly APL. Since then I've grown probably 2", and am now about 1" or maybe 1.5" from BSL. Being short really makes the milestones fly by.

chipzahoy
July 2nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
I started off the new year with an angled bob where the long front layers were somewhere around halfway to my chin (I can't quite remember), now they are flipping at my collarbone. I can't really tell where they'll be in another half year!

redneckprincess
July 2nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
Well I have 0 length progress this year because of trimming, BUT my layers are ALMOST evened up. I an (have been since Mid-May) am now on a 1 year no trimming so I will be lucky to be close to BSL by the end of the year when stretched I'm thinking...only time will tell...

JenniferNoel
July 2nd, 2010, 09:16 PM
Since January, I've exceeded expectations, I trimmed plenty inches off to rid some damage but I still gained more than expected. About two inches above APL in January probably, and now it's an inch below BSL on my lowest fitting bra, five inches from waist.
I will, repeat will be at waist before 2011. :D

Purdy Bear
July 3rd, 2010, 02:17 AM
At the beginning of the year, I had no hair growth for about 6 years, I did have some patches (very sparce) of hair and no eyelashes due to Alopecia Areata/Univarlis.

Now I have some eyelashes, and definate white fine hair regrowth in some patches. Iv also begun to see a few dark hairs beginning to come through. Iv also noticed more leg hair and better growth under the arms.

So a BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THANK YOU to the LHC!

PS: I forgot, Iv also got good facial hair coverage.

julliams
July 3rd, 2010, 02:39 AM
Here's mine. I had it cut in March and I've calculated I had 2 inches cut off. My growth with my trim has been 2" so it would have really been more like 4" if I hadn't cut. Looks a bit pathetic for 6 months worth - oh well.

Here are the pics for comparison:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4062/4662588699_a8473ef05f.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4076/4756537623_6bdf3af1c6.jpg

Gnomentum
July 3rd, 2010, 05:07 AM
Picture 1: Length on the 11th April, 2010 when I first started posting - 31"
Picture 2: Length today, 3rd July 2010 - 32 3/4"

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5798&pictureid=75766 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5798&pictureid=75840

So not a huge amount of growth compared to some, but microtrims have made my hemline a lot more even and fuller - and I have learned SOOOOO much!

FrannyG
July 3rd, 2010, 05:24 AM
While I have had a lot of overall growth, I did trim to a u-shape from a v-shape, so I lost 2 inches there of total length, although the sides were untouched. My net growth in 6 months has only been about an inch and a half. I'm much happier with my hemline though, and I'm getting closer and closer to getting rid of the dye damage that I did 2 years ago.

All in all, I'm pleased. While I wish I had more length, I really do care more about quality than quantity.

DiablitaNoir
July 3rd, 2010, 06:24 AM
Hello all...I'm new here so I will de-lurk myself as well as post progress! :) I've been growing my hair since May '08, which was the last time I got a trim. It was about 14.5" (chin length) and just this past January it was about a couple of inches below APL. Now I'm at BSL on a low-fitting bra, which is 28" on me when I stretch it out a little. My short term goal is waist length, which I'm expecting to hit by December at the rate I'm going (about 2 - 3" below where I'm at now). My ultimate goal is 43" unstretched...I wanna be able to sit on it! ;)

loralie
July 3rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Just measured for the first time in months.

Started in January around 16 inches, which is just past shoulder length for me. Right now I'm sitting at 23, which is about an inch or so past APL.

BSL is 26 inches
Waist is 31 inches

So if I did 7 inches in 6 months, hopefully I can do another 7 and be just about waist by the end of the year!!! Here's hoping!! :)

Congrats everybody on your progress!! :flowers:

IcarusBride
July 4th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I only started measuring my hair at the end of February, and so far (after 2 trims of .25-.5 " each) have gained 3 inches this year.

katha
July 4th, 2010, 05:46 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4307&pictureid=75910

Not much growth, but better quality. :)

jackiesjottings
July 6th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I wasn't here at the beginning of the year :(( But I was hoping for classic by the end of the year and I might just get there :)