PDA

View Full Version : First ever CO and overprocessed locks

LouLaLa
July 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM
Hi guys

Im pretty new here and after reading the CO thread I just wanted to say WOW my hair feel amazing!

I know that some have had problems with their hair going lank, and its only my first go but im hoping my hair will respond well to this new method of cleansing. I have naturally poker straight hair and since recently throwing all my hair dye away ive been trying to grow out the over processed end and get back to sleek virgin hair with a little effort and patience! Is anyone else trying to give up the dye bottle? Its worse than lent!

Is there anything else I can do to get rid of overprocessing, does anyone have any experiences?

A tip of mine is to dip the ends in water or leave in conditioner as that way the draw up less dye but you still get a uniform colour instead of many different shades of regrowth.

Thanks guys :)

kdaniels8811
July 1st, 2010, 02:43 PM
Hey, welcome to LHC! You will find tons of information and tips to grow long, beautiful hair. Congrats on giving up the dye, it is difficult. There are herbal - non damaging dyes - on this site. If you are going for red, henna is great. Brown? Hendigo - a combination of henna and indigo. Blonde? While it will not bleach, cassia is a great way to keep blond hair in good condition. Lots to read, feel free to ask lots of questions and we are glad to have you.