PDA

View Full Version : Scalp pain in the back

Bller
July 1st, 2010, 03:30 AM
I started feeling a bit of pain in the back of my head. When i press that region it hurts a bit, and it would hurt badder if i was to put all my hair in a ponytail again. I didn`t exaggerate with the ponytail tightness or anything, but it just hurts, combing that region hurts too. This is not all the time, when the hair gets greasy and i try to put my hair back, it hurts like hell, but when it`s clean, it doesn`t hurt that bad. What could it be?

Barniie
July 1st, 2010, 03:35 AM
Ooh ive had that before, its painful! Sorry, just though it would pacify you to know your now alone!

Bller
July 1st, 2010, 03:38 AM
Ooh ive had that before, its painful! Sorry, just though it would pacify you to know your now alone!

Does that pain could cause any problems to my hair, like, shedding that region or something? I don`t give a flying bird on the pain, i just need to know my hair is safe :)). Oh and how did that pain go away and for how long did you feel it before it
gone away, or what did you do to get rid of it ?

Thanks for the support ! :)

DARKMARTIAN
July 1st, 2010, 03:39 AM
Do you sleep with your hair in the ponytail? If so then it could just be getting sensitive in that region. If you dont then.......umm maybe its just that your skin has a certain reaction when the hair gets greasy....

Ive gotten ponytail headaches before but I dont think thats what you are referring to here.

Bller
July 1st, 2010, 03:46 AM
Do you sleep with your hair in the ponytail? If so then it could just be getting sensitive in that region. If you dont then.......umm maybe its just that your skin has a certain reaction when the hair gets greasy....

Ive gotten ponytail headaches before but I dont think thats what you are referring to here.

No, i try to keep the hair as out of my way as possible when i sleep, and don`t sit on it, but what i think is the problem is that most of the day i keep it in a ponytail, and i guess that pain is caused by the position of the hair restrained, and when it`s loose it starts to hurt `cose it`s used to be in another position all the time. I`m trying as hard as possible not to tie it, but my parents do have a thing or two to complain about when i keep it down. So for the sake of it, i`m keeping it tied even when i`m in the house, and i guess it`s damaging it. I hate it when parents get in your way in these kind of situations. Thank god i have only 1 more exam and i`m off to college ! :))

DARKMARTIAN
July 1st, 2010, 03:58 AM
No, i try to keep the hair as out of my way as possible when i sleep, and don`t sit on it, but what i think is the problem is that most of the day i keep it in a ponytail, and i guess that pain is caused by the position of the hair restrained, and when it`s loose it starts to hurt `cose it`s used to be in another position all the time. I`m trying as hard as possible not to tie it, but my parents do have a thing or two to complain about when i keep it down. So for the sake of it, i`m keeping it tied even when i`m in the house, and i guess it`s damaging it. I hate it when parents get in your way in these kind of situations. Thank god i have only 1 more exam and i`m off to college ! :))

I certainly went through that also. And not just with my parents. When I am at home I always have it tied. But when I go out I always let it down. I have this tendency to open the hair tie so wide when putting it in that I snap them alot. I just dont wanna get any stray hairs caught where they shouldnt be. If there is one thing I hate, its taking out a hair band and seeing several hairs twisted around it.....oooooooo that gets under my skin!!....:p

Bller
July 1st, 2010, 04:02 AM
I certainly went through that also. And not just with my parents. When I am at home I always have it tied. But when I go out I always let it down. I have this tendency to open the hair tie so wide when putting it in that I snap them alot. I just dont wanna get any stray hairs caught where they shouldnt be. If there is one thing I hate, its taking out a hair band and seeing several hairs twisted around it.....oooooooo that gets under my skin!!....:p

Weird enough, i only get those snapped hairs into my hair band, when i tie it messed up, i mean when i don`t comb it nice before i tie it. That`s when i snap some hair too, and yeah, it can be a pain in the ... :cheese:

In2wishin
July 1st, 2010, 08:00 AM
Bller: You might want to try a slightly loose braid instead of a ponytail. Don't use an elastic to tie the ponytail first, just braid without pulling it tight and use an elastic at the bottom. This may take some of the strain off the back of the head and keep your hair restrained too.

misstwist
July 1st, 2010, 08:12 AM
Bller: You might want to try a slightly loose braid instead of a ponytail. Don't use an elastic to tie the ponytail first, just braid without pulling it tight and use an elastic at the bottom. This may take some of the strain off the back of the head and keep your hair restrained too.

This is excellent advice.

I would add that I only get that kind of scalp pain when I have gone longer than my usual wash cycle, that is, longer than seven days between washes. I take it as a sign that I really do need to wash my hair.

I have seen that a few other people around here have some scalp pain near wash time.

If that is you in your avatar it looks like your hair is long enough to do quite a few things with beyond a ponytail and braiding. You might want to spend some time looking around for new styles to try. Look in the articles section first.

Bller
July 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM
This is excellent advice.

I would add that I only get that kind of scalp pain when I have gone longer than my usual wash cycle, that is, longer than seven days between washes. I take it as a sign that I really do need to wash my hair.

I have seen that a few other people around here have some scalp pain near wash time.

If that is you in your avatar it looks like your hair is long enough to do quite a few things with beyond a ponytail and braiding. You might want to spend some time looking around for new styles to try. Look in the articles section first.

My arms are like falling, i`m trying for a few days to manage to braid it, with no luck, i just end up with a mess. The only thing i know is to ponytail and to semi bum it, in like starting off a ponytail, and locking the hair in two in the second twist, but that`s making my forehead hair to hurt. It`s like the weight of this semi bun is pulling my fron hair to the back and it hurts !. Also i think that the scalp pain is caused by not washing it. I wash mine at 3 or 4 days or sometimes a whole week. I know how to braid on anothers hair, but on mine i absolutely suck and kill my arms doing it. I`m afraid to ask my mother to braid it for me, she`ll probably have some sissors in the pocket and just waiting for me to ask her to help me out with my hair to manage to friggin` destroy it :confused:

Bller
July 1st, 2010, 08:21 AM
I`m at like BSL +- a few inches so yeah it could be styled, but being a man isn`t quite easy, i don`t have the patience nor the time to study and style my hair in something comfortable so i end up ponytailing it every time.