PDA

View Full Version : 1 year at LHC!

Rivanariko
July 1st, 2010, 02:35 AM
I can't believe I'm already making my anniversary post! It seems like just yesterday that I found this place and completely changed my perceptions on hair care and long hair. My hair went from something that I enjoyed but ignored, to something that I carefully cared for, and the difference shows. Thank you all for the amazing advice and support in this journey, and I can't wait to see what's next on the horizon.

And now, what everyone really wants in these posts, pictures!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Rivanariko/7-27-09002.jpg My first "official" length shot, taken about a month after I joined, July 27th, 2009. Hands are showing waist. I had started stretching washes about 2 weeks before this, and my hair was finally settling into that new routine. I think I also brushed it out for this picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Rivanariko/8-3-09aftertrim.jpg I trimmed off a bit a few days later, to get the ends even and healthy and try to get rid of the signs of neglect. I consider this my real "starting point" as far as growth is concerned. Hands again at waist. August 3rd.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Rivanariko/6-30-10006.jpg And tonight! I can't believe how much it's grown in just a year!
I haven't trimmed since March (I try to aim for around every 3 months, so I'm about due), but my trims have gotten much smaller now that I'm carefully maintaining my hair. My hair is completely virgin of dye, and I only used heat on it maybe 2 or 3 times a year before discovering LHC. Now it's never. The real difference, I think, came from learning to wear it up or back most of the time to avoid damage, not brushing to avoid ripping the tangles in my super-fine hair, and stretching washes to allow the natural oils to do their protective job. :)

I've gone from barely being able to braid to having a decent repertoire of updos at my disposal. There are also now almost as many pictures on my computer of hair as there are of horses.

Hoping for tailbone by Christmas, and fingers crossed for almost classic by next summer, since we're tentatively planning our wedding for then!

Thank you Thank you Thank you to everyone on this wonderful site!

Barniie
July 1st, 2010, 02:42 AM
Seeing as its july 1st here in aus, its my second month anniversary?? Wow, doesent seem like that long. I think after i reach waist, YOUR hair is my goal. I love it!!

Hotrox
July 1st, 2010, 03:08 AM
Beautiful hair, and great growth in just 1 year

Happy Anniversary too :D

little_acorn
July 1st, 2010, 03:10 AM
WOW happy anniversary and what gorgeous hair :D

Lemur_Catta
July 1st, 2010, 03:16 AM
Your hair is fantastic, I LOVE the color :D And it seems so smooth and soft.
It looked very good in the first picture too, so it seems that you took very good care of your hair even before LHC :)

Rivanariko
July 1st, 2010, 03:22 AM
Thank you everyone!

Lemur - I am eternally lazy when it comes to appearances. Most of the "benign neglect" rules that I learned on LHC I was already following. Coloring and styling were too much work. Main problem I had with my hair pre-LHC was that it had been that length for about... 5 years and wasn't getting longer.

Barniie
July 1st, 2010, 03:26 AM
Also, may I virtually pat your hair? Gorgeous!!! So smooth looking.

Rivanariko
July 1st, 2010, 03:29 AM
Also, may I virtually pat your hair? Gorgeous!!! So smooth looking. Haha! Yes you may. Thank you for asking :D

Jules diamond
July 1st, 2010, 03:29 AM
Tons of growth! Congrats!

Night_Kitten
July 1st, 2010, 03:47 AM
Happy anniversary! :D
Your hair is so beautiful, and what a growth in just a year!
With such growth rate I think you will get to classic by next August :)

Dragon
July 1st, 2010, 05:04 AM
Happy 1 year anniversary. Your hair is looking great.

Loreley
July 1st, 2010, 06:01 AM
Happy anniversary! :) Beautiful colour!

Medievalmaniac
July 1st, 2010, 06:50 AM
Congratulations! AWESOME growth, and it looks so healthy and shiny! :D

dropinthebucket
July 1st, 2010, 07:35 AM
Beautiful long, golden locks!! :) Now, that's my mental image of Rapunzel!

BattahZ
July 1st, 2010, 07:38 AM
Happy anniversary! That's some impressive growth - your hair looks great!

cindy58
July 1st, 2010, 07:42 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks great.

Pumpkin
July 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM
Your hair is simply gorgeous!! Happy growing and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!

Capybara
July 1st, 2010, 07:57 AM
WOW your hair has grown a lot this past year! Congratulations on your anniversary :cheese:

It looks so soft and shiny :crush:

serious
July 1st, 2010, 01:57 PM
Beautiful golden hair, so soft, silky and LONG!

Congratulations!

ericthegreat
July 1st, 2010, 01:59 PM
Congratulations on your first anniversary! I just had mine here a few weeks ago. I absolutely LOVE your natural color, you have the perfect combination of redhead/golden blond I have ever seen. People pay big money to get their hair dyed your color!

restourceful
July 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is stunning. I am completely in in awe. :agape:

halo_tightens
July 1st, 2010, 02:09 PM
Wow, happy anniversary to you!!! :cheer: :grouphug:

melikai
July 1st, 2010, 02:11 PM
Lovely hair - such an amazing colour, like a lion! Really great growth as well. Congratulations!

NorthernDancer
July 1st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Congrats on the anniversary and the awesome growth! Now I have hair envy.....

longforhim
July 1st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Your hair looks so healthy and pretty. It sure is growing fast!!!

christine1989
July 1st, 2010, 08:26 PM
Great progress and beautiful golden blonde color! :)

MicheleClaire
July 1st, 2010, 09:18 PM
I'm jealous! Gorgeous hair.

Peter
July 1st, 2010, 09:35 PM
Oh wow, you have amazing hair. :thud:

Jessica Trapp
July 1st, 2010, 09:36 PM
Love the photos! Happy anniversary.

PurpleAshes
July 1st, 2010, 10:03 PM
You have impressive hair ! :O

eschmi1
July 1st, 2010, 11:30 PM
Oh wow! Congratulations. Your hair is gorgeous ..:bowtome:

Rivanariko
July 2nd, 2010, 01:33 AM
Thank you so much everyone! I absolutely love the supportive community here, even for someone who doesn't post a whole lot like me! Learning about my hair and what it likes (stretching washes, cones, catnip) and what it doesn't (cone-free products of any kind, hard water, boar bristle brushes) has been so much fun. And considering I was pretty sure I was at terminal when I joined (was just hoping to improve the condition a little) I am absolutely AMAZED at the way it's growing!

And Eric, you totally made me blush! Thanks! :D

:love: