PDA

View Full Version : More sebum on one side?

nellreno
July 1st, 2010, 12:24 AM
I've been noticing lately that the left side of my scalp produces more sebum than my right. I clean both sides evenly, so it's not like the left side just never gets clean. As far as I've noticed I don't touch one side more than the other, I even sleep on my right side. So I'm not sure what's causing this. Has anyone had a similar problem and any ideas what to do about it? :confused:

Tiina
July 1st, 2010, 01:15 AM
My scalp produces sebum in a kind of mohawk or skunkstripe pattern. Less at the sides and most in the middle. And I wash my hair from nape to front. I guess it's just like sweat glands - some are more active than others e.g. your upper back sweats more than the lower back.

As for how to deal with it, you can move your part and maybe that will help cover it up. But as my mother once said; no one notices your hair more than you do. A little more sebumy left side is practically invisible. Especially since you have just lately started noticing yourself. :)

Henrietta
July 1st, 2010, 03:17 AM
I had this problem too. When I had a side part for a... year or so. Few days ago I changed it because I had to cover my self-cut-and-destroyed-fringe. But when I had the side part, it was on the left, my left side was always more oily than the right.