PDA

View Full Version : 2-texture hair - what do you do?

dropinthebucket
June 30th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Anyone else with two noticeable textures of hair? I have about six inches of virgin growth (hendigo over that) and the rest is previously dyed, highlighted, dyed again. The processed length is puffy and full and very nice, I have to say - the un-processed hair is thin and lank. There's a very noticeable difference now, like I have one person's hair to my ears, and someone else's from there down. The length loves oil, the re-growth hates it; the re-growth looks nice and puffy with cassia, the length hates it. What's a girl do to do? :shrug: All suggestions gratefully appreciated!

Joliebaby
June 30th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I'd use shampoo that is suitable for the hair closest to scalp, and then conditioner and oil for the more damaged lengths.

May
June 30th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I have doubled textured hair but it's not from regrowth it's actually different areas on my head. The hair near my crown and top of my head is coarser and curler 3a for sure. The hair underneath is finer and straighter 2b/c. It's really difficult when it comes to styling products because my hair craves moisture on the top but gets weighed down underneath. My solution is to use products for normal hair and to condition just the top and ends of my hair and if I add styling products or deep conditioners to just do the top and ends as well. When I use volumizing products I use them just at my roots. There's nothing wrong with targeting your hairtype ;) :pegasus: