PDA

View Full Version : shampoo cause straight hair

Dragon
June 30th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Does any one else find that there hair goes straighter when you wash your hair? And do you find it takes about a day or to before the curls come back?

Loreley
June 30th, 2010, 01:12 AM
My hair is always curlier after washing and it goes straighter the next day. :confused:

jera
June 30th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Does any one else find that there hair goes straighter when you wash your hair? And do you find it takes about a day or to before the curls come back?

No, I'm the opposite. My freshly washed hair becomes wavy as it dries. If I didn't wash the next day it would be very flat from sleeping, etc. My sleep postions flatten my hair like crazy. Or, make it stick up on end. My hair looks much better washed.:)

emmabovary
June 30th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Yes, if I use a shampoo instead of my normal CO, especially if it's an SLS one, my hair goes straighter and dry. That is, comparing to a CO. My hair will still be curlier than when I haven't washed it for a while.

Hotrox
June 30th, 2010, 01:22 AM
my hair is curlier after a wash - I think grease (nice!) and product build up weigh it down. After a wash is springs to life again. Literally.

Dreams_in_Pink
June 30th, 2010, 01:36 AM
my hair goes poofy after wash. As days go by, it goes curlier and length decreases :( That's why i wash more often than needed, it gives an optimistic view of length :D

*Aoife*
June 30th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I usually CO but I just used a wash in wash out colour with SLS. I had totally forgotten hot poofey my hair goes with shampoo. It is so weird!

Of course my hair is curlier after I wash it normally. Then I loose those curls the next day or whenever I put my hair up.