PDA

View Full Version : Am I seeing my true hairtype now??

ArienEllariel
June 30th, 2010, 12:19 AM
So I've been treating my hair gently and giving it lots of good things for the past 6 months or so. I just now noticed that the healthy new growth I'm getting is soft and very slippery fine. I knew I had fine hair before but it's never been the "slippery fine" that I see a lot of people mentioning that they have on the forums here. Could it be that since my hair was always damaged from as far back as I can remember that I never knew my true texture? I'm kind of excited! :D What do you think?

Katze
June 30th, 2010, 01:29 AM
yes, absolutely! The same thing happened to me - suddenly my hair was smooth and actually *shiny* after years of heat and chemical treatments. It really did take a while to get used to.

Congratulations! :D

Idun
June 30th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Congratulations! :flower: Sounds like your efforts are starting to pay off!

Tiina
June 30th, 2010, 11:25 AM
I'd say it is definitely so. (There was some debate just last night about how haircare can affect/change the feel and type of hair.) Congrats. :)

triumphator!
June 30th, 2010, 11:49 AM
I'd put my money on it being the healthiest you've grown yet. I'm excited for you! I think I have the same hairtype, and it can be quite frustrating at times!

ArienEllariel
July 1st, 2010, 09:30 AM
Yay! I'm excited then. :) By the end of the year, I think I'll have grown out most of my odl damage too. I'm still contemplating whether to continue to trim off damage and keep my hair the same length that it is or to let it grow out and only do micro trims. I prefer the second option of course, but it still bugs me when I see my nice healthy hair near my scalp and the rest if it still broken off up the hair shaft (though I have to admit it looks loads better than before I got my trim a couple weeks ago). Sigh, hair grows so slowly.

SpinDance
July 1st, 2010, 09:56 AM
The hair grown since I started using LHC techniques is very shiny and smooth also. I have always had frizz and some coarseness, but I'm starting to think that it will take me several years to see what it may really be like! It will take about 6 years to get this new growth to my current length, based on average growth.