PDA

View Full Version : For all you slow growers out there

SpecialKitty
June 29th, 2010, 10:34 PM
And I mean SLOW - try 2 inches a year for slow!

This is an inspiration story:

I've been here at LHC since October 2005. That's almost five years. I started at 17" and I'm now at 25". Read that sentence again. Yes, it took me almost five years to grow 8" of hair (I had a couple of micro trims in there to even things out and get rid of fried ends). My goal right now is BSL and I'm almost there. :D

I just want you to know it's possible. It's possible to grow long hair if your hair grows very, very slowly.

I will post a photo on my blog soon.

My big excitement lately is that people are commenting on how long and pretty my hair is (and that never used to happen - I mean, I have fine sort of wispy hair).

The other day a woman with the most gorgeous long hair I've ever seen came over to me and told me my hair reminded her of her own. I was so happy!

I feel like all the effort and patience has been worth it. I hope it will keep growing - honestly, I felt like I was at terminal length more than once in the last five years because the growth was so glacial.

So - I just want the slowest of the slow growers to know you're not alone, and yes - you too can have long hair. And enjoy the hair length you have now - since you'll have it for awhile ;) Just learn to love your hair at the length it is. And invest in some beautiful hair toys.

--Kitty

countryhopper
June 29th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Wow! Two inches a YEAR?? Thanks for sharing your story! I'm sure it will help a lot of slow growers out there!

Alexannee10
June 29th, 2010, 11:08 PM
What an inspirational story ! Congrats Kitty, you're a model :heartbeat

jeanniet
June 29th, 2010, 11:17 PM
That's really wonderful; I'm very happy for you! And it's encouraging for those who are growing out damage, too--just have patience and results will come in time. Congratulations!

Chestershire
June 30th, 2010, 04:33 AM
wow, and i'd thought i had slow growing hair, good luck with the growing! :)

rapunzhell13
June 30th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Assuming you don't cut it, your hair is always longer today than it was yesterday. An encouraging thought for slow and fast growers alike.

tinti
June 30th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Wow, that's an inspiration for slow growers! I feel like I'm a slow grower, though I think my hair grows normally, 2 cm a month.

MsBubbles
June 30th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Congratulations, Special Kitty, on being just about BSL! And for all those compliments too. I'm sure they are well-deserved. This is inspirational :).

Pumpkin
June 30th, 2010, 07:37 AM
SpecialKitty, thank you for such an inspirational story for all the members here. We all should lift each other up. Reading posts like this really makes my day! Happy growing!

dfotw
June 30th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Wow, thank you for this lovely, inspirational story! :flowers:

My hair has had glacial-speed stretches of growing too, so I know how you feel when one day you start seeing length where there was none! Congratulations on reaching BSL! :cheese:

spidermom
June 30th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I'm glad that your patience is paying off.

Quahatundightu
June 30th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I am right with you :( Mine has only gained 4" in the last 5 years!

although I did trim as well so luckily it doesn't quite grow THAT slow, but I'd be surprised if I get much more than 1" per year... my major problem is breakage, no matter how gentle I am because my hair is just so thin and fine. But now I'm closing in on tailbone, only 2 inches to go and I sure hope I will make it there in a year or less! I am doing no trimming this year to see if it will help :)

Kristin
June 30th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Congratulations, SpecialKitty! Enjoy your hair and compliments!

Alcenaia
June 30th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Yay for you SpecialKitty! :flower:

My hair is thin and fine and slow-growing too. Vitamins seem to be helping. It is encouraging to hear about someone who just keeps going along even if it's slow going. One more inch to tailbone!

Assuming you don't cut it, your hair is always longer today than it was yesterday. An encouraging thought for slow and fast growers alike.

*happily points to sig*

ArcticNights
June 30th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Thank you sooo much for sharing this! :)

I admire your stamina, and this will be a good reminder for me each time I feel that my hair dont grow :o

Elenna
June 30th, 2010, 10:16 AM
You are very encouraging for me. I was wondering why-in-the-heck my hair is growing so slow. Well damage and fine hair can take longer to fix and grow out.

Fairlight63
June 30th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Congradulations on reaching BSL! I am a slow grower also. In Jan. I measured 29" and have just reached 30". 1 in. in 6 mon.? that is rediculius!:rolleyes: though I did trim (dust) the ends a couple of times, so maybe it isn't as bad as it sounds.

I look at it this way, I don't have to worry about cutting my hair very often.

x0h_bother
June 30th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Thank you for this, I need the encouragement (see my album progress pics.) :( :)

LaurelSpring
June 30th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Congratulations! Your patience is encouraging. Mine seems pretty slow but then one day is seems like I notice growth. Its werid that way. Thank you for posting.

triumphator!
June 30th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Once you grow it out to your desired length, celebrate with hair toys and wine!! : )