PDA

View Full Version : Hair question for friend

ilovelonghair
June 28th, 2010, 10:12 PM
One of my friends has something weird going on with his hair at the top of his scalp: it gets tangled badly, compared to the rest of his hair and it doesn't seem to grow longer. I checked for split ends, but there are none! (me=very jealous of that :p) The structure of that part of hair is more dry and not silky as the rest. What could that be from?

Cholera
June 28th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Just a thought, could it be a pre-effect of male pattern baldness? One of my parents' friends noticed that the top part of his hair stopped growing at around an inch long, while the rest of it was growing normally a couple months ago. He couldn't figure out why, and no one wanted to tell him he might be going bald! Ha.

ilovelonghair
June 29th, 2010, 05:09 AM
I was thinking the same, but those hairs are much longer than just an inch long, the new ingrow is thick, which is odd if someone would be getting bald. I think he has a scalp issue, because his scalp is red, it looks painful to me, but apparently it isn't.

ilovelonghair
July 2nd, 2010, 01:58 AM
I actually had a good look at my own hair: I got those short bits on top of my scalp too! I had them before, but that was from severe damage. Since they blend in well with the rest of my hair I never notice them.

drquartz1970
July 2nd, 2010, 03:46 AM
Does the guy scratch his crown area a lot when it's itchy? could be damaged hair from fingernails digging in maybe?

christine1989
July 2nd, 2010, 03:53 AM
Hmmmm.... could be a result of dandruff or dead skin clogging the hair follicles in that area.

ilovelonghair
July 4th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Maybe; he's got a really red scalp, doesn't look like a happy healthy scalp :(