PDA

View Full Version : New Up-do?

tcheney91
June 28th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I was laying in bed yesterday, nearly asleep, and I got an idea for a hairstyle that I knew I would just *have* to try. So I tried it today, and it actually looked pretty good!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5405&pictureid=75495

I think I'll call it the Trifecta Bun, as it starts with three braids. What do you think?

09robiha
June 28th, 2010, 01:33 PM
thats reaaaaaaaaaaalllllyy beatiful :) and I can see where it gets its name from. Instructions???

Capybara
June 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Oooh I like it! Very pretty. Could be a medieval princess!

I'll be watching for instructions :drama: How long did it take to do?

whoanellie
June 28th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Wow, really cool! It reminds me of a Celtic knot. :)

tcheney91
June 28th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I'll try to explain the best I can. I started with three ponytails, arranged in a triangle. You can kind of see the placement in the picture. There is one on top, with two lower down. I then english braided all of them and tied them off. After that, I wrapped them. For the top braid, I brought it down between the two lower braids, then curved it to the right around the lower right braid. I then wrapped the length around that lower right braid's base and pinned. I followed this same pattern for wrapping them all. Bring it between the two braids opposite of the one you are working on, curve it clockwise, then wrap it around the base of that braid. Hope that was sort of clear... It only took me about 5 minutes!

Tangerine
June 28th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Very creative - I agree it is reminiscent of Celtic knotwork design!

Kome
June 28th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Very pretty! :)

linda g
June 28th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I like it!

freckles
June 28th, 2010, 02:00 PM
very cool!

tcheney91
June 28th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks everyone! It was VERY secure. Didn't budge all day. The above picture is after wearing it for 6 hours in a chemistry lecture and lab. Whew...

Dream0331
June 28th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I attempted to do this on my hair...but I sort of forgot the instructions and wrapped the top braid around the right braid`s base, and the right braid around the left braid`s base, and the left braid around the top braid`s base. I have a braided triangle on the back of my head, but I like it! Put on a black lace and rhinestone headband and it all looks so cute. Just so you know my hair is 1a and APL, so I`m thinking your instructions would work for my hair too...yay! Thanks for posting this.

twilight
June 28th, 2010, 04:30 PM
ooooOOOOOOooooooh - nice one!

Miasen
June 28th, 2010, 04:33 PM
It looks great! :D

tcheney91
June 28th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I didn't even think of a braided triangle, Dream0331! That's a cool idea! I'm sure once you got the three (or more...?) braids going, you could do all sorts of goofy things with them!