PDA

View Full Version : Hair Toys

Catladyintown
May 13th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Closed thank you.
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/Catladyintown/Picture2.jpg
3. Graydog XL Barrette Green. 4 1/2 long and 1 inch wide. $24.
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/Catladyintown/Copy1ofPicture9-1.jpg

coppercurls
May 13th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Ack, I wish I wasn't unemployed at the moment or I would so take that beautiful Ficcare off your hands! Best of luck:)

Catladyintown
May 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks Coppercurls I know what you mean. If we did not need to eat I wouldn't sell them.:cheese: But I know they will go to a home that will love them.

Nynaeve
May 15th, 2008, 12:53 PM
How does the Kanshi hair stick fasten? Is it a screw on end?

Peggy E.
May 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I am purchasing another ficcare, but I wanted to ask you if there isn't some other way you might be able to get some grocery money together to carry you over for the short period? Through your church? Social Services?

I've sold hair toys when I've needed the money, and it is a painful way to go. Wish I could help in some way. I'm getting Meals on Wheels now, and it has been a real blessing - as well as rather tasty, too.

Is there a "Feed My People" or some other place that can help out? I'm so sorry and do hope that things will pick up for you - and the many, many people - who are struggling right now. Guess we've really been rather fortunate to have some items to fall back on....

Catladyintown
May 15th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Nynaeve the blue knob comes off and on it is more like a push on. Thank you so much Peggy E. I was lucky and my mom was able to help us out even through she on vacation.

lil_irish_angel
May 15th, 2008, 05:32 PM
the Kanshi hair stick is very unique and pretty where in the world did you ever find it

Catladyintown
May 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi lil_irish_angel I believe one of our members made it, not sure which one. I actually bought it on the swap board.:)

PseudoScot
May 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
That looks like Nightshade's work but I could be wrong...

Rae~
May 15th, 2008, 09:14 PM
It looks like a Nightblooming one, I believe. :)

Nynaeve
May 15th, 2008, 10:05 PM
It looks like a Nightblooming one, I believe. :)

Agreed, which is why I asked about the fastener. I knew Nightshade would come up with something hair-friendly, and anything of such a type might confirm my suspicions. :)

It is really really pretty. I'm interested, but I wish it were green, and to think blue used to be my favorite color... :(

morgwn
May 16th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Bump. PM'd you about #2.

Beldaran
May 16th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Agreed, which is why I asked about the fastener. I knew Nightshade would come up with something hair-friendly, and anything of such a type might confirm my suspicions. :)

It is really really pretty. I'm interested, but I wish it were green, and to think blue used to be my favorite color... :(

I do believe it is a Nightshade stick, and as far as I know the end just slides on, and it fits snugly so it doesn't come off too easily.

I know Nightshade is busy at work, but I'll pester her to come and confirm this.

Nightshade
May 16th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Heh, thanks Beldaran :)

That looks like one of my initial prototype kanzashi. One end comes off (the stainless stick in the middle is hollow) and it stays on with a very weak air seal. Not so much that you can't take it apart easily, but enough to keep it on when worn normally.

Catladyintown
May 16th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Thank Nightshade for popping up and confirming your the artist. It is beautiful work.:)