PDA

View Full Version : Back to black

kristymarie87
June 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM
So idyed my hair what was meant to be dark brown but somehow ended up black - even though i only left it on about 8 or 9 minutes!

I must say i like it, and i get more compliments with black hair :D

It was really dry after i did it and i've been using Herbal Essances, Beautiful Ends shampoo and conditioner. Its helped so much, and i know it has sulphates and cones but my hair seems to like them!

What is it that those ingredients actually does thats bad for the hair? I used organics for a while but found no differance other than my hair smelt of lemons, which was lovely!

I still have yet to get some aloe vera, not been paid yet :(

Also why is it my hair looks so much longer now its black? And alot thicker too!

Does anyone else find that when you dye it it looks longer?

MakeLoveNotWar
June 28th, 2010, 09:54 AM
It's funny you say that black hair made your hair look longer because the same thing happened to me! I dyed it black and all of a sudden I was like "Is my hair really that long?!" It also made it look healthier, very shiny and my yucky ends don't look as yucky anymore.

kristymarie87
June 28th, 2010, 09:56 AM
It's funny you say that black hair made your hair look longer because the same thing happened to me! I dyed it black and all of a sudden I was like "Is my hair really that long?!" It also made it look healthier, very shiny and my yucky ends don't look as yucky anymore.

Im glad im not the only one!! Im beginning to become obsessed with my hair - which is bad because it hardly seems to grow until i forget about it!

Yay for dark hair!!

Juneii
June 28th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I am not entirely sure why people hate cones either. I know that for some their hair becomes crunchier and doesn't feel smooth. Others just don't like having the cones weigh down their hair.
I like it a lot because it makes my hair shiner and smoother.

Kelli Kat
June 28th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I went completely black a couple of weeks ago, I've gotten a lot of compliments on it and in addition to it seeming longer, I haven't had to wash it as often.

Tiina
June 28th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Sulfates can in long term cause scalp itchiness and irritation. They also strip your hair too much from the natural oils which can result in dry, unsmooth hair.

As for cones, they tend to build up, become weighty, too slippery and so on. Since I gave up cones I've found that my hair is much more easily manageable. It doesn't slip out of do's and it obeys my orders.

whoanellie
June 28th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Oooooh you are making me get one step closer to taking the plunge back to black...! I have a box of Naturtint black sitting on my bathroom sink taunting me.

JenniferNoel
June 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM
I've had black hair most of my life. I went a year varying between funky unnatural colors, blondes, reds, etc, but I'm back to my old self again these days. My hair always looks longer, fuller, healthier, and shiny when it's black. Keep in mind I use indigo and henna to achieve black. :)
Glad to hear the color is working for you!

Loreley
June 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Black hair is so beautiful! I'd love to have it but I dyed my hair once and it demaged it so much I don't dare dye it again. :(
I don't use cones because:
-my hair hates sulfates and my mild shampoo couldn't remove cones -cones seal moisture out of hair
-my hair can't absorb oil if it's coated with cones and oiling is the best thing I've ever done to my hair. :D
But cones have good effects, too. They can protect hair against demage and make it more slippery. They are good for very demaged hair because they can hide the demaged ends a bit.

kristymarie87
June 28th, 2010, 01:40 PM
I love how versatile black is....i can wear any make up and my eyes always stand out!

I guess sulfates work with my hair because i have very greasy hair naturally. So maybe it removes just enough to keep it nice :D I have tried CO and WO but my hair was just too greasy!

Its weird how im quite pale yet i look like i have a healthy glow when i have black hair...

Sammich
June 28th, 2010, 01:43 PM
I am not entirely sure why people hate cones either. I know that for some their hair becomes crunchier and doesn't feel smooth. Others just don't like having the cones weigh down their hair.
I like it a lot because it makes my hair shiner and smoother.

Yup, cones are fine for me! The only reason I don't use cones are they weigh my hair down and I want to keep my wurlies thank you very much! :p
That's great! When I dyed my hair black, it did certainly feel longer. Was awesome how healthy it looked too!