PDA

View Full Version : How many different hairstyles have you had?

emsahib
June 28th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Thought it'd be fun to find out :)

I had blonde hair as a baby (as i think most alot of people do) Then it went a medium brown colour and i had a few bobs. I then grew out my fringe when i was 7 which is a bit of a horror story as my mum insisted that i wear my fringe in a ponytail at the front of my face!! Then I grew the rest of my hair outand used to drew pictures of myself grown up with hair down to the floor. My hair was at its longest at my waist when I was 12 then I had alot of it cut off (although i think this suited me better perhaps especially as i hadn't been to the hair dresser for a while). Then started came the dye! lol think the first colour I did was a reddy brown colour, I also tried blonde sometime which didn't work that well and lots of times have dyed my hair a darker brown. Then I went back to my natural colour before deciding to dye it bright red for a year (which i loved but I had to redo it) Decided to go back to brown cut a load of it off. The red dye was coming back so tried an even darker brown which turned out black! much to my dismay. One of my friends suggested bicarbonate of soda to get rid of the dye (which didnt work and left it really dry and i had to put loads of conditioner on it) Then i used a dye stripper which got it a little lighter plus surprising didnt do too much damage. Which brings me up to know where my hair is back to brown though not quite my natural colour and I've also got a fringe back. Wondering if I should keep the fringe or not but under no circumstances am i putting it in a ponytail again!

Maybe I should dig out some old photos :)

James M
June 28th, 2010, 02:52 AM
You should definitely dig up some old photos! I would if I could! :D

My hair was also blonde at the start, I wonder if this is the case for most people too! It is now a dirty blonde/light brown. I've had a few hairstyles :)

A bowl cut. HAHAHAH

I've had my hair buzzed before... Also cut short where I could do like a little front flip thing (that didn't last long)

I had spiked short hair for a few years, and actually at one point bleached it, and dyed it blue ;)

Then onetime, I shaved my head... Completely. No hair, razor! This is something I regreted, but laugh about in retrospect. One thing I have to say, is showers feel very weird with no hair, very weird haha, and so does sticking your head out of the window going fast down the highway.

Annnnd now I'm just rockin' the long (getting there at least) hair. :cheese:

Nera
June 28th, 2010, 02:57 AM
-Always had it short before 12, because me (and my mother) didn't know how to manage it.
-Grew it out with fringe after that
-Dyed black and cut short with fringe <-loved that
-Grew out fringe, blunt cut (for growing)
-Now (:

emsahib
June 28th, 2010, 03:04 AM
you know im almost tempted to shave my head just to experience sticking my head out the window lol but i dont think i will. Shall have a look for photos but i bet i wont be able to put them on here with all the technical problems i seem to be having

emsahib
June 28th, 2010, 04:31 AM
ok lets see if this works, have missed a few in the middle as looking for photos can take a while :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/PrincessJoanna/hair/hairpic2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/PrincessJoanna/hair/hair72.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/PrincessJoanna/hair/hair8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/PrincessJoanna/hair/hairpic.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/PrincessJoanna/hair/hair5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/PrincessJoanna/hair/hair4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/PrincessJoanna/hair/red.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/PrincessJoanna/hair/red2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/PrincessJoanna/hair/hair7.jpg

Hiriel
June 28th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Hm, I was blonde when I was little, and had brown hair by the time I started school. I had some lovely bowl cuts, and then in elementary school for a while I had long hair with a fringe. I cut my hair shorter (chin length) and grew out the fringe. Since then my hair has been one length and generally between APL and its current length. My hair is a lighter brown now than it was too. More gold and red in it now.

Synthemesc
June 28th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Started off with blonde hair which darkened to a dirty blonde colour, and from 4 til 11ish I was subjected to horrendous bowl cuts from my stepdad that only drew attention to my chubby-kid face :D
After that I got layers and started to grow my hair out, I must have got to BSL when my sordid affair with dye started. I first dyed it black when I was 13, from there it went to bleach blonde and back again several times, then on to bleaching and unnatural colours. I've been pink, blue, purple, green, red, orange (?!), teal... you name it, it's been that colour!
Then one day I chopped it all off, got called "sir" quite a lot. From there I stuck to red, box dyes with semi permanent touch-ups in between.
Which brings us to present day, after learning of the wonders of the CO wash from you lovely folks, I can use semi permanent only without it fading too fast. I'm sure my hair will thank me for that!

pepperminttea
June 28th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I started off as a blonde too. Switched between home-cut bobs and about APL for most of childhood with a thick fringe; my hair was a complete bird's nest the vast majority of the time. Around 10 realised how bad this was and put it into a ponytail every single day for years - major brush abuse. Grew the fringe out at about 13 - failed at adapting, and it spent most of the time looking like I had 90s-boyband-curtains until it reached an ear-tuckable length. Made the terrible mistake that is a perm, and since my hair was already shot to hell, I then experimented with dyes. Oh dear. Didn't go as far as bleaching, just reds and purples, but never again. Grew out all the dyed hair, got to about BSL before having all the damage cut off into a bob at about 17; realised that I really quite liked having it long. Switched between variations of SL and APL for a while. Started properly growing at 20. Now at 22 with virgin hair and just about waist length.

I have to admit, I am a bit curious about really short lengths - pixies and less - but I'm not the smallest person and I'm fairly sure I'd look like a large boiled egg with no hair. C'est la vie. :)

tinti
June 28th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Since my mom is a hairstylist I've had a lot of styles. My hair is naturally a copper/red color, but I've got some blonde stripes or streaks or what you call it. I've grown and cut my bangs a lot, don't know what suits me. I also cut and grown out layers :p Don't know what I'm comfortable with or what suits me at all.

Milui Elenath
June 28th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I was born with red hair that fell out and went blonde then gradually darkened to a medium brown with fair streaks that between 15 and 16 went copper and settled finally on auburn at 18. I played with dye but unfortunately/fortunately ? it never took to my hair. They were always red dyes except once when I attempted to go blueberry black and my hair came out purple! :p It also did not take.

I began with short layered hair which my mother loved as it was wavy but soon it became dead straight. She was (still is) convinced if we kept it short it would be wavy again. I would usually make APL before it was cut into a short layered pixie. At 14 I had a bob briefly that soon became the final pixie. Awful. (and also no waviness) I had fringes (bangs) on and off until then.

I have had long hair ever since all one length, no fringe and my hair is still changing it's natural colour darkening and greying but I have found Henna :D so I will be keeping the red a little longer.

Oh yes and a perm at 16 that also did not hold!

Khiwanean
June 28th, 2010, 09:19 AM
When I was really little I had white-blond hair with big floppy curls. By the time I reached kindergarten it had darkened to a solid blond and had grown out to midback or waist length. It was also just barely wavy at the time, probably due to the weight of longer hair combined with being brushed at least daily. I also had bangs. Around that time I would tilted my head back when a was taking a bath just to feel where I wanted to grow it to. It never reached that long because of trims and whatnot. I almost never put my hair up.

Somewhere around fourth grade I decided to grow my bangs out. By fifth grade they were around chin length, which is what prompted me to chop my hair of to be the same length as my bangs. It was very disorienting, losing so much weight of hair. I felt like I was going to float away.

From there I grew to shoulder length, which I maintained for a while before starting to grow my hair back out. I still got sporadic trims though, which kept me from surpassing what my length was in kindergarten. My hair has also naturally darkened to a dark blond that might pass as a light brunette.

I've only started wearing my hair up most of the time since January or February of this year. I think it's made a big difference.

ETA: If it wasn't already obvious by the omission, I've never dyed my hair. Contemplated it, sure, but never done it. And I've never really changed much but the length.

Capybara
June 28th, 2010, 09:50 AM
My hair history isn't particularly interesting, but I want to play too! :D

I was born with black hair that stuck straight out in all directions.

The black hair fell out, and was replaced with blindingly white platinum blonde, which darkened to a dark ash blonde when I was about 5.

My hair stayed in a blunt cut with no fringe until I was around 9-10, when I cut straight across bangs.

When I was 11, my sisters experimented with stripy highlights and home highlight kits. Needless to say, my (older) sisters relegated me to the job of guinea pig :p They never ended up trying the highlights on themselves, because of the results I got ... :rolleyes: I liked them, though. For some reason, I thought they looked good with my freckles? XD

Around the time of the highlights, I got layers put in. The first set were really cute; long layers, with face framing bits to go with my fringe. Then .. the third set of layers was a complete disaster! I basically had triangle head (the top two-thirds of my hair was chopped to above shoulder), while there were scraggly bits left in the back. I decided to grow out the layers.

After the highlights and layers grew out, I was pretty conservative with my hair. just left it in a blunt-ish cut for years, sometimes maintaining a fringe, other times letting it grow. The longest I was able to grow my fringe out to was collarbone length, but then I decided that I looked better with it than without. So, I ended up cutting side bangs. They have ranged in length from chin+, to my eyebrows. I haven't really styled or dyed my hair other than that; from growing out the layers to the present, I've pretty much only had blunt cuts.

Two and a half years ago, I cut off my hair to donate. (up to about collarbone/APL). I've been growing ever since. I'd like to donate again sometime, but not until after I reach my goal :D

ETA: Most of my hair history consists of growing out (layers, highlights, etc.) which takes years (Except for when I donated it, my hair had never been above waist length.)

Tiina
June 28th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Oh woe my hair, it's been through a lot. I was born with very light silvery-ashy blonde hair that never turned darker before my first dye at the tender age of 12. My mother used to take care of my hair back then, cutting and all. I had a very blunt bob with an equally blunt fringe in my early years. It started to grow out after the age of 4. Mom wasn't very good at maintaining or styling it so it just got longer and longer and the most complex hairdo I ever got was an english braid. When I was 10-11 or so, I was taken to a hairstylist for the first time. Suddenly I went from waist/tailbone to shoulder. So I scampered around with shoulderlength hair and sidebangs. It should be noted that the stylist moved my part from the middle to the side and it still wants to part from that exact spot.

A year or two later, I decided I needed a dye. A severe jet black dye. On my very-very light blonde hair. We did it at home, mother and I. She also gave me some weirdass fringe. That was the last time I ever saw my real haircolor. However, for the first time I felt I was in control of how I look.

Then followed a series of calamities which varied from chin to shoulder, that awkward length that doesn't really suit anyone. Layers, no layers. Fringe, sidefringe. SHROOM! Layers, no layers. Etc. The vicious circle went on and on and was black all the way. There was a brief moment of niceness when it was cut to chin and given layers and faceframing bits and messed nicely in a salon but after I washed it myself two days later it became lifeless and dull again. For all my love for dyes and cuts, I hadn't got a clue about styling.

One month, when I was 15, I accidentally forgot to do my roots. Somehow I finally realised that black looks like crap on me. So it was time to get some colour b4. Which destroyed everything and I went to almost pixie length. And bright red. It looked surprisingly good. I started to let it grow, only dying the roots and trimming only if direly necessary.

Once it got to my chin again I got myself a mohawk. Probably the best idea I ever had. :D If I wasn't growing my hair now I would go back to a carrot red 'hawk right away. It suited me too damn well. I loved it.

And then... I set it on fire. Accidentally. :(

I was practically bald after that. Seemed like my hair was so disappointed in me, it even refused to grow. As my natural colour started to come out again, I looked rather bald. Of course, I dyed myself green this time. Soon after, I met the man who is now my husband. Although he definitely has a preference for more classical beauty with long, natural hair he didn't seem very displeased to find some punk with grass growing out of her head in his bed. I was also kind of pudgy and unkempt at the time so I got no idea what he saw in me. Love at first sight is definitely not normal. :shrug:

Its been okay after the green fairy. I kept my hair in various bobs (even though they are all the same) and kept dying it red. There was more to think about than my hair so I stopped harrassing it. And quietly, without even telling me, the bob started creeping towards my shoulders. Here came in the thought that maybe I can grow it out. It didn't go very well as the first hairdresser I went to trimmed me into some kind of a mushroom. A few months later another chopped into it absolutely randomly. That got sort of fixed...

At last we come to this year. I got my last cut and dye in February. Some layers that I wish were not as deep, a sideswept fringe and overall length at midneck. I believe I have made an equally long rant about it somewhere here in the forums.:rolleyes:

Anyway, now I am just letting it be. No dye, no cuts, selftrims when I am feeling brave and hopefully I'll get to BSL by the end of the year.

(I should probably get a blog, not litter this place with overly long monologues.)

kristymarie87
June 28th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Mine was below my bum until i was 10 and i wanted to copy my friend and had a shoulder length chop!!

Then through my early teens i didnt pay attention, it was always between shoulder and APL. At 17 i permed my BSL hair and straightened every day lol. Then i chopped to shoulder again at 18 but it grew to BSL in about 6 months!!

I had another chop at 20 to shoulderish - lower than chin. Then half my head shaved in an accident and had to keep it short until it caught up. Posh bob in 2008 and now shoulder length. Ben blonde, red, auburn, brown highlighted, ginger, black, black and pink! Not in order though and since i was 13!!

Alcenaia
June 28th, 2010, 10:03 AM
My hair was platinum blonde at birth. It darkened for a couple years to the color I have now.

When I was little I had bangs. I grew them out in middle school and now my hair is as you see it.

It is amazing to read everyone else's stories. My hair is so constant and there is such variation in these tales!

cm006j
June 28th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Well, most people in Europe and North America might start out blonde, but I think Africa, India, China, and Japan have us beat and I'm pretty sure their hair starts out black!

Anyway, I had a full head of black hair when I was born, as is common in my family. When I was a little kid I had the oddest sort-of bowl cut. It was very thick. It looked cute enough, but I always loved long hair.

In high school I had that "grass is greener" feeling and I wanted to have curly hair, so I got it permed twice. After that I had the desire for curls out of my system and now I love how straight and thick my hair is.

I've had a variety of lengths, but I always prefer long and one length.

I had bangs (fringe) all through my childhood and teenage years and they always looked greasy and terrible. I don't know why I kept on thinking that I should have bangs, they never looked good on me!

emsahib
June 30th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I was born with red hair that fell out and went blonde then gradually darkened to a medium brown with fair streaks that between 15 and 16 went copper and settled finally on auburn at 18.

wow how strange that your hair changed colour so much? wonder if this has happened to anyone else

Milui Elenath
July 5th, 2010, 05:09 AM
wow how strange that your hair changed colour so much? wonder if this has happened to anyone else

Do you know I was just wondering this myself and thought about starting a thread over it.