PDA

View Full Version : Another way to measure your hair growth

McFearless
June 27th, 2010, 11:52 PM
I was so bored today that I went to Wal mart to pick up a few things for my hair, as usual. While I was there an idea occured to me. What if we took a cheap white t-shirt and used a ruler to draw APL, BSL, etc or inches with a permanent marker? Wouldnt that be cool?:cool: I quickly went home and tried it out. I used milestones instead of inches. I dont know if I could do that one accurately. But yeah, I just wanted to share and give you all a new idea. :)

I also picked up sesame seed oil and black strap molasses. I was looking for a treatment for the molasses but im a little afraid it wont CO wash out.

AlleyKitten
June 28th, 2010, 12:19 AM
That sounds like an awesome way to keep track of growth -- you could make notes of what date you got to particular lengths right on the shirt, and it would make taking pictures to gauge your length really easy. Of course, at this point I'd need pants to do it!

ColoradoDreamer
June 28th, 2010, 12:28 AM
That's a great idea for measuring length. I've done something similar with a tie-dyed T-shirt I have.

As for molasses, I've used it in SMT before. It rinsed right out when I rinsed. Reminds me . . . I haven't done that in awhile, and it's long overdue!

James M
June 28th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Anything that makes it easier for me to get this measuring thing down is good. Right now I'm not sure where to start... So many different layers :/
:confused:

emsahib
June 28th, 2010, 01:28 AM
that sounds like a cool idea reminds me a bit of measuring my height as a kid against the wall. Maybe people with longer hair could get a dress or find a extra long tshirt

Juneii
June 28th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I go to walmart for random hair clips too! :)

the t-shirt is a good idea! although I have given up on exact measurements now, I find that I tilt my head differently each time and that makes a big difference.

Loreley
June 28th, 2010, 01:54 AM
It's a good idea! But I'd need pants, too. :D

James M
June 28th, 2010, 01:58 AM
@ Loreley

That's awesome :p

ButterCream
June 28th, 2010, 05:33 AM
What a fun idea, I love it!:)

I use my string-measure-envelope method myself, but think your idea is super cool!:cheer: