PDA

View Full Version : oh no.

apynip
June 27th, 2010, 08:03 PM
And a remember me?

Since i started at my job i've messed and messed with my hair.

ok so not terribly at first.... But recently i dyed my hair purple but first having to bleach it....
fast forward two months and i decided to strip my hair using bleach ( yes the B word) as was my managers 'wise' advice since it was creme oil bleach.

My hair melted... and it became a matted mess... I got 3+ inches cut off and even made the stylist cringe.

anyways now its in better shape and slightly happyer with henna and really good conditioners on it.

I've tossed my colouring products now and learned my lesson.

I was two inches below shoulder length and now i'm right above it again. TT_TT

I swear i shall never use the B word on my hair again or any other chemical process on my hair again

Juneii
June 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM
oh god, I am glad you learned your lesson, that sounds really scary. Are you planning to grow out the damage before growing your hair to it's goal length?

apynip
June 27th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I'm just going to be groing it out and trimming it carefully. its that or get a pixi and i really dont want to start over... I already nearly cried about the 3 inches... that was 3 months work!

Kome
June 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Give it time. I was in the same boat. I cut off 12 inches of hair because of too much bleaching. It was fun while it lasted and I don't regret it, but it was a pain to get it healthy again. It's taken' me a YEAR to really get it looking nice without blow drying it. I used aloe vera gel to condition it for a few months, but I've noticed the biggest difference since hennaing my hair. Also, I started using Suave Shea Butter and Almond Condtiioner lately and WOW. Good stuff.

MonikaHa
June 27th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Oh yes... bleach... this is why I am now sporting a lovely triangle head bowl cut.. but do not worry, hair will grow back :)

SandyStar
June 27th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Sorry about the bleach, that sounded like an awful experience. I'm glad your hair is better now. Just try to forget about growing your hair for a bit and before you know it, it will be long again. :)