PDA

View Full Version : Hair growth products

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Has anyone used any products that claim to make your hair grow faster, and did you notice any difference?

Barniie
June 27th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I've tried Sunsilk's 'Longer and Stronger' shampoo and conditioner, and it made my hair feel pretty awful... so no. xD

James M
June 27th, 2010, 04:47 AM
I'm interested in this too!

I noticed a thread on here where people were discussing it, but to be honest I don't know if I buy into it. Not just on a level of doubt, but also on a level of literally not buying into it. I'm broke dude!

Long_hair_guy
June 27th, 2010, 05:03 AM
The only way I know on how you can really improve your hair growth rate is by eating healthy plus the hair will be healthier.

I would stay away from products that say they can improve hair growth rates.

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 05:05 AM
What about Capilong? has anyone tried that? Or there's one called Fast as well which is a shampoo

RachelRain
June 27th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I tried sunsilk once... my hair was tacky afterwards. the only way I can think to explain it is if you paint your house in humid weather and you touch it after? cuz it never feels fully dry when you do that. was horrible.

my dad used to buy me something called... mane & tail? it was originally for horses, and he worked at a farm and it was so good at detangling their tails that he bought some for me before my mom chopped it all off. he swore that my hair grew like a weed afterwards, although I don't know how true that is, because there's very few pictures of me as a kid. or now, for that matter.

hm85
June 27th, 2010, 05:15 AM
iv used fast...10 a bottle and u have 2 get shampoo and conditioner! made my hair dry and didnt notice much difference at all xx

Loreley
June 27th, 2010, 05:56 AM
I tried a hair tonic and my hair grew a bit faster. :)

Igor
June 27th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Here is a thread on it: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=49977

renia22
June 27th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I find that my hair grows in better when I eat well, including enough protein, and when I take vitamins, etc. Times in my life when nutrition went by the wayside, it really showed in my hair.

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for all your responses,. yeah i read some reviews on amazon about fast and some people said it worked wonders and the rest said it made their hair dry.

Loreley what was the hair tonic you used?

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Just found this website http://www.longhairlovers.co.uk/ anyone tried any of these?

zule
June 27th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Hair is dead. Nothing applied to it can make it "grow" faster. The level on which growth takes place is internal. That means that those who say good health, nutrition, no calorie restriction, and such, are what promote growth, are correct.

Because we want so much to believe these hypster corporations, we'll try anything. I've been a patsy, too, even knowing the science about it. They prey on insecurity to make a buck.

It makes me angry.

BTW, Mane and Tail is a good product, and really cheap. It made my longhair neighbor's blonde hair shimmer in the sun, just like--well, a horse's mane. It didn't make mine that shiny, though.

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 10:31 AM
ok I've just realised that the emu oil is fat from the bird :S I should really look at ingredience more (I'm a veggie)

Fractalsofhair
June 27th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Massaging my scalp makes it grow faster, however, I have a very healthy diet and an already fast growth rate.

clech25
June 27th, 2010, 10:41 AM
The only thing that will make your hair grow at the fastest rate possible for your body is good nutrition and a good hair care routine that will keep the hair as strong as possible so it will not break off. Other than that, these products that claim to make hair grow "faster" are a scam, and if they do seem to make hair grow "faster" it is only because they are making the hair shaft stronger and less likely to break. =)

whitedaisez
June 27th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Try Megatek rebuilder and Ovation Cell Therapy. They both work really well.

Purdy Bear
June 27th, 2010, 11:33 AM
In my research so far the following will help make your hair grow - from an Alopecian point of view:

Lots and Lots of Biotin containing foods

Lots and lots of Protein and Dairy

Hot water compresses - I apply a wet flannel to my scalp like you would for a sprain/strained muscle.

Balayam - thats nail rubbing - worked for me, although it did make my allergic reactions worse, so you need to be careful with it.

Massage, Hypnosis, Meditation, Visualisation all work.

Look out for the Aberdeen Arometherapy Study - its on here somewhere. They basically took four Eos and carrier and applied it to Alopecians and it helped regrowth.

Melanie Von Zabusenig also did an Aromatherapy recipe for Alopecians.

Others that may help hair growth:

Onion juice
Boiled water left over from potatoe boiling applied to the scalp
Good Gut/Intestinal care (ie having Bio Yoghurts and Probiotics).

PS: Minoxidil didnt work for me, but that was years ago, it may have changed its recipe by now.

PPS: Iv still got occasional regrowth YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 03:18 PM
thanks for all the advice :)
with the orange juice is that drinking it or putting it on your hair? cos i can get through juice really quickly.
Also I caved and thought i'd try the Capilong see how it goes.